General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/07, 09:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Very interesting... I think you're right, Tom.
Your probably right Tom but since I've already been to the track without the swaybar I doubt the extra 11lb from the GMS bar made any difference. If anything it was maybe a few 100ths.
Old 7/21/07, 09:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Or maybe an electric H2O water pump?
OK Bill you lost me on this one............
Old 7/21/07, 09:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by philster2003
OK Bill you lost me on this one............
an electric water pump should give you about the same pickup in HP as UDP by eliminating parasitic waste of the stock water pump.

Tom I'll eliminate my front sway bar when you go back to a cat-less H
Old 7/21/07, 09:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
an electric water pump should give you about the same pickup in HP as UDP by eliminating parasitic waste of the stock water pump.
It is not worth it unless you are building just a drag car.
Old 7/21/07, 10:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by karman
Yep. I'm not going to do it anytime soon. I'd do headers or DS first.
Old 7/21/07, 11:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Tom I'll eliminate my front sway bar when you go back to a cat-less H
I guess Brian will be keeping his sways.

Agreed. As one guy put it..

On a drag car would I run one? Absolutely. On a weekend warrior street car? Absolutely. On a daily driver with lots of mileage? Hesitant.

Yep. I'm not going to do it anytime soon. I'd do headers or DS first.
DS all the way, it's emission legal. You're in for a doosey if you think swapping shorties or LT's every 2 years will be cake.
Old 7/22/07, 06:20 AM
Cobra Member

DS all the way, it's emission legal. You're in for a doosey if you think swapping shorties or LT's every 2 years will be cake.
It's either that or we need to get the name of his dealer so we can get some of that crack he's smokin.
Old 7/22/07, 11:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by pville piper
It's either that or we need to get the name of his dealer so we can get some of that crack he's smokin.
me?? on crack ?. Just don't call me Tyrone, too many memories. Still have nightmares about bugs crawling all over me and being itchy, is that a bad thing ?

some shorties are smog legal. Check out the FRPP "drag pack" they advertise the legalness. LTs as much as I love to the remove and reinstall every two years completely stops me from doing it.

what is it with this car... 500-600 bucks here, 700 bucks there. Is there anything at all that is reasonably priced for this thing ? Or will the prices drop once the '10 comes out ?
Old 7/22/07, 12:03 PM
Cobra Member

what is it with this car... 500-600 bucks here, 700 bucks there. Is there anything at all that is reasonably priced for this thing ? Or will the prices drop once the '10 comes out ?
I hear ya Brian, just spend all my time saving money for mods. Money for Mods MFM
Old 7/22/07, 12:24 PM

some shorties are smog legal. Check out the FRPP "drag pack" they advertise the legalness.

Brian, as far as I know, there's only one company that sells CARB legal shorties, and that's JBA. I understand what you're saying on the FRPP drag pack, and I have no idea how they're passing that off as 50 State Legal. Maybe as a 'pack' they obtained some CARB approval, but components by itself are NOT emission legal.

And from what I read in the Forums, removing and replacing shorties are a major PITA for only 5 hp (and that's pushing it). As ugly as our exhaust manifolds are, going the shorty route is NOT justified by the cost and installation (especially R&R every 2 ). Bedsides the ugliness of the stockers, I hear they actually flow pretty well. I think there are some 10 second S197's still using the stock manifolds!

Yeah, expect to pay out the ying yang until the next gen Mustang comes out. That's a given, just take a look at the SN95 mod prices.
Old 7/22/07, 01:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Brian, as far as I know, there's only one company that sells CARB legal shorties, and that's JBA. I understand what you're saying on the FRPP drag pack, and I have no idea how they're passing that off as 50 State Legal. Maybe as a 'pack' they obtained some CARB approval, but components by itself are NOT emission legal.

And from what I read in the Forums, removing and replacing shorties are a major PITA for only 5 hp (and that's pushing it). As ugly as our exhaust manifolds are, going the shorty route is NOT justified by the cost and installation (especially R&R every 2 ). Bedsides the ugliness of the stockers, I hear they actually flow pretty well. I think there are some 10 second S197's still using the stock manifolds!

Yeah, expect to pay out the ying yang until the next gen Mustang comes out. That's a given, just take a look at the SN95 mod prices.
What someone needs to do is make a ceramic coated stock manifold !!!

Oh well. It's certainly towards the bottom of my list of to-dos. MGW, 4.10s, LCA/UCA, Driveshaft and FRPP Sway bars (for Tom and Leo ) all come first.
Old 7/22/07, 01:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

So onto car care... Looking under the hood and where the hood meets the fenders and somewhat on the hood I've got some terrible water spots. I've tried quick detail and it kinda works but not completely. Whats the thing to use or what does everyone else do to prevent them in the first place ?? Since it's a DD I probably wash it 100x more than Bill washes his so Bill, you probably don't even have this problem in the first place.
Old 7/22/07, 02:00 PM

So onto car care... Looking under the hood and where the hood meets the fenders and somewhat on the hood I've got some terrible water spots.
I used to use a product called Ducky's Water Spot Remover on my SeaDoo, it worked great!

http://www.duckyproducts.com/

Maybe some pre-wax cleaner will remove them. Hard water stains can be a PITA to completely remove.

Prevention is to wipe clean those areas after you wash the car. Of course this advise is too late for the spots now, but may prevent future stains.
Old 7/22/07, 06:24 PM
Cobra Member

I used to use a product called Ducky's Water Spot Remover on my SeaDoo, it worked great!

http://www.duckyproducts.com/

Maybe some pre-wax cleaner will remove them. Hard water stains can be a PITA to completely remove.

Prevention is to wipe clean those areas after you wash the car. Of course this advise is too late for the spots now, but may prevent future stains.
Bill whats that stuff yo can spray in the engine bay to shine it up without to much trouble and effort and it ges into those hard to reach areas?

I can't remember and I can't find a book mark for it grrrrrrr

Thanks Bill
Old 7/22/07, 06:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Bill whats that stuff yo can spray in the engine bay to shine it up without to much trouble and effort and it ges into those hard to reach areas?

I can't remember and I can't find a book mark for it grrrrrrr

Thanks Bill
is it "in & out spray" by adam's polishes ??

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-58-in-out-spray.aspx
Old 7/22/07, 07:10 PM
Cobra Member

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-58-in-out-spray.aspx
Thanks much Brian!

Hey Brian, did you get the caliper decals installed yet?
Old 7/22/07, 07:35 PM
Cobra Member

me?? on crack ?. Just don't call me Tyrone, too many memories. Still have nightmares about bugs crawling all over me and being itchy, is that a bad thing ?
Well, I see that you have replaced one addiction with another. The only bad thing is they don't have a 12 step program for stang owners!

I can see it now... "My name is John and I'm a stang-a-holic... Last night I visited the forums 10 times and 50 foot of rubber in front of the Chrysler dealership... Brothers... I need your help!"

Old 7/22/07, 08:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Well, I see that you have replaced one addiction with another. The only bad thing is they don't have a 12 step program for stang owners!

I can see it now... "My name is John and I'm a stang-a-holic... Last night I visited the forums 10 times and 50 foot of rubber in front of the Chrysler dealership... Brothers... I need your help!"

Wait...
I did that, only it was 10 feet of 2nd gear rubber and there is nothing wrong with me.
Oh wait...
Uh Oh...
Old 7/22/07, 08:50 PM

Hold on now...
I only used the Adam spray on my Shaker scoop and front grille, haven't sprayed it on anything else.

On all my plastic and rubber stuff in the engine bay, I use the Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss .

I will be doing my engine bay tomorrow after work. I'll take a pic after I'm done detailing it for you to see.
Old 7/22/07, 08:51 PM

Last night I visited the forums 10 times and 50 foot of rubber in front of the Chrysler dealership... Brothers... I need your help!"
Wait...
I did that, only it was 10 feet of 2nd gear rubber and there is nothing wrong with me.
I'm shocked! I would never drive my Mustang like that!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)