Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/12, 01:57 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Erich,

It's true. Once you become accustomed to driving those speeds, and then ship back stateside, it's like that commercial where the cars are dragging a ship anchor behind them, but instead, it's a wagon-load of speed limit signs. I went through that in the early 90s when everything even here in Texas was still 55. That was pure torture. We used to hop in the car on a Friday before a long weekend and head on down to Garmisch and be there in a couple of hours, including pit-stop, and it was great to be able to move that distance in that short a time without going through a metal detector...LOL It's one of the reasons my wife, a German, doesn't want a GT, and is already annoyed with her new V6 car. Says she, in full accent: "It doesn't matter, who wants a car like that here?[USA] You can't really drive it anyway!!!" Then she begins a tirade about the poor drivers' training here, etc, and the clunkers on the roads, etc etc. Always the same. If I want to hear it again, I'll just show her your video...LOL
Old 6/10/12, 03:53 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MarkAmerica
Erich,

It's true. Once you become accustomed to driving those speeds, and then ship back stateside, it's like that commercial where the cars are dragging a ship anchor behind them, but instead, it's a wagon-load of speed limit signs. I went through that in the early 90s when everything even here in Texas was still 55. That was pure torture. We used to hop in the car on a Friday before a long weekend and head on down to Garmisch and be there in a couple of hours, including pit-stop, and it was great to be able to move that distance in that short a time without going through a metal detector...LOL It's one of the reasons my wife, a German, doesn't want a GT, and is already annoyed with her new V6 car. Says she, in full accent: "It doesn't matter, who wants a car like that here?[USA] You can't really drive it anyway!!!" Then she begins a tirade about the poor drivers' training here, etc, and the clunkers on the roads, etc etc. Always the same. If I want to hear it again, I'll just show her your video...LOL
Yeah, it's funny coming here from Hawaii too. Only one road on Oahu where the speed limit decent and it's pretty short. Rented a car in LA on the way over and forgot what it was like to have traffic doing 80+. Even though it will take a while to get used to the speed limits again don't think I'll ever get rid of my V8!
Old 6/10/12, 10:15 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Boss 1409
Yeah, it's funny coming here from Hawaii too. Only one road on Oahu where the speed limit decent and it's pretty short. Rented a car in LA on the way over and forgot what it was like to have traffic doing 80+. Even though it will take a while to get used to the speed limits again don't think I'll ever get rid of my V8!
I'm with you. I think secretly, my wife would love a GT, but after her years of going on about the ridiculously low highway speed limits here, and the uselessness of a performance car, her pride won't permit her to admit it. Prideful, stubborn, German woman? Nah, who'd believe that?
Old 6/10/12, 02:48 PM
INKY

Originally Posted by MarkAmerica

I'm with you. I think secretly, my wife would love a GT, but after her years of going on about the ridiculously low highway speed limits here, and the uselessness of a performance car, her pride won't permit her to admit it. Prideful, stubborn, German woman? Nah, who'd believe that?
Haha, I hear you! My Dad was born in Germany so I was exposed to how Germans are growing up.

Finally got my steering wheel controls working with the new HU today!
Old 6/11/12, 05:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey, whats this? Heads Up? or something else? Please, do tell.
Old 6/11/12, 05:39 AM
INKY

Originally Posted by max5ive0
Hey, whats this? Heads Up? or something else? Please, do tell.
New Head Unit. Had to replace the stock stereo, missed my iPod controls and bluetooth.
Old 6/11/12, 10:42 PM
les
GT Member

Killed a bird with it at 80
Old 6/13/12, 07:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Installed my new CAI. I know there's some conflicting opinions as to the quality of spectre products, but it looks sweet, and sounds sweet, and I got it for a great price. So I'm happy.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-image-2384546056.jpg  
Old 6/14/12, 02:54 AM
INKY

Drove her into work, realized she really could use a bath when the rain stops!
Old 6/14/12, 03:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weighed the prospects of trading her in for a 13' Taurus SHO. Have to be thinking 4 doors with a little one running around. But now that a plan has been put into motion to be debt-free in a semi-short period of time; driving a 14 mpg car too and from work 3 miles each way from home with an "affordable" payment instead of doubling the car payment for better MPG seems a lot more commonsense. Once the Mustang is paid off, a used SHO will most likely be more affordable and possibly able to paid for in cash at that time or maybe even a 2015 Mustang with Ecoboost or a more fuel efficient V8? :shrug:
Old 6/14/12, 07:47 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin509
Installed my new CAI. I know there's some conflicting opinions as to the quality of spectre products, but it looks sweet, and sounds sweet, and I got it for a great price. So I'm happy.
What's wrong with Spectre products? They not good? I haven't heard of them. How you liking the intake? I was debating getting one... but... if I did, I'd get the tune too. But I can't bring myself to void the warranty.

Originally Posted by Pete07GT
Weighed the prospects of trading her in for a 13' Taurus SHO. Have to be thinking 4 doors with a little one running around. But now that a plan has been put into motion to be debt-free in a semi-short period of time; driving a 14 mpg car too and from work 3 miles each way from home with an "affordable" payment instead of doubling the car payment for better MPG seems a lot more commonsense. Once the Mustang is paid off, a used SHO will most likely be more affordable and possibly able to paid for in cash at that time or maybe even a 2015 Mustang with Ecoboost or a more fuel efficient V8? :shrug:
Though the 13 SHO is a nice vehicle (buddy has a 12), I think keeping the Stang for now is a wise choice. But then again, sometimes life is too short you know? And you gotta live a little.

Speaking of living a little. Dude from my hometown won the power ball. WTF.

FML.

What I did today? Well, yesterday washed and detailed Marilyn for 1-1/2 hours. Then this morning at 5 am, got up since baby was crying. So after he was taken care of, went and applied Glossworkz Glaze on Marilyn...using PC, blue pad, medium pressure, speed 5. Then Blacklight after. Mmmmm...yummy.... Am ready for car show tonight at 5:30. I'm stoked.
Old 6/14/12, 10:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

What's wrong with Spectre products? They not good? I haven't heard of them. How you liking the intake? I was debating getting one... but... if I did, I'd get the tune too. But I can't bring myself to void the warranty.
Well, I think that most of the negative opinions of them comes from them Being the like autozone house brand. And therefore they must naturally be inferior to more expensive products.

Personally I'm very happy with it. The instructions left a little to be desired and a couple times I had to backtrack during the install but overall the fit of everything is good and I really like the way it looks and sounds. It's hard to tell If there's a power increase because it's easy to be fooled by sound. It certainly sounds faster. Haha. I'm using. A K&N filter with it if that matters.
Old 6/14/12, 02:26 PM
I Have No Life

headed home shortly to apply V7 over a cured Blacklight surface.... then off to a big car show! Will take pics.
Old 6/14/12, 02:31 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
headed home shortly to apply V7 over a cured Blacklight surface.... then off to a big car show! Will take pics.
It's too bad you don't live here man. You would definitely be on my payroll bro. Not many people that excited about detailing like you.
Old 6/14/12, 03:05 PM
INKY

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

It's too bad you don't live here man. You would definitely be on my payroll bro. Not many people that excited about detailing like you.
My friend here loves detailing, we will kick back drinking beer and working on the car for a few hours. Probably get Bettie's cleaned up in a couple weeks. He just got PRK on his eyes.
Old 6/14/12, 03:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Haha, I hear you! My Dad was born in Germany so I was exposed to how Germans are growing up.

What Head Unit did you get? Sounds interesting, I know I will have to do the stereo system when I get a Boss lol
Old 6/14/12, 03:23 PM
INKY

Originally Posted by ford20

What Head Unit did you get? Sounds interesting, I know I will have to do the stereo system when I get a Boss lol
Went with the Pioneer AVICX930BT. Have a thread on the install, but not sure how to link to it from the app and too lazy to go to the web, lol.
Old 6/14/12, 03:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Went with the Pioneer AVICX930BT. Have a thread on the install, but not sure how to link to it from the app and too lazy to go to the web, lol.
Hahaha Thats all i needed to know
Old 6/14/12, 03:31 PM
INKY

Originally Posted by ford20

Hahaha Thats all i needed to know
Really happy with it, even though I can't load European maps on it. Bluetooth works great with my phone a few options I can't use here like Pandora.
Old 6/15/12, 08:08 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Lol... yeah I used to do this more often...business on the side. If I had my way, I'd do this 24/7 as my main business. But alas, I have to put on my "engineer" hat for my everyday job lol. I used to do a lot more, but life, marriage, and kids caught up to me. I only do a select few nowadays.

For the record, I might detail this guys' pristine 65 Stang that's won multiple awards. Nice car, but swirls.

My friend here loves detailing, we will kick back drinking beer and working on the car for a few hours. Probably get Bettie's cleaned up in a couple weeks. He just got PRK on his eyes.
There's a difference between loving detailing and actually knowing what they're doing For example, out of the 100 or so cars at the show last night, I kid you not, only mine and my buddy's were the cars that were SWIRL FREE. EVERY single car out there, show car or not, had glaring spiderwebs, holograms, scratches, marring, etc.... looks good from afar, but upon close inspection, I cringe. And they ALL claim they "love detailing"....

just saying, there's a big diff

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?