General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/07, 03:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I'm not a fan of stripes on a black car. They don't look bad but to me it doesn't have the same Ooooo and Ah factor that your car, a VB with white stripes, or a PW with VB stripes has. Plus I don't think I'd have the patience to apply them.
Umm... see below.

What do you guys think of these stripes???? Assuming I decide to get these do you think it would be okay to leave the chin spoiler matte black?
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...025#post823025
Leo, those are RACING STRIPES.

And no, you must stripe ALL THE WAY DOWN.
Old 1/18/07, 03:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL OK OK you got me. I guess I'm going through "appearance" mod withdrawal. The only appearance mod I seriously considering are the SHR louvers but I'm waiting to see peoples pics and install tips.

I'm off to the garage to remove the front swaybar I'll make sure to take pics.

BTW-I picked up my Jackstands and worklight today at sears. I was so tempted to buy my self this awesome tool set that was on sale for $150. Heck I felt like buying all kinds of stuff I had to run out of there.
Old 1/18/07, 05:28 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
It's Tom's turn to be famous! link
That's awesome, Bill!
Old 1/18/07, 05:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Front swaybar has been removed

Removal: Real simple to do as long as you have an average tool set which I don't. Only thing I was missing was 18mm deepsocket to remove the end link bolts. Luckily my next door neighbor had me covered. Unlike Tom I had to Jack up the car and remove the front wheels since I couldn't figure out how the heck to get the endlinks off without doing so. As you'll see in the pics I had to use the factory jack which added atleast 20min to my removal process. I'd rate this at a level 1 difficulty. If you can remove some nuts and bolts you can do this.

Test drive: I only drove it for a few miles and so far I don't notice a difference, good or bad. Like Tom I also like the fact the front end raises up just a little more when you give it gas. I'll do some freeway driving tomorrow and depending on how that goes I just might be ordering the BMR rad support.

Front Swaybar removal gallery

BTW- Bill feel free to make a write-up if you want to.
Old 1/18/07, 05:57 PM
GTR Member

Only thing I was missing was 18mm deepsocket to remove the end link bolts.
You didn't need a deep socket... you didn't even need a socket. You could have used the closed end of an 18mm wrench to turn the nut while holding the stud with a smaller wrench (8mm?). Looks good... you won't notice ANY differenct on the freeway... I guarantee it.
Old 1/18/07, 06:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
You didn't need a deep socket... you didn't even need a socket. You could have used the closed end of an 18mm wrench to turn the nut while holding the stud with a smaller wrench (8mm?). Looks good... you won't notice ANY differenct on the freeway... I guarantee it.
I was going to try that but the biggest I had was a 17mm and my neighbor only had a 14mm. Like I said I don't have a very good tool collection.

BTW- Tom you should join circus ole. I can't believe you did it this way when you have all the right tools at your disposal.
Old 1/18/07, 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Leo did you ever get that issue with your brake rotor's answered or taken care of? I was thinking of getting the painted rotors for mine but dont' wanna have to deal with the paint comming off of them.
Old 1/18/07, 06:23 PM
GTR Member

BTW- Tom you should join circus ole. I can't believe you did it this way when you have all the right tools at your disposal.
Do you mean cirque de sole?

Why bother jacking it up if you can reach everything on the ground? I bet it would have taken me longer to jack up the car, take off the tires, etc., etc., than it did to take off the entire swaybar and links.

Let me know if you get the BMR swaybar delete kit... I want to, too. It's cheap enough, and why not get that heavy-**** brace off the front if it's not needed any more...
Old 1/18/07, 10:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by fxdwg2002
Hey Leo did you ever get that issue with your brake rotor's answered or taken care of? I was thinking of getting the painted rotors for mine but dont' wanna have to deal with the paint comming off of them.
They ended up refunding me the $30 they charged me for the paint. I'd go ahead and get them as I think mine were just a freak accident. Plus you can only see the paint cracking with the wheels off. Even if you get down and look closely you can't see anything wrong.

Do you mean cirque de sole?

Why bother jacking it up if you can reach everything on the ground? I bet it would have taken me longer to jack up the car, take off the tires, etc., etc., than it did to take off the entire swaybar and links.

Let me know if you get the BMR swaybar delete kit... I want to, too. It's cheap enough, and why not get that heavy-**** brace off the front if it's not needed any more...
Woops. I guess it's easy for you since you have more experience. If I do get the BMR swaybar delete kit it won't be untill atleast next month. Quick question for you if and when I remove the radiator support will I need a second person to support the radiator while I put in the BMR bar??
Old 1/19/07, 07:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Remember when I said I wanted to try and make the Shaker tubing as straight to the heat shield as possible?
Here is something very close to what I had in mind.

Attachment 17731

The only thing I don't like is the size of tubing used, it just looks out of place or something

LEO, the racing stripes I think would look good, and definitely WRAP the car.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-cnl-shaker-routing.jpg  
Old 1/19/07, 08:02 AM

BTW- Bill feel free to make a write-up if you want to.
Once you install the BMR swaybar delete kit, I'll do it as a whole package.

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Remember when I said I wanted to try and make the Shaker tubing as straight to the heat shield as possible?
That looks pretty good, Daryl. Tubing doesn't look out of place to me.

Contact that guy and get some specifics and different angle shots.
Old 1/19/07, 10:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Attachment 17731

The only thing I don't like is the size of tubing used, it just looks out of place or something

Thanks. I agree with Bill it doesn't look out of place at all. In fact it's one of the cleanest setups I've seen. Your probably not going to be able to get the piping any straighter than that. BTW-I'm planning (no gurantee) on removing the shaker ducting sometime next week.

Once you install the BMR swaybar delete kit, I'll do it as a whole package.
You know me to well.
Old 1/19/07, 10:53 AM

A little early, but....
Happy Birthday Leo!!!

I won't be on TMS from 11am on... I'll be partying aboard the Monarch of the Seas!
Old 1/19/07, 10:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Bill. Don't get to drunk and don't end up like that guy that fell of the cruise ship.
Old 1/19/07, 11:27 AM

Don't get to drunk and don't end up like that guy that fell of the cruise ship.
I'll try and not to wander too close to the railing with a drink in my hand!

BTW-I'm planning (no gurantee) on removing the shaker ducting sometime next week.
When you get the Shaker shroud off, double check the rear ball mount bracket and make sure it's secure. Its location has a little to do with how the back of the scoop sits within the hood cut-out.

Remember how much it was a PITA trying to align it straight, even, and level?
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1067.jpg  
Old 1/19/07, 05:03 PM
GTR Member

Test out the car sans-swaybar on the freeway yet, Leo?

Have fun, Bill!
Old 1/19/07, 06:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attachment 17731

That looks really good. From the pic it doesn't look like the tubing is out of place at all.

+1 on wrapping the stripes

Not to hijack, but are you running underdrive pullies... it looks like the one in the pic. If so what brand and are you happy with them.
Old 1/19/07, 06:38 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by habu
Not to hijack, but are you running underdrive pullies... it looks like the one in the pic. If so what brand and are you happy with them.
Brian... that's not Daryl's car...
Old 1/19/07, 09:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brian... that's not Daryl's car...
hahahahaha

well then, um, nevermind (pours another beer)

Thanks Tom.
Old 1/20/07, 02:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Test out the car sans-swaybar on the freeway yet, Leo?

Have fun, Bill!
Yup and as you predicted I didn't feel the difference. I plan on keeping the swaybar off but not so sure about getting the BMR delete. $160 for -11lbs doesn't seem right.

Track tonight.....
Finally got to run with slicks. Other than the fun of doing a few huge burnouts it was nothing but a disappointment which I guess will save me $400 plus. Reason I say this is because with a total of 8 passes only once did I match my best time everyother time I was between 9.0-9.1. So inclosing I dont' see MT ET streets in my future. I was only there for three hours so no trophy ceremony= no trophy for me.

I think DonW's wife got my burnout so once I see them post it on Modular Fords I'll make sure to post the link.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)