General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/07, 01:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Me too... like getting screwed by the $200 price drop on my iPhone.
Disregard that. Steve Jobs is making things right.

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/
Old 9/6/07, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by habu
you need to visit this page...

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

We're on the same page, Brian!
Old 9/6/07, 02:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disregard that. Steve Jobs is making things right
Apple is not making it right, they are only supplying lubrication after the damage has been done.

Xbox 360 on a HD TV kicks major ***. I'm sure the PS3 is just as good. Halo3 is out at the end of the month, so I guess I better get busy practicing up on my Halo skills (as bad as they may be).
Old 9/6/07, 05:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Brian-I can't believe your going to pass on getting a chance to whoop on "badassgt". You can detail the car Saturday.

Bill2-Hope to see you down here as well.

Unless of course your both chicken.
Old 9/6/07, 05:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Apple is not making it right, they are only supplying lubrication after the damage has been done.

Xbox 360 on a HD TV kicks major ***. I'm sure the PS3 is just as good. Halo3 is out at the end of the month, so I guess I better get busy practicing up on my Halo skills (as bad as they may be).
I agree with Daryl, its nice Apple is providing an opportunity to make things right but in my book giving a $100 store gift certificate that forces you to spend possibly more money in their store.

Apple should have just mailed you a check for $200 and thanked you for being an early adopter of their technology.

But hey thats just my opinion which is worth nothing lol
Old 9/6/07, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Brian-I can't believe your going to pass on getting a chance to whoop on "badassgt". You can detail the car Saturday.

Bill2-Hope to see you down here as well.

Unless of course your both chicken.
You mean unless all THREE of us chicken out.

I see now, it's a contest of who can whoop on the Taco ehh??

Originally Posted by philster2003
I agree with Daryl, its nice Apple is providing an opportunity to make things right but in my book giving a $100 store gift certificate that forces you to spend possibly more money in their store.
I wish they would mail out a $200 check, but hey, it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

And you're right, once I get the $100 store credit, I already have my eye on the Apple Bluetooth headset ($130! ).
Old 9/6/07, 06:21 PM
Cobra Member

And you're right, once I get the $100 store credit, I already have my eye on the Apple Bluetooth headset ($130! ).
Here lil fisheeee the hook is right here all baited and ready to go, it won't hurt a bit once you bite down
Old 9/6/07, 06:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by philster2003

Apple should have just mailed you a check for $200 and thanked you for being an early adopter of their technology.

But hey thats just my opinion which is worth nothing lol
Old 9/6/07, 06:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You mean unless all THREE of us chicken out.

I see now, it's a contest of who can whoop on the Taco ehh??

I wish they would mail out a $200 check, but hey, it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

I'm not chickening out... I just don't think there is much of a chance for me to whoop anyone. Between the four of us I'll have the least amount of performance stuff done to my car (unless the KB still isn't on Bill2's car).
Anyway, I kinda agreed to help out with the Queen Mary show and before looking at the calendar. I know I'm gonna be there probably all-day Saturday and Sunday. That leaves Thurs/Fri for the detail. Still I'll double check to see if I'm really needed if not I'll be down.

On the apple thing....... Everyone knew it was overpriced going in. All cell-phones are. Dad's RAZR was 199 and a couple months later it was 50 or 99 bucks and now they're dam near free. Two months in is a little tough to take though. At least they're doing something.

Of course I'm more sympathetic 'cause now it's in my price range once my 2yr contract is up.
Old 9/6/07, 06:35 PM
Cobra Member

[vent on]

Well, I just wasted a whole lot of time. I decided that my graphics card needs updating so just spent the last 4 hours trying to decide which one to get. My main goal was to keep the cost under $150 and to try to get a card that won't be outdated before I receive it. I swear you need a collage degree in graphics cards to figure this out. Nobody uses the same bench marks and even worse, they don’t even use the same benchmarks from month to month in the same test guide! WTF! Why are graphics card so hard to figure out and motherboards, processors and anything else in the computer is way simpler?

I think I’ll go buy me some whiskey and forget this ever happened!

[Vent off]
Old 9/6/07, 07:07 PM
Cobra Member

Say Phil, I am heading to the Coke plant on Bissonet to do an audit this weekend. Are you gonna be around on either Friday night or Saturday night?
I do have to visit my daughter-in-law and spoil my grandbaby but I can maybe squeeze you in...
Old 9/6/07, 07:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by pville piper
Well, I just wasted a whole lot of time. I decided that my graphics card needs updating so just spent the last 4 hours trying to decide which one to get. My main goal was to keep the cost under $150 and to try to get a card that won't be outdated before I receive it. I swear you need a collage degree in graphics cards to figure this out. Nobody uses the same bench marks and even worse, they don’t even use the same benchmarks from month to month in the same test guide! WTF! Why are graphics card so hard to figure out and motherboards, processors and anything else in the computer is way simpler?

I think I’ll go buy me some whiskey and forget this ever happened!

[Vent off]
My rule of thumb was to look at the most expensive ones and then pick the next reasonable bunch that are cheaper. Always found myself getting either a Nvidia or ATI card. Always a bit more memory and a bit better performance, but I could never guarantee that it was actually testably better... it 'felt' better, seat of the keyboard type better.
Old 9/6/07, 07:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Steve Jobs has a message for you!

To all iPhone customers:

I have received hundreds of emails from iPhone customers who are upset about Apple dropping the price of iPhone by $200 two months after it went on sale. After reading every one of these emails, I have some observations and conclusions.
First, I am sure that we are making the correct decision to lower the price of the 8GB iPhone from $599 to $399, and that now is the right time to do it. iPhone is a breakthrough product, and we have the chance to 'go for it' this holiday season. iPhone is so far ahead of the competition, and now it will be affordable by even more customers. It benefits both Apple and every iPhone user to get as many new customers as possible in the iPhone 'tent'. We strongly believe the $399 price will help us do just that this holiday season.
Second, being in technology for 30+ years I can attest to the fact that the technology road is bumpy. There is always change and improvement, and there is always someone who bought a product before a particular cutoff date and misses the new price or the new operating system or the new whatever. This is life in the technology lane. If you always wait for the next price cut or to buy the new improved model, you'll never buy any technology product because there is always something better and less expensive on the horizon. The good news is that if you buy products from companies that support them well, like Apple tries to do, you will receive years of useful and satisfying service from them even as newer models are introduced.
Third, even though we are making the right decision to lower the price of iPhone, and even though the technology road is bumpy, we need to do a better job taking care of our early iPhone customers as we aggressively go after new ones with a lower price. Our early customers trusted us, and we must live up to that trust with our actions in moments like these.
Therefore, we have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit towards the purchase of any product at an Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store. Details are still being worked out and will be posted on Apple's website next week. Stay tuned.
We want to do the right thing for our valued iPhone customers. We apologize for disappointing some of you, and we are doing our best to live up to your high expectations of Apple.
Steve Jobs
Apple CEO

Old 9/6/07, 08:22 PM
Cobra Member

Say Phil, I am heading to the Coke plant on Bissonet to do an audit this weekend. Are you gonna be around on either Friday night or Saturday night?
I do have to visit my daughter-in-law and spoil my grandbaby but I can maybe squeeze you in...
Saturday night is clear for me, let me know and maybe we can actually meet up in person.

Thanks John
Old 9/6/07, 08:23 PM
Cobra Member

Guilty as charged lol
Old 9/6/07, 09:08 PM

... I am heading to the Coke plant on Bissonet to do an audit this weekend.
John's headed to a coke plant??
I thought they were all in Columbia?

Originally Posted by JedCranium

You're all heart Bill! Thanks for the Mr.T backup!
Old 9/6/07, 09:26 PM
Cobra Member

don't let it get around! Nobody is suposed to know!
Old 9/6/07, 09:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I couldn't help it the devil made me say that!

You're all heart Bill! Thanks for the Mr.T backup!
Hey you know I'm a Mac man! Their products kick booty! I'm about to buy a new Mac as a matter of fact. At least you get a $100 bones back!

Not sure if I should get a tower or the 24 inch iMac that thing is sweet. I played with one today at MacMall in Torrance. Before I left that place I made sure that I updated the desktop picture to the ROUSH!

Bill2
Old 9/6/07, 09:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by habu
My rule of thumb was to look at the most expensive ones and then pick the next reasonable bunch that are cheaper. Always found myself getting either a Nvidia or ATI card. Always a bit more memory and a bit better performance, but I could never guarantee that it was actually testably better... it 'felt' better, seat of the keyboard type better.
Hi Habu!

Yes PC's can be a pain in the butt. I have most of the parts to build another gamer just don't have the time just yet. With all this talk about video cards your gettin me all excited again! Did you get up and running on BF2? We need to go to war!

Bill2
Old 9/6/07, 09:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Before I left that place I made sure that I updated the desktop picture to the ROUSH!

Bill2
That's hilarious!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)