General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/07, 05:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fxdwg2002
As if you haven't seen these before, here's the pics of the new parts. Install took about 2 seconds. Like I said great looking quality stuff. I told Zachary if he didn't behave in the car I would push the Eject button on him.
Looks great, Steve.

Are these the only 2 MGW pieces you have so far? I wonder if MGW found a solution for the A/C ***** on the 07's.

You can literally go broke getting stuff from MGW, like the door pins, seat levers, coat hangers, Shaker ****, A/C ***** (if they'll fit), and don't forget the engine bay stuff.

Ha! Looking at your posted pic, I'm willing to bet that your outer air vents are closed and turned in a certain direction, aren't they?
Old 4/4/07, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Boltzman
hey guys ,anybody remember the type of clamp (for FRPP axlebacks that worked really well )someone bought at their local auto part store? For some reason the driver side one isn't holding tight
Wasn't me, Chuck. The one's supplied are holding up fine for me.

You know what my suggestion is to remedy that don't you?
Old 4/4/07, 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Looks great, Steve.

Are these the only 2 MGW pieces you have so far? I wonder if MGW found a solution for the A/C ***** on the 07's.

You can literally go broke getting stuff from MGW, like the door pins, seat levers, coat hangers, Shaker ****, A/C ***** (if they'll fit), and don't forget the engine bay stuff.
Yep it's the only parts so far. I haven't found anyone that makes the a/c ***** for the 07's yet. I wish someone did, because I think that would be the only other billet part I'd put in the interior, except maybe the Door locks.

Ha! Looking at your posted pic, I'm willing to bet that your outer air vents are closed and turned in a certain direction, aren't they?
I'll bet your's and everyone elses is set the same way as mine
Old 4/4/07, 06:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Geesh louise...I was finally able to get back on this site (once again, it wasn't "finding" it...said it was unavailable.)

I last looked this morning around 8:00 EST. And now, I come back to shifter galore. Two pages of long posts. I haven't even made through the first page yet.
Old 4/4/07, 06:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Yep it's the only parts so far. I haven't found anyone that makes the a/c ***** for the 07's yet. I wish someone did, because I think that would be the only other billet part I'd put in the interior, except maybe the Door locks.
there is a much cheaper alternative for the door lock pins:

1) Use the 01 factory bullitt pins (just unscrew them from the metal rod)
2) Paint your factory ones.

Unlike the SN95's, replacing these pins is EXTREMELY easy, because they have that outer plastic piece in the door that comes off. This helps prevent the rod from getting stuck under the door panel, which was the PITA issue with the SN95's.

That is what I did. I had a set that I painted on my 2000, but then decided to get real Bullitt ones for that car (to match just a little better, and because they were cheap enough to buy). I had kept the originals that I painted, and just switched them onto the 05.
Old 4/4/07, 07:00 PM
Cobra R Member

To start another topic, has anyone seen this thread: (I don't want to mention the subject, in case it gets searched later)

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=63078

Is it just me, or are they getting a little too knit-picky. It's a FORD!!!.

Please read my post in there. those are my thoughts...no need to reiterate them here too.

BTW, I'm hope I'm not steping on anyone's toes or anything...just stating my opinion.
Old 4/4/07, 07:58 PM
Cobra R Member

I was bored (and missing my baby), so I decided to mess around editing some pictures that I took of my car a couple of weeks ago.

Check this out. I got lucky messing around with contrast and stuff, and IMO the end product is AWESOME. It looks like a drawing. I might have to bring it to kinkos or something to get printed out on some bigger paper to have as a print.

It was seriously just a messing around with slider bars...not knowing what I was doing at all. and, it only took me about 10 seconds
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-05-mustang-1-.jpg  
Old 4/4/07, 08:31 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Check this out. I got lucky messing around with contrast and stuff, and IMO the end product is AWESOME. It looks like a drawing. I might have to bring it to kinkos or something to get printed out on some bigger paper to have as a print.

It was seriously just a messing around with slider bars...not knowing what I was doing at all. and, it only took me about 10 seconds
That does look just like a pencil sketch. When you show stuff like that, you are just asking for people to ask you to do one of their car.

Hey, could you do one like that for my car?
Old 4/4/07, 08:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
That does look just like a pencil sketch. When you show stuff like that, you are just asking for people to ask you to do one of their car.

Hey, could you do one like that for my car?
I seriously don't know what I did. I switched it to B&W, then had 4 slider bars that I messed with: hue, saturation, contrast, brightness.

I probably couldn't duplicate it if I wanted to.

So, my answer is no, but thanks for asking
Old 4/4/07, 09:01 PM
GTR Member

Try as I might, I can't get the car as grainy and looking like a sketch. I was doing the same thing - turning it to B&W and messing with the 4 things you mentioned. Maybe because the car is white and not black I can't get the same effect?
Old 4/4/07, 09:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Try as I might, I can't get the car as grainy and looking like a sketch. I was doing the same thing - turning it to B&W and messing with the 4 things you mentioned. Maybe because the car is white and not black I can't get the same effect?
I *may* have changed the sharpness level too. That was an option that I played with briefly. I thought I put it back to normal, but maybe not.

But, I just tried doing it with another pic that I took (the one that's my avatar), and I couldn't get it to be grainy either.

I'm guess I'm just one lucky cat today. I happen to choose that picture to play with (I have tons to choose from), and I just played with a couple of sliders. the program is probably one of the most basic programs there is. It's called FinePix viewer, and it came with my camera.

since I know bill (and some others) is a tech wiz when it comes to cameras and such , I'll go ahead and answer his question: it's a Fujifilm S5000. It's a 3MP, but will actually take pics in 6MP (not quite sure how that works...I think you need the aforementioned program). I bought it a few years ago (when 3MP was pretty good), but the selling point for it was that it has a 10x OPTICAL zoom, and is a SLR-style in terms of shape,etc (yet it's not a digital SLR).
Old 4/4/07, 09:13 PM
Cobra R Member

here's a pic of what the car looked like before, to give you a good idea of the lighting and such

Attachment 23352

BTW, 1000th POST!!!! I have no life...1000 posts in 3 months
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-2005-mustang-039a.jpg  
Old 4/4/07, 09:16 PM

Not perfect, but kinda close.
Attached Images  
Old 4/4/07, 09:18 PM

Mine are too.
But, I doubt everyone else's are. Isn't this called OCD?

Is it just me, or are they getting a little too knit-picky. It's a FORD!!!.
I agree. I have small defects, but I ain't cryin' over them.
Old 4/4/07, 09:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Mine are too.
But, I doubt everyone else's are. Isn't this called OCD?

How are y'alls set??? I have mine open and the vents are horizontal.
Old 4/4/07, 09:32 PM

How are y'alls set??? I have mine open and the vents are horizontal.
Mine (all 4) are always closed horizontally (before exiting the vehicle). 2 center vents in the UP position, 2 outside vents in the DOWN position.

Rationale: Center vents angled up to better circulate the A/C throughout the cabin. Outer vent angled down to shoot cold AC air to my sweaty hand.

I know...
Old 4/4/07, 09:36 PM
Cobra R Member

I just tried it with the same pic (Tom's profile pic).

Tom, I think you're right. I think it's because the car is white.

But, I do want to complement you on your photography skills. The background in your profile pic (the clouds and trees) look magnificent. And I've always liked your avatar pic....I can not seem to get a good shot like that with my car (probably because mine's black ...so it doesn't show that angle as well.)
Old 4/4/07, 09:41 PM
GTR Member

Looks good... but Mike's really looks like a hand-drawn picture.

But, I do want to complement you on your photography skills. The background in your profile pic (the clouds and trees) look magnificent. And I've always liked your avatar pic....I can not seem to get a good shot like that with my car (probably because mine's black ...so it doesn't show that angle as well.)
You talkin' to me? I'm asking because I have trees and clouds in the picture you see to the right in my profile.

If you are, thanks, but that was just luck. I took that picture going about 95 MPH while Dave passed me in the '06 going just over 100.
Old 4/4/07, 09:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

I was bored (and missing my baby), so I decided to mess around editing some pictures that I took of my car a couple of weeks ago.

Very sweeeeet!! Nice work!
Old 4/4/07, 09:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine (all 4) are always closed horizontally (before exiting the vehicle). 2 center vents in the UP position, 2 outside vents in the DOWN position.

Rationale: Center vents angled up to better circulate the A/C throughout the cabin. Outer vent angled down to shoot cold AC air to my sweaty hand.

I know...
i've got the center console passenger and drivers side down and angled towards the respective seats. The outside ones are straight down. All of them are usually closed unless the rare occation I run the a/c

Everyone has some type of OCD.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)