General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/07, 10:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
UPS will be delivering my package tomorrow. Install will go down this Saturday.

My impending future...

(Except I'll most likely leave off the plastic oil filler neck and put the MGW cap straight on the camcover, Old School style!)
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-camcovers.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-frpp-chrome-clamcovers.jpg  
Old 6/12/07, 06:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
My impending future...

(Except I'll most likely leave off the plastic oil filler neck and put the MGW cap straight on the camcover, Old School style!)
OK Billy boy let us tell you what your impending future is......................and that is you better have that "How To" write up done within an hour of your installation and posted here so we can review, critique and harass you......................

Well maybe we'll just enjoy the pics and words and wish we also had pretty new Camcovers like Mr Taco

And we went with chrome, hmmmm is that so you can see your reflection. What’s wrong with Powered by Ford Blue or a Torch red to match the garage queens theme.

Now wake up and get to work, the day is passing you by pal

Oh I feel so into the causing trouble mood today ha
Old 6/12/07, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by philster2003
... you better have that "How To" write up done within an hour of your installation and posted here so we can review, critique and harass you......................

And we went with chrome, hmmmm is that so you can see your reflection. What’s wrong with Powered by Ford Blue or a Torch red to match the garage queens theme.
Don't worry Phil, I'll have a 'How-To' written for the swap. Go ahead and search the WWW for a write-up, they all suck, that is if you can find any.
Mine will blow you away!

The camcovers that I ordered are not chrome plated, it is powdercoated to have a chrome like appearance. I'm not sure if magnesium parts (like our camcovers) can be chrome plated.

Nothing wrong with blue, red, black, purple, rainbow, etc., Chris made the call for the polish/chrome look.
Old 6/12/07, 10:11 AM
Cobra Member

Don't worry Phil, I'll have a 'How-To' written for the swap.

Mine will blow you away!
Bill your How To’s are the best in class, nobody rivals you my friend so not to worry and no need to search the infinite internet, we have the best here at TMS (TacoBill)
Old 6/12/07, 02:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't worry Phil, I'll have a 'How-To' written for the swap. Go ahead and search the WWW for a write-up, they all suck, that is if you can find any.
Mine will blow you away!

The camcovers that I ordered are not chrome plated, it is powdercoated to have a chrome like appearance. I'm not sure if magnesium parts (like our camcovers) can be chrome plated.

Nothing wrong with blue, red, black, purple, rainbow, etc., Chris made the call for the polish/chrome look.
I know that when this write up is done I'll be following it for sure. Can't wait for it or the pics....

How long til the LCA's or the D/S ??
Old 6/12/07, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by habu
How long til the LCA's or the D/S ??
D/S will be next after the C&L Racer. I'm strongly leaning towards the Steeda 3.5" Aluminum.

After that, it'll be time to R&R the LCA's, UCA's (only if the pinion angle's off for the D/S), both sways and the panhard. At least that's the plan for now.
Old 6/12/07, 04:39 PM
Cobra Member

D/S will be next after the C&L Racer. I'm strongly leaning towards the Steeda 3.5" Aluminum.

After that, it'll be time to R&R the LCA's, UCA's (only if the pinion angle's off for the D/S), both sways and the panhard. At least that's the plan for now.
Well, can you please tell us where your money tree is growing or hidden for that matter. lol

Bill I mean this honestly, I know I kid around a lot but you are truly an inspiration to all of us and a real asset with your knowledge and your giving to this site! Although my wife, errr warden would put you in the to much info is bad for me lol
Old 6/12/07, 04:41 PM
Cobra Member

And I've decided I need a 2nd job to fund all of the "stuff" I need to do to my girl friend

My list is long and my wallet is empty, that is a bad situation lol
Old 6/12/07, 06:26 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Well, can you please tell us where your money tree is growing or hidden for that matter. lol
I got mine at Home Depot over by the philodendrons, but like I said my wife took it with her.
I went back this week, but they said they were all out until next spring.
Old 6/12/07, 06:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Join the crowd!

Can't wait to see the cam covers on Bill. They look spectacularrrr off the car, I can imagine what they look like on her!
Old 6/12/07, 06:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kh765
Join the crowd!

Can't wait to see the cam covers on Bill. They look spectacularrrr off the car, I can imagine what they look like on her!
Whew... I'm not the only one He's spending more than I make

All kidding aside, looking forward to seeing the valve covers (I have a hard time calling them cam covers)
Old 6/12/07, 07:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by habu
Whew... I'm not the only one He's spending more than I make

All kidding aside, looking forward to seeing the valve covers (I have a hard time calling them cam covers)
Brian I'm also having the same problem, all my life its been valve covers, now its cam covers. Oh well we must be adaptive.
Old 6/12/07, 07:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Join the club, we have jackets... Problem is, none of us can afford them...
Old 6/12/07, 11:08 PM

3-Valve Camcovers are in!

Better? That's the 'official' name from Ford Racing.

Came in perfect condition. They look awesome! Better than what I was expecting.

New gaskets and bolts included, along with a trial pack of Novus Plastic Polish #1 (what's recommended for cleaning these chrome-like covers).

Here's the actual pics of what's going on the car.

Old 6/12/07, 11:11 PM

I have a certain amount of 'Mad Money' I'm able to stash away each paycheck. If I don't buy stuff for a while, it adds up pretty quickly!

Upcoming trip to Hawaii will slash it though.
Old 6/13/07, 06:17 AM
Cobra Member

Came in perfect condition. They look awesome! Better than what I was expecting.

New gaskets and bolts included, along with a trial pack of Novus Plastic Polish #1 (what's recommended for cleaning these chrome-like covers)
Wow they look spectacular Bill. It looks like chrome but you say its not real chrome but powder coated. Blows my mind.

Here a thought for you Mr. How To, when you write up these fantastic, incredible and can be matched by no one on the Net How To's how about indicating on a scale of 1-5 or 1-10 10 being most difficult just how difficult the particular How To is.

For instance when I did the CAI I thought it was fairly easy and the MGW short shifter was fairly easy also. The UDP's seem a bit more challenging, etc.....

Just a thought, that way I can gauge whether I will attempt it and it will help me prioritize my mods. I know when I do the 4.10's that’s a shop that will do it so that’s an easy decision for me. But doing UDP's or CM deletes, or valve cover changes may take more thought, determination and ability not to worry about screwing it up ha.

OK probably a bad idea but I'm always thinking and had to throw that out there this fine Wed morning that seems to have you sleeping in again. I mean it’s like 5:14AM there in sunny SoCal you should be up and roaring pal.
Old 6/13/07, 07:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Chrome cam covers.
Old 6/13/07, 07:51 AM

Several of my write-ups indicate the level of difficulty associated with it. I like to keep these statements rather broad because what I would consider 'easy' may be 'moderate' or 'difficult' to another, and vice versa. That's why I try and illustrate each step with as much detail as possible so the reader can make the call whether or not he/she can handle it.

And Phil, if you thought the shifter was easy, the pulleys and delete plates are about the same. Just need some specialized tools like a gear puller and torque wrench.

I can't wait for Saturday! The covers are going to look sweet!
I'm estimating 2-3 hours for the swap. Would be shorter, but the picture documentation will add some time to the install.
Old 6/13/07, 07:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Chrome cam covers.
Leo, what’s the matter pal, chrome not your cup of tea? Opps my bad I mis understood, you like the chrome I take it given the drool graphic. Sorry Leo

What color is your pick? Black crinkle?

Something always alluring to me about the Powered by Ford Blue Crinkle, it would be blue or black when and if I do this mod.
Old 6/13/07, 07:59 AM
Cobra Member

And Phil, if you thought the shifter was easy, the pulleys and delete plates are about the same. Just need some specialized tools like a gear puller and torque wrench.
You really think its that easy, for some reason even with the tools the pulleys seem difficult to me................... This is where a buddy there with me for support would be good for my confidence.

I can't wait for Saturday! The covers are going to look sweet!
I'm estimating 2-3 hours for the swap. Would be shorter, but the picture documentation will add some time to the install.
So if you did not have to picture document how long do you think this mod would take you Billster?

Nice to see you SoCal boys finally up and adam, boy you guys like your beauty sleep.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)