General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/07 | 11:45 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
1650? Your car is all used up; time to trade her in!
Yep thats a bit more then 400 miles per month for a daily driver, yikes I'm out of control here Trade in...............no I like the hand I'm dealt
Old 9/8/07 | 01:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Brian, I hope your car doesn't look like this when it's done.

(Jed made me do it )

Now that is very funny.

I like the hands ones too...

So I'm obviously busy but here are a coupla teaser pics, I only hope the look as good as the one above....

Plan is to get the hood, roof rear deck and trunk/spolier done. Bumpers tomorrow.

Oh and Ray

Old 9/8/07 | 01:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
Now that is very funny.

I like the hands ones too...

So I'm obviously busy but here are a coupla teaser pics, I only hope the look as good as the one above....

Looking Great Bro!! looking forward to seeing the finished product!
Old 9/8/07 | 02:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Now that is very funny.

Plan is to get the hood, roof rear deck and trunk/spolier done. Bumpers tomorrow.

Oh and Ray

Ow...!

Brian, it's looking terrific! But it's nothing like the chop you asked me to do. Can't wait to see it all done!

When does the shaker go on?!
Old 9/8/07 | 09:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ow...!

Brian, it's looking terrific! But it's nothing like the chop you asked me to do. Can't wait to see it all done!

When does the shaker go on?!
Yeah, but I asked to chop Taco's Stripes.....

So I am very frustrated now....

I got as far as the roof done and the stripes around the emblem/gas cap done. I cannot get the stripe on the driver side to go over & line up over the spoiler and 3rd brake light. If I maintain the proper gap at the bottom of the stripe the part over the spoiler is waaaay off and so is the light. It seems as if the stripe isn't cut right. I tried for hours to get this one part right and I couldn't.

I'm thinking that I'll do the rest of the front and get it done, maybe do the bumper then try the deck lid spoiler next.

Fark.
Old 9/8/07 | 11:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

It's coming along!

Brain from what I've seen it looks like a whole new car! Those stripes add that peformance look. Whittier police look out! Sorry about some of the pain your going through in the end its going to turn out great! You know what this means a whole new photo shoot!

Bill2
Old 9/8/07 | 11:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Love it Brian...hope it turns out like the way you want.
Old 9/8/07 | 11:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey thanks for the encouragement. It's funny you mention that it looks like a whole new car.... I was trying to get the trunk/spoiler piece on and mom came by to talk to dad in the garage and I could hear her say that it looks like a different car already !!!!

Funnier yet, it does !

I'll get it, even if I'm not sure how. By hook or by crook it'll get done. Maybe heat will solve the problem. I dunno. I just hope I get it done this week end. If not there is next weekend to finish off. Even if it's one piece at a time.
Old 9/9/07 | 01:48 AM

Thanks guys.
I'll have to drop in on that thread.

So I am very frustrated now....

I got as far as the roof done and the stripes around the emblem/gas cap done. I cannot get the stripe on the driver side to go over & line up over the spoiler and 3rd brake light. If I maintain the proper gap at the bottom of the stripe the part over the spoiler is waaaay off and so is the light. It seems as if the stripe isn't cut right. I tried for hours to get this one part right and I couldn't.
I hope the small piece that goes around the rear emblem isn't permanently down. Reason being, the top deck lid/3rd brake light piece and the emblem piece must be both floated in at the same time. The emblem piece must be floated in such a position that it barely goes under the emblem (not showing any Vista Blue) and allow it for a 'best fit' to the decklid stripe.
I know of that mismatch you speak of. You'll just have to position it best you can around the 3rd light and best gap match it to the emblem piece. Once done, get a small straight edge and a sharp Exacto blade, and trim that mismatch step away. Makes sense?

If your ducktail has a compound surface to it, a blowdryer will be a must.

Remember to let the vinyl 'tack up' before folding it under, over, or conform to any sharp radius. Otherwise, an air gap crease WILL form.
Old 9/9/07 | 01:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

A phrase I live by when things get rough...

Maybe you heard this one:

"There's never enough time to do it right, but always enought time to do it over again"

I think of this phrase when I'm rushing something. So do as you are by taking your time. Don't worry the QM show is not for a while!

Off Topic

Charlie and I went out to GTR Performance in Rancho Cucamunga. Man has this town has changed! It's nice enough to live there now! I met Gonzalo Topete one of the founders of GTR nice guy and a straight shooter. They look like a great outfit, not exactly close to Torrance but I would travel out here for their quality work. If fact they are going to install my JBA Shorty Headers, and some suspension parts. Below are a few picts of the shop. I didn't shoot where the Stang are being worked on for privacy reasons. Trust me there are at least 25 cars in the shop being serviced. Also coming up is an open house I plan to go.

Bill2

Old 9/9/07 | 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I've been looking for this dual oil filter system below.
Not for your Roush IMO.
This dual filter setup looks better in old cars.
Old 9/9/07 | 02:02 AM

Charlie and I went out to GTR Performance in Rancho Cucamunga. ...If fact they are going to install my JBA Shorty Headers, and some suspension parts.
What? Don't want to spend at least 10 hours on your back installing a set of shorties?
j/k Bill, I read over and over again that they're a royal PITA to install.

Looking at the sign on the wall, looks like a great deal for 3 dyno pulls with A/F readings for only $70. Should've had yours baselined since you were there.
Old 9/9/07 | 02:10 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
What? Don't want to spend at least 10 hours on your back installing a set of shorties?
j/k Bill, I read over and over again that they're a royal PITA to install.

Looking at the sign on the wall, looks like a great deal for 3 dyno pulls with A/F readings for only $70. Should've had yours baselined since you were there.

I would if I had an 6 foot lift! This one's no fun so tax money is going to fuel this install! I'll do the dyno thing when I bring the Roush, I drove the Highlander today You can see it on the left...

Old 9/9/07 | 09:15 AM

I'll do the dyno thing when I bring the Roush, I drove the Highlander today You can see it on the left...
Hey Bill, you should have dyno'd the Highlander!
Old 9/9/07 | 10:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Not your Papa's Oldsmobile

While we were out in RC we went to the Apple store (Danger Danger!). I was able to walk out of there and not purchase anything that was will power! Anyway we watched this video on YouTube on a Grand National check it out. Remember this car is a 6 banger but it's a performer with the best of them... (the music by Judas Priest is a nice touch I'm going to have to use it in a Stang vid Rayman we have a new tune!). Maybe use it when the Higlander get on the dyno!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VneQFkT2WPQ

Old 9/9/07 | 01:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Jed, I found a new mod for your car!

Old 9/9/07 | 01:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Nice to know I am a victim too!

Hey Jed, I found a new mod for your car!

I knew it was coming! first Habu now me! Hey this actually looks killer! Jack Roush might steal this idea Ray you should patend it!

NOT!

Just for that Ray you get the to wear the...

Badge!
Old 9/9/07 | 01:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just for that Ray you get the to wear the...

Badge!
Haha, lol

Use this next time...

Old 9/9/07 | 02:37 PM
GTR Member

You guys ever hear of thumbnails??
Old 9/9/07 | 03:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Packers are undeafeated.

Did you watch the game Daryl? It was a nailbiter. Thank god for the crappy Special teams play by the Eagles.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)