Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 2/15/12, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woah havent been on here in FOREVER! Glad to see some familiar faces from ME..

Since ive been gone so long the beast has gone a complete makeover, all it needs is zinc dipped drilled/slotted rotors and carbon fiber brake calipers and it will be full blood murdered! (Besides dash which will be started soon.. and when i say soon i mean whenever i get a breath of air from this **** busy sched..!)
Old 2/15/12, 06:49 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice Jet!!

I killed my battery at Barnes and Noble today. Lol.
Old 2/15/12, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by lalayla
Nice Jet!!

I killed my battery at Barnes and Noble today. Lol.
thanks love

aaGAIN?!??! my goodness..
Old 2/15/12, 11:34 PM
V6 Member

GOT IT!

It's sitting safely in my garage right now.

After a month of looking around, studying, figuring out exactly what I wanted and trying to find it, I had to wait for an incoming order because there were no car matching my requirements. So here's what I got:

2012 Mustang GT
6MT82 (or however you write that)
Sterling Gray
Premium seats with the charcoal/cashmere stripe and the chrome shifter
Comfort Package (both seats power and heated)
Blind spot mirrors (that may be standard)
SYNC (again, that may be standard)
18" Polished Aluminum Wheels
Pirelli 235/50ZR/18/W97

It's nice. I like it. But I do have a couple of questions. When I picked it up, it had 28 miles on the odometer, so it's brand-spanking new. Built 1/31/12 according to the numbers on the window sticker. I didn't really step into it too much, so I don't don't know what it would do with WOT, but it feels very tight. I'm hoping it loosens up a bit in the next few hundred miles. The 5.0L GTs that I drove previously had a hundred miles or so on them and I did actually punch them. They responded accordingly and pushed me back in the seat. So I'm hoping this one will do the same in a few hundred miles once I get the nerve up to give it a go.

Secondly, the aftermarket guy tried to sell me a bunch of options, of course, one of which was the 3.73 rear end. I didn't really want that because I've read that the 3.31 will give you better fuel economy (I know, that sounds nuts when I've just talked about punching it) but I'm wondering if the 3.31 is standard of if it's possible this car has something with a lower number. Surely not. I'm thinking 3.31 is standard. Let me know if it isn't and I'll have a talk with the dealer who told me on the phone it was the 3.31, although I can't find anything on the window sticker.

I did opt for the window tinting and I went with 20% on everything except the windshield which I got nothing on. My wife has a note from her doctor since she had cataract surgery and she's very photosensitive, so I hope that's enough to get by in case I get pulled over. Do you think 20% is too dark and might effect my vision at night? I'm not sure. I had 35% in my previous car and didn't have any issues. I love those blind spot mirrors. Very handy.

I also went with the wheel and tire protection. That was $475 and it covered wheels and tires for 5 years or 60,000 miles. That seems like a pretty good investment to me. With the chug holes we have in Missouri, it wouldn't take but a couple of incidents to add up to that figure.

That's it. I'm looking forward to a sunny day so I can wash all the road crap off of it that I got driving home in the rain tonight. As soon as I get it cleaned up I'll post some pictures.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by SterlingGrayV8; 2/15/12 at 11:36 PM.
Old 2/16/12, 03:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haven't been on in a few days; rear-ended by a drunken idiot on Saturday night that turned into a 2 against me fist fight. Had a buddy of mine step in to pull the sucker punching little guy off while I handled the 6'3 280ish dude. Going to pound town was fun until the pork hops showed up. The back bumper is gouged but will be buffed out when the weather is good. Dropped a couple of 12" subs into the trunk that sound great with the Kenwood DNX7180 head unit I got in December. Sadly they are older subs and can't handle the amps that are powering them so they sound ok but cut out when pushed too hard.. Better subs on the way soon!!! Hoping for better weather to go cruising soon.. :/
Old 2/18/12, 06:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Had some fun with a fellow 5.0 this afternoon on the freeway. Black, lowered, Rtr rims(I think), San Jose. Anyone on here match that description?
Old 2/18/12, 06:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
I took it to the local sto and bought some lotto tickets
Old 2/18/12, 06:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Got the lucky numbers ready sir?
Old 2/18/12, 09:09 AM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Originally Posted by Pete07GT
Haven't been on in a few days; rear-ended by a drunken idiot on Saturday night that turned into a 2 against me fist fight. Had a buddy of mine step in to pull the sucker punching little guy off while I handled the 6'3 280ish dude. Going to pound town was fun until the pork hops showed up. The back bumper is gouged but will be buffed out when the weather is good. Dropped a couple of 12" subs into the trunk that sound great with the Kenwood DNX7180 head unit I got in December. Sadly they are older subs and can't handle the amps that are powering them so they sound ok but cut out when pushed too hard.. Better subs on the way soon!!! Hoping for better weather to go cruising soon.. :/
**** Pete!

Mine has been sitting in the driveway so far...
Old 2/18/12, 10:07 AM

What did I do today with my Mustang? Picked it up from the garage I bought it from and enjoyed every minute of the 45 mile drive back home
Old 2/18/12, 11:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Got the lucky numbers ready sir?
I wish you the best of luck man
Old 2/18/12, 11:07 AM
V6 Member

Waxing

I waxed the hood (man, that's a big hood). I need to check and see if my window tinting bubble are going away. The dealer said they would disappear in 3 or 4 days when the moisture dried. I hope they because I don't want to go to the time or trouble of having them do it again.

Went 20% on everything except the front windshield. Left it clear.
Old 2/18/12, 01:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Started it for the first time in 3 months
Old 2/18/12, 01:58 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
**** Pete!
Yikes!
Old 2/18/12, 04:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

**** Pete!
Yeah, throw down in the middle of an intersection and out of me and 3 other buddies, I (the biggest of our group) was the one they went after. One of our crew ran to grab a cop who had someone pulled over down the street. Cop did a double take when he sees me taking on 2 people at the same time. Best part was when the five-oh rolled up, the two guys came within inches of hitting the cop car and had fled the scene of a hit and run, while drunk. DUI, driving without insurance, driving on a suspended license, and hit & run. The only thing the cop kept saying is that he had a huge report to write and it was going to be a very long night. In the end I felt kind of inspired, I think I want to try taking some MMA classes, getting that adrenaline and aggression out felt great. The cop sergeant wasn't too happy with my lack of excitement when he was trying to get a rise out of me though.
Old 2/18/12, 05:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah, throw down in the middle of an intersection and out of me and 3 other buddies, I (the biggest of our group) was the one they went after. One of our crew ran to grab a cop who had someone pulled over down the street. Cop did a double take when he sees me taking on 2 people at the same time. Best part was when the five-oh rolled up, the two guys came within inches of hitting the cop car and had fled the scene of a hit and run, while drunk. DUI, driving without insurance, driving on a suspended license, and hit & run. The only thing the cop kept saying is that he had a huge report to write and it was going to be a very long night. In the end I felt kind of inspired, I think I want to try taking some MMA classes, getting that adrenaline and aggression out felt great. The cop sergeant wasn't too happy with my lack of excitement when he was trying to get a rise out of me though.
wow I missed your earlier post glad your alright and I hope the other dudes woke up a little worse for wear.
Old 2/18/12, 05:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
wow I missed your earlier post glad your alright and I hope the other dudes woke up a little worse for wear.
Thanks Glenn, the whole ordeal over this was disrespect and I know had 2 guys gotten out of a car to confront a man and his woman in some states could have turned into a much much uglier situation. I just don't comprehend why people feel the need for hostility and have something to prove in this day and age. It's a scary world out there and the least we can do is keep an eye out for our fellow man. I guess I'm from the old school mentality?
Old 2/18/12, 05:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy crap Pete! Glad to hear your ok.
Old 2/18/12, 05:32 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Yikes!
Sorry
Old 2/18/12, 05:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hytek

Holy crap Pete! Glad to hear your ok.
Thanks for that.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?