General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/08, 05:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
Figured out how to post from work, fairly like... Opened up my macbook on the other part of my desk/cube and I'm now "coding" away from prying eyes....
muaahahahahaha
You're doomed now. Having access to TMS while at work will drain your bank account in no time flat!

Originally Posted by NYNY53
.. natter of fact I'm cooking up about 8 racks of baby back rib racks this week end on the ole Webber can't wait my mouth is watering as I type and as I drink this beer lol
8 racks?? You must be hungry!
Old 3/28/08, 05:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will you guys stop it with the Pink's talk.... I'm stuck here at work and you're making me hungry

That's just no fair

Oh Wait... I get to go to Famous Dave's BBQ....

Were going to crash your party Brian! Let the food wars begin! Phil what time should we be over? I know I make some killer ribs also so I've been told I may have to swing by Costco and join the battle! Bobby Flay look out there's a new rib in town and it's SUPERCHARGED!

Jed

Old 3/28/08, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Bobby Flay look out there's a new rib in town and it's SUPERCHARGED!

Jed

Nice rack Jed!

Old 3/28/08, 06:06 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
this bbq pics are making my mouth water, it'll have to wait until next week when I have a whole pig bbq

what's the tread pattern on the triple nickels look like Brian? I dont recall those, but for me, when I'm going to go ahead and spend almost 2k on tires, I'd get some that I like the looks of a little better, especially for $100 more. It's not like you havent spend >100 on appearence mods before. But with your burnout king status, it may be good to get the 555's.
Old 3/28/08, 07:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
George, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's one bowtie emblem anywhere on the Vette. I don't see the Vette as a Chevy, it's a radical departure from the rest of their car line... it's their flagship performance car.
It's the same way in that I don't consider a mustang a FORD

Ford vehicles are typically poo, but the F-series and the mustangs are different.
Old 3/28/08, 08:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
what's the tread pattern on the triple nickels look like Brian? I dont recall those, but for me, when I'm going to go ahead and spend almost 2k on tires, I'd get some that I like the looks of a little better, especially for $100 more. It's not like you havent spend >100 on appearence mods before. But with your burnout king status, it may be good to get the 555's.
I think they look good, personally.

I like the tread pattern on the KDWs, but I didn't have any reason NOT to get the Nittos. They were cheaper and I think are pretty even in terms of performance. I didn't want extra road noise and I still really liked the 555s.
Old 3/28/08, 09:21 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by NYNY53
Oh man Brian thats looks so yummy, I really, really like ribs, natter of fact I'm cooking up about 8 racks of baby back rib racks this week end on the ole Webber can't wait my mouth is watering as I type and as I drink this beer lol
The snow that fell on my grill today is almost cleared off.
Old 3/28/08, 09:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Somewhat off topic of ribs and fine tires...

I got promoted today I'm now the new assistant store manager at Sears in a city just south of where I work now. I work at a B level store, fairly small and old. I am now in charge of a A level store which is bassically brand new and could easily fit my current store in its stock rooms haha.

I'm feeling some new mods to celebrate when those new paychecks come in! Deff some shock/struts soon.

In 2 years I went from salesmen(18yrs old) then promoted to hardlines lead(19yrs old), to assistant store manager just 4/5 months after being coming a lead and just turning 20! I'm setting some new records for the company, haha
Old 3/28/08, 10:11 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Oh that's what the 555's look like, I have seen them before, I apologize. Those look great

Congrats Jon, looks like your current mods need to get done first though
Old 3/28/08, 10:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Were going to crash your party Brian! Let the food wars begin! Phil what time should we be over? I know I make some killer ribs also so I've been told I may have to swing by Costco and join the battle! Bobby Flay look out there's a new rib in town and it's SUPERCHARGED!

Jed
Come on down !!!!.... even though we've already have gone and come back. I am friggin stuffed. Oh man, you're gonna hafta paint a stripe on me to tell if I'm walking or rolling....
Good god.
Nice rack Jed!

Jed, you have an admirer.... has flowers shown up at your work unannounced lately...

Hope you had a great time at Pinks. I kicked it down in the LBC
Originally Posted by kh765
I think they look good, personally.

I like the tread pattern on the KDWs, but I didn't have any reason NOT to get the Nittos. They were cheaper and I think are pretty even in terms of performance. I didn't want extra road noise and I still really liked the 555s.

NICE.
I got another quote, I might have mentioned that today, and I'm going to take it back to the first guy and see if I can get the KDWs for the Nitto price since the second guy(discount tire) is cheaper for the Nittos. Really all I want is some thing that will hook much better than the stock tire.... I'm going to need it May still stick with the Nittos because of the lower cost though. I dunno which is the better tire. I do know that I'm probably at some point going to get a smaller rim and bigger DR for playtime.

Originally Posted by JonCo
Somewhat off topic of ribs and fine tires...

I got promoted today I'm now the new assistant store manager at Sears in a city just south of where I work now. I work at a B level store, fairly small and old. I am now in charge of a A level store which is bassically brand new and could easily fit my current store in its stock rooms haha.

I'm feeling some new mods to celebrate when those new paychecks come in! Deff some shock/struts soon.

In 2 years I went from salesmen(18yrs old) then promoted to hardlines lead(19yrs old), to assistant store manager just 4/5 months after being coming a lead and just turning 20! I'm setting some new records for the company, haha
CONGRATULATIONS Jon That is great news. Once you get into management it's where the experience can be taken to any retail store and just about anywhere else.... So are you who we call for the hook up on Craftsman tools
Old 3/28/08, 10:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
That's awesome Jon. Like Brian said, I know where I'm going for tools.
Old 3/28/08, 10:57 PM
Cobra R Member

NICE.
I got another quote, I might have mentioned that today, and I'm going to take it back to the first guy and see if I can get the KDWs for the Nitto price since the second guy(discount tire) is cheaper for the Nittos. Really all I want is some thing that will hook much better than the stock tire.... I'm going to need it May still stick with the Nittos because of the lower cost though. I dunno which is the better tire. I do know that I'm probably at some point going to get a smaller rim and bigger DR for playtime.
Thanks, I really don't know which is the better tire. I wasn't going to spend the extra $$ to get KDWs. I really haven't played around on these that much because I actually want them to last. I do know for a fact they are better than the stockers. They would let loose in just about any condition. Watch out for wet traction with the 555s (not that that's an issue where you are ). I punched it on an entrance ramp the 2nd day I got mine and spun the back around something terrible.
Old 3/28/08, 11:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ray-I'll be there.

Testicular Cancer Survior 6 years

Jed

Probably not something one would joke about but I have to ask anyways. Really?

Installed mirrors and IPod adapter today. Both installs went smoothly. The first mirror took about 30minutes but I knocked the second one out in about 10-15. Ipod adapter install was cake once I got some t-taps.

Brain-So far so good this ipod adapter seems like the real deal. You can control from factory radio and or the ipod itself.

I'll try and post some pics tomorrow.

FYI-Brain both tires have the same treadwear of 300 so in theory they should hook the same. With that said it seems like you really like the tread pattern of the KDW's so go with your heart.
Old 3/29/08, 12:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for everybody's support!

Doesn't matter what day the sevice fell on, I'll be there.
Originally Posted by superfly s197
Ray - Of course I'm going to be there.
Come rain or shine, I'll be there Ray.
Originally Posted by USMC0341
Ray..Jasmin and I will be there.
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Ray-I'll be there.

You guys are awesome!!!
Old 3/29/08, 01:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Alright, one of the coolest cars ever is the 64-1/2 Galaxie, especially the 427 or 427 SOHC Galixies or the old A/FX cars (before there were funny cars) To.Die.For. Anyway how does a kick *** car become even cooler still ??

Add a 1000HP Rocket engine to it and strap it to the rear axle. That's how. There is a new level of WANT that I've never felt before. Bill, George and Jed you can have your vette, This is my level of insanity. I need to be alone now

(but I don't think I'd ever want to try to turn or stop in this thing though)

http://jalopnik.com/373531/for-sale-...rd-galaxie-500

Last edited by habu; 3/29/08 at 01:17 AM.
Old 3/29/08, 01:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

You guys need a cold shower!

Alright, one of the coolest cars ever is the 64-1/2 Galaxie, especially the 427 or 427 SOHC Galixies or the old A/FX cars (before there were funny cars) To.Die.For. Anyway how does a kick *** car become even cooler still ??

Add a 1000HP Rocket engine to it and strap it to the rear axle. That's how. There is a new level of WANT that I've never felt before. Bill, George and Jed you can have your vette, This is my level of insanity. I need to be alone now

(but I don't think I'd ever want to try to turn or stop in this thing though)

http://jalopnik.com/373531/for-sale-...rd-galaxie-500

Old 3/29/08, 01:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Thanks for everybody's support!

You guys are awesome!!!

Hey Ray is this a "hoods up event" are we going to have a line up? TMS group deserves special parking 7 Stangs!

Jed
Old 3/29/08, 01:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Ray is this a "hoods up event" are we going to have a line up? TMS group deserves special parking 7 Stangs!

Jed
We'll see. It might have great photo opportunities.

Only from the mouth of Jed! But bring your camera.

Last edited by Ray Man; 3/29/08 at 02:05 AM.
Old 3/29/08, 02:05 AM

Jon: Congrats on the promotion!

Leo: Glad your iPod thingie worked as advertised!

Hope you had a great time at Pinks. I kicked it down in the LBC
It was a blast tonight! Ate too much food..

George: Special message to Darton at the end..

The ride up

Only we know the meaning of this pic!

1st stop.. Amoeba Music!

Next.. Pink's Hollywood!

... for Darton, from Kai
Old 3/29/08, 02:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Man... Jed changes avatars more than Luis adds mods!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)