General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/07 | 03:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Mike -

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=63811

$40 for 2 runs if you don't care about your A/F Ratio like I do. Can't beat that!
That's on cinco de mayo, they advertise free food, will they have burritos?
Old 4/17/07 | 06:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just finished changing out my oil and scrubbing all the rubber off my rear quarter panels. Now on Friday all I need to do is wash,polish and wax.
Old 4/17/07 | 06:32 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by matko
Maybe... gonna try to go? I'm only staying for 2 sets of dyno runs.

Dave is going with me and we'll get there at 9:30. I'll get an early 2 runs and then let 4 or 5 cars get in line... then I'll schedule myself again after them. While they are going, we are going to take the carburetor apart, rejet the primaries and secondaries, and go again for another 2 pulls.

Everybody at FordMuscle.com says it will make 330 RWHP with proper jetting. That's 396 BHP... I think I'll be happy with that! But it'll take some major changes to the carb now, and then probably some more that day.

I don't want to set myself up for disappointment, but they made some valid points about the A/F ratio graph. I think I'll get 50 more HP out of it, but why not shoot for 80?
Old 4/17/07 | 06:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

I just did mine Sunday. I need to claybar it again I'm starting to feel little imperfections on the hood.

What filter wrench did you end up using. I have an old one that doesn't work too good but it gets the job done. Did you ever see the 2-liter bottle trick for taking off the filter ?? It saved me from getting a bunch of oil all over the hoses and stuff that's under the filter.
Old 4/17/07 | 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Can you guys do me a favor and check to see the position of your lcas.
Are they level?
Angled downward towards the axle?
Angled downward towards the front of the car?
Okay Leo. I took a look under the car just now and it appears that my LCA's are slightly angled towards the front of the car. Not by much mind you, just a few degrees. If I had to make a guesstimate, the height difference between the forward and rear links is between 3/4" to 1".

All this means nothing to me, hope it helps you.

PASSENGER SIDE Attachment 24339

DRIVERS SIDE Attachment 24340
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_2501.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_2503.jpg  
Old 4/17/07 | 06:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Okay Leo. I took a look under the car just now and it appears that my LCA's are slightly angled towards the front of the car. Not by much mind you, just a few degrees. If I had to make a guesstimate, the height difference between the forward and rear links is between 3/4" to 1".
Dang Bill...looks like the inside of your rims could use a good cleaning
Old 4/17/07 | 06:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, this isn't news to everyone but the last part is a change from what I knew as of last night.

Here are some pics of the "sound shoot" that I was involved in with Magnaflow today. My car was going to be the car filmed but they changed their mind, then they found out the car, the red one, was an automatic and they wanted a manual so instead of missing out completely I got to have my car miked for sound for a commercial that Magnaflow is doing for SEMA. Would have like to been the car filmed, but you can't win 'em all. The glassback shot is for Leo.
Cool thing is I got to push my car to 125 trying to get full throttle in all gears for them. Found an open stretch out by the docks in Long Beach and let it rip. Most of the time though it as "aggressive" upshifting and downshifting. They wanted to keep the car from being in cruise so that the sound would be the most noticable. Incredibly the little itty-bitty mike was the primary mike for the sound, the bigger one was back-up apparently. When I get my hands on the video you might not be able to see my car but I promise you'll hear it !!

Old 4/17/07 | 06:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by habu
Well, this isn't news to everyone but the last part is a change from what I knew as of last night.

Here are some pics of the "sound shoot" that I was involved in with Magnaflow today. My car was going to be the car filmed but they changed their mind, then they found out the car, the red one, was an automatic and they wanted a manual so instead of missing out completely I got to have my car miked for sound for a commercial that Magnaflow is doing for SEMA. Would have like to been the car filmed, but you can't win 'em all.

At least you didn't have to subject your car to all of those props.

BTW, I think the red car's interior is missing a piece or two
Old 4/17/07 | 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Dang Bill...looks like the inside of your rims could use a good cleaning
You're not kidding, Mike! I was just thinking about that when I was looking at the pics.

One day soon (when I'm bored), I'll jack up the rear and slide under the car for a little wipe down. Heck, I may even to the fronts while I'm at it!

Originally Posted by habu
Here are some pics of the "sound shoot" that I was involved in with Magnaflow today.
Cool! Another day off from work?

I see some fancy camera mounting going on there. Looks way more expensive than my Sticky Pod setup, but hey, for $80, I can't go wrong!

I need to setup an external mic like the way yours was. I can't seem to find a good condenser mic that'll work with my camcorder.

Looks good though, Brian! Congrats!!
Old 4/17/07 | 07:55 PM
Cobra R Member

You're not kidding, Mike! I was just thinking about that when I was looking at the pics.

One day soon (when I'm bored), I'll jack up the rear and slide under the car for a little wipe down. Heck, I may even to the fronts while I'm at it!
You can't reach through the face of the wheel????

With the factory bullitts on my SN95 I was able to. Same with my Cobra 10th's that I had. In fact, that's one thing that I HATED about the stock concept style wheels I had on the 05...I couldn't reach through the spoke opening to clean the inside of the wheel.

Everytime I wash my car, I use a small sponge and reach through the spokes to clean the inside of the wheel. It makes the wheel look MUCH wider, and much nicer too.

Honestly, that's one thing that I knit-pick the heck out of when looking at cars in car shows: the inside part of wheels that have brake dust all over them, when they could be easily cleaned without even taking off the rim. Seems like this is always seen with Roush and Saleen 5-spoke rims: all nice and chromy on the outside, all brown and brake-dusty on the inside.
Old 4/17/07 | 08:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Cool! Another day off from work?

I see some fancy camera mounting going on there. Looks way more expensive than my Sticky Pod setup, but hey, for $80, I can't go wrong!

I need to setup an external mic like the way yours was. I can't seem to find a good condenser mic that'll work with my camcorder.

Looks good though, Brian! Congrats!!
The guy with the red one had the whole interior taken apart. The rear was nothing but amps and speakers. the dash apparently is going to look like the billet grille but he'll be able to see through the bars I guess and see the guages. Except for the wheels and the glassback none of it was for me. He didn't come across as a real Mustang guy just someone who mods cars as a showcase for products. I could be wrong though.

The black mic was one that the sound guy picked up "at radio shack for 50 bucks" it's zipped-tied to my license place frame.
Old 4/17/07 | 11:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Quote:

Maybe... gonna try to go? I'm only staying for 2 sets of dyno runs.

I wish. I need to change my work schedule, but that won't happen till next year.
Old 4/17/07 | 11:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I can fit a BIG MAC through my spokes.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-mikeshrink-1-.jpg  
Old 4/18/07 | 03:47 AM
GTR Member

Cool pics, Brian!

I'll clean the inside of my rims sometime since I can reach through from the outside. But, with black rims, you don't notice it nearly as much (if at all) like you do on chrome or polished rims.

Mike - change your schedule, call in sick, sleep later that day, etc.... if you get there early with me you could be one of the firsts - dyno and go.
Old 4/18/07 | 06:19 AM
GTR Member

Leo - why do we want the LCAs level? I'll check mine today.
Old 4/18/07 | 06:22 AM
Cobra Member

Actually, I like the flame job, it was well done and the color scheme works with red. The front seats look good too, but it doesn't look like they match the ICAP doors very well.
Oh yeah, you gotta love the glassback!
Old 4/18/07 | 06:24 AM
Cobra Member

I can fit a BIG MAC through my spokes.
Dude.... Don't you know that you aren't supposed to wash the car in hot water!

Old 4/18/07 | 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

you gotta love the glassback!

Yea, locally it cost around 5 grand.

Mike - change your schedule, call in sick, sleep later that day, etc.... if you get there early with me you could be one of the firsts - dyno and go
I'll work on it.

Dude.... Don't you know that you aren't supposed to wash the car in hot water!
S**t happens.
Old 4/18/07 | 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Not that good. Besides, the edges of the Bullitt are sharp as heck!

I find it easier to just get under the car with a rag and some Windex and thouroughly wipe the inside of the rim. It's not that big of a deal to do, plus I get to wipe down other stuff under there.
Old 4/18/07 | 09:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

It's not that big of a deal to do, plus I get to wipe down other stuff under there.
I'm pretty sure I do NOT want to know what OTHER things you are talking about.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)