Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

waterless wash quick detailer croftgate

Search this Thread

Old 12/23/10, 07:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
waterless wash quick detailer croftgate

I've been using this croftgate stuff since summer and I am liking it a lot. I was never a big fan of waterless wash but figured I would give it a try seeing how my car doesn't really get that dirty. Times when it has gotten really dirty I would do a reg wash. To cold for that so a quick rinse at the car wash and then finish up with this stuff in the garage. Follow up with their quick and slick and its like glass. I usually use meguires quick wax and I would have to say its pretty close but I have to give it to the croftgate stuff.
For the croftgat detailer you spray some on a microfiber and then apply it to the car. I usually sprayed the megs stuff right on the car and then hit it with the microfiber. I tried using the megs stuff the same way spray on the micro and then apply to the car. This works very well and makes the product go a long way.

One thing I also like about the waterless wash is that I don't have to do the whole car at once. Do half the car then go have lunch and finish later.
I use about 8oz of the wash a couple large microfibers and a couple small microfibers.

Soooooo Has anyone else used this stuff? I have seen it mentioned a few times around here with good results. I have also seen a thread or two that I can not find anymore I hope its ok to start a thread about this stuff.

Last edited by Glenn; 12/23/10 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12/24/10, 08:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
I've been using this croftgate stuff since summer and I am liking it a lot. I was never a big fan of waterless wash but figured I would give it a try seeing how my car doesn't really get that dirty. Times when it has gotten really dirty I would do a reg wash. To cold for that so a quick rinse at the car wash and then finish up with this stuff in the garage. Follow up with their quick and slick and its like glass. I usually use meguires quick wax and I would have to say its pretty close but I have to give it to the croftgate stuff.
For the croftgat detailer you spray some on a microfiber and then apply it to the car. I usually sprayed the megs stuff right on the car and then hit it with the microfiber. I tried using the megs stuff the same way spray on the micro and then apply to the car. This works very well and makes the product go a long way.

One thing I also like about the waterless wash is that I don't have to do the whole car at once. Do half the car then go have lunch and finish later.
I use about 8oz of the wash a couple large microfibers and a couple small microfibers.

Soooooo Has anyone else used this stuff? I have seen it mentioned a few times around here with good results. I have also seen a thread or two that I can not find anymore I hope its ok to start a thread about this stuff.

That was most likely myself who mentioned it. I've been using it for over 8 months now and it is the BEST stuff out there. Don't be afraid to use it on a dirty car, it still works believe me. If you feel hesitant then just spray a little more of the Aquanil-X on the paint than normal. If you have a chance try the Wash & Wax too. It works exceptionally well for the really dirty cars. I've used all of their products and I can vouch that they are all a cut above the rest.

Here's another trick. If you buy the Wash & Wax take an empty Aquanil-X bottle and mix one ounce of Quick & Slick with one ounce of Wash & Wax and fill the rest with water. Now fill a bucket with 1 gallon of water and one ounce of Wash & Wax. Soak a microfiber towel in the bucket and wring out about half of the water. Fold the towel into a square (like you would with Aquanil-X) and spray the body panel with your concoction in the bottle. Wipe down the panel gently from top to bottom. Take a clean microfiber and wipe off the panel and buff to a shine. The Quick & Slick/Wash & Wax presoak will give you a great lubrication and protection in between your regular Quick & Slick sessions.

Have you tried Aquanil-X in your engine bay and wheel wells too? Try it! It works everywhere. And the tire shine can not only be used on your tires AND wheels but your plastic interior as well. Treat your side and rear windows with Quick & Slick for unbelievable beading during poor weather.

The fact is I could go on all day with how you can use this stuff!

Oh, and keep an eye out on www.croftgateusa.com since there's new stuff coming out all of the time!
Old 12/24/10, 08:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are a couple pics of my Vue for reference as to how deep the shine of my paint is.

And this one is the passenger door under a 500 watt halogen light. As you can see there are absolutely NO swirls and the clear coat is pretty much as close to flawless as you can get.