General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Went from Stang GT to GTO......

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/05, 07:40 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The new GTO really is a nice car, I love the Interior. I think the main issue most people have is that it resembles the other models in Pontiac's lineup too much. Maybe if it were a little different, and more aggressive looking, it would be more popular, but I remember Bob Lutz stating that's not who they were going after, they were targeting more of the BMW crowd. More refined, and less muscle car. I think it may have worked better if they called it something else. Pontiac sent out mixed signals by calling it the GTO.

BTW, the new Charger is apparently doing quite well for D-C. If they make a 2 door model with 6.1L hemi...look out.

Put it this way, no matter what you like, its a great time to be a 'car guy' (or lady ). Enjoy what you have and have fun!
Old 5/24/05, 05:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mr-mstng@May 24, 2005, 8:43 AM
The new GTO really is a nice car, I love the Interior. I think the main issue most people have is that it resembles the other models in Pontiac's lineup too much. Maybe if it were a little different, and more aggressive looking, it would be more popular, but I remember Bob Lutz stating that's not who they were going after, they were targeting more of the BMW crowd. More refined, and less muscle car. I think it may have worked better if they called it something else. Pontiac sent out mixed signals by calling it the GTO.

BTW, the new Charger is apparently doing quite well for D-C. If they make a 2 door model with 6.1L hemi...look out.

Put it this way, no matter what you like, its a great time to be a 'car guy' (or lady ). Enjoy what you have and have fun!
Exactly. But personally I hate that Charger. Everything about it. Give me a GTO over it anyday.

The sad truth is, GM is in big trouble. They have missed the market with almost every new car. Wake up guys!

Soon, Ford, Chrysler, and GM will be foreign owned if they don't do something.
Old 5/28/05, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is ANYONE bashing a GTO ????

you all do know that a GTO will run circles around a GT right ? not to mention the interior of the car looks great (i do disslike the exterior, too plain).

Sorry, but no reason to bash a GOAT, those cars are awsome, All I can say is that I woudn't go next to one and rev up, You'll get embarassed.

Plus, It's an american car. If anything talk poo about an STI or an EVO. leave the big boy alone.

I say this because I was actually debating between a GTO and a mustang GT, and the only raeson why I chose the GT is because the GTO requires premium gas. (sorry but 25 cents more a gallon isn't a joke).

anyway, congrats to your buddy he made a great purchase.