General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/07, 04:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Hello. Where is everybody? Chris Benoit didn't visit any of you I hope.
No... I just have spent 2 days at work getting my new computer up and running. What a pain getting all my programs installed and the settings transferred to the new ride. I'm glad I have to do this every 3 years or so.
Old 6/26/07, 05:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Hello. Where is everybody? Chris Benoit didn't visit any of you I hope.
Haha...ouch.

I've been watching my buddies install a carbon fiber roof on an e46 BMW. They are pretty nuts for doing it, but they actually got the roof on today. Pretty crazy if you ask me. They literally peeled the old roof off of the car. I'll try to post a link with some pictures soon.
Old 6/26/07, 05:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
If any of you guys know the answer to my post on how the DVD get's wired to the e-brake and taillights, please chime in.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...271#post949271

These are the 2 wires I'm not looking forward to hooking up. But if I don't, the DVD function may not work at all! That would mean no GGW DVD's.
Old 6/26/07, 05:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
If any of you guys know the answer to my post on how the DVD get's wired to the e-brake and taillights, please chime in.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...271#post949271

These are the 2 wires I'm not looking forward to hooking up. But if I don't, the DVD function may not work at all! That would mean no GGW DVD's.
Trust me, I'm the last guy to ask for electronical/wiring issues. The mess of wires in the kit supplied would be a 100% effective way to keep me away from that project !!! So to answer your question ... i dunno
Old 6/26/07, 06:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Here's a link to the thread containing pics of the carbon fiber roof install I've been keeping busy with the last couple days.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=483306&page=2
Old 6/26/07, 07:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kh765
Here's a link to the thread containing pics of the carbon fiber roof install I've been keeping busy with the last couple days.
So what's the point? Do they want the most riced out bimmer in the world? I can't believe that they would be doing it for a weight savings.
Old 6/26/07, 08:33 PM

So which one is you, Kyle?

So this is life outside of the Domestic scene, heh?
Old 6/26/07, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by pville piper
So what's the point? Do they want the most riced out bimmer in the world? I can't believe that they would be doing it for a weight savings.

For the record it's not my car, but I'm the one you see in the pictures working. The point of installing the carbon fiber roof is to remove ~60lbs from the highest point of the car which in turn will lower the center of gravity of the car quite a bit. The owner also has several other weight reduction mods done to his car so this isn't just about have exposed CF.

Also the roof we installed is an OEM BMW part off of the M3 CSL (coupe sport lightweight) which is only sold in Europe and this is more than likely the only 325ci in the US to have this roof since the only way of ordering this part is by ordering directly from Germany w/ a CSL vin number.
Old 6/26/07, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by jeremysmith1967
Also the roof we installed is an OEM BMW part off of the M3 CSL (coupe sport lightweight) which is only sold in Europe and this is more than likely the only 325ci in the US to have this roof since the only way of ordering this part is by ordering directly from Germany w/ a CSL vin number.
Who knew?

All I know is that it took more ***** to cut and peel that roof off than me cutting a hole in my hood.

Nice 67 btw.
Old 6/26/07, 11:06 PM
Cobra R Member

So which one is you, Kyle?

So this is life outside of the Domestic scene, heh?
I try to stay away from pictures. I think I might have been taking that picture actually.

It's a scary world outside of the domestics. I figured somebody had to go into the outside world to represent the Mustang.
Old 6/27/07, 01:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Ok, so they might have gotten me in one pic...I'm the one in the orange. Learning all kinds of fun facts.
Old 6/27/07, 05:40 AM
Cobra Member

Who knew?

All I know is that it took more ***** to cut and peel that roof off than me cutting a hole in my hood.

Nice 67 btw.
Wow... That is a lot of work and money. Is he gonna race it?
Old 6/27/07, 09:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jeremysmith1967
For the record it's not my car, but I'm the one you see in the pictures working. The point of installing the carbon fiber roof is to remove ~60lbs from the highest point of the car which in turn will lower the center of gravity of the car quite a bit. The owner also has several other weight reduction mods done to his car so this isn't just about have exposed CF.

I agree that it takes ***** to do this. Since it looks like he's racing this it's probably a very cool deal to do. If it was just a steet car he'd just be making a clone and very rice, IMO. But it looks like he is not doing that, but I'm sure someone with a 318 and more money than brains would do this for the 'bling' factor

**** I edited this 'cause it looks like he is racing this bimmer ****
Old 6/27/07, 09:59 AM

Those Import guys and their mods, whether to shave some weight, add bling, or go fast, are no different than the Mustang crowd.

Look at me, I spent $200+ dollars on an axle girdle!
Old 6/27/07, 09:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

wow and the other day was slow...

And now for something completely different

or not

Got the CDC chin and the SSE ducktail, will take them to get an estimate for paint. Hopefully I won't come away sore ....
Old 6/27/07, 10:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Dangit Brian, I was trying to let it go 12 hours without a post.

Almost unheard of in this thread.

In news from this end, I think I'm gonna get some Eibach Sportlines. Somebody is selling them for $125 shipped. Great deal. You guys who have lowered your cars have any suggestions? What else do I need to get? Thanks!
Old 6/27/07, 11:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Dangit Brian, I was trying to let it go 12 hours without a post.

Almost unheard of in this thread.

In news from this end, I think I'm gonna get some Eibach Sportlines. Somebody is selling them for $125 shipped. Great deal. You guys who have lowered your cars have any suggestions? What else do I need to get? Thanks!
Since your going with eibachs your going to need camber bolts and an adj panhard.

Brian-Let us know how it goes.
Old 6/28/07, 08:06 AM
Bullitt Member

For anyone out there who has the dreaded rear axle moan while turning, I may have stumbled upon a new fix.
Replace lube with royal purple.
Old 6/28/07, 08:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Since your going with eibachs your going to need camber bolts and an adj panhard.

Brian-Let us know how it goes.
Do you know the part # ??

The struts I'm getting have the bottom hole slotted for the bolts and it'll be a good idea for me to get some too.

I should know this afternoon on what the damage is for paint. It might be more than I expected because the CDC is not a smooth surface but slightly textured.
Old 6/28/07, 08:57 AM

I think I'm gonna get some Eibach Sportlines.
... You guys who have lowered your cars have any suggestions? What else do I need to get?
+1 for both.

Originally Posted by matko
For anyone out there who has the dreaded rear axle moan while turning, I may have stumbled upon a new fix.
Replace lube with royal purple.
I hope this issue doesn't apply to me any longer since I yanked out the OEM gears.
Good info though.

Originally Posted by habu
Do you know the part # ??

The struts I'm getting have the bottom hole slotted for the bolts and it'll be a good idea for me to get some too.

I should know this afternoon on what the damage is for paint. It might be more than I expected because the CDC is not a smooth surface but slightly textured.
Part number for what?

If the new struts you're getting (wait, you're getting new struts? ) has the lower holes slotted, you use the original strut bolt, not the camber ones.
Attachment 28893

I wonder why CDC no longer offers an 'unpainted' version of the spoiler? That version came prepped and ready to paint.
Attached Files

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)