General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 12/18/06, 04:14 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
I will just wash my car. I hate that look just doesn't belong on our car. Of course this is just MY opinion.
Not the fat ones... just the thin ones for the rear.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Pics of the new rotors. For the full gallery click on the link in my sig. Tom here's a pic of the door trim you asked for.
Looks good... are they powdercoated black AND zinc coated? If not, they'll rust where the pads don't make contact (on the part not powdercoated).

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Now it's just a question of how much my shop will charge for the install.
At least $350 (if you bring your own gears).
Old 12/18/06, 04:15 PM
GTR Member

I think I'm going to get this kit in 20%:

Pre-Cut Tint Kit

I'm pretty good at tinting, but suck at cutting out the tint. If it's pre-cut, it should be pretty easy to do. And my rear window is nothing compared to a coupe's rear window's curves.

I sent him a question asking if it was for convertibles, too.
Old 12/18/06, 04:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I think I'm going to get this kit in 20%:

Pre-Cut Tint Kit

I'm pretty good at tinting, but suck at cutting out the tint. If it's pre-cut, it should be pretty easy to do. And my rear window is nothing compared to a coupe's rear window's curves.

I sent him a question asking if it was for convertibles, too.
I'd recommend getting it done professionally. Only reason I say that is because I remember the guys at the tint shop saying the rear window was a real pain. That's coming from a guy who does tinting for a living. I think the rear would be even more of a PITA for you since you have a vert. So like I said I'd get it done professionally if I were you. Just MO.
Old 12/18/06, 07:29 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I'd recommend getting it done professionally. Only reason I say that is because I remember the guys at the tint shop saying the rear window was a real pain. That's coming from a guy who does tinting for a living. I think the rear would be even more of a PITA for you since you have a vert. So like I said I'd get it done professionally if I were you. Just MO.
Sometimes the curvy coupe rear window is done with 3 pieces of tint and they have to match it over the defroster lines. Sometimes they heat it and shrink it so it contours the window.

My rear window is much smaller and only bends in one direction (left to right) compared to your compound curve rear window. Wow, that's a huge window!

You are right, though, I would never attempt that coupe rear window!

I think I can handle the vert's rear window and I know I can handle the flat other windows.

EDIT: I just ordered it... $43. Can't beat that!
Old 12/19/06, 07:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Good luck with the tinting, Tom.

Hope your rear window doesn't give you too much grief. Although I don't have many pics of my window tint install, you can see how my installer went about 'forming' the tint to the curvature of the rear window.

Did you already install your Moleskin?
Old 12/19/06, 12:09 PM
GTR Member

Good luck with the tinting, Tom.

Hope your rear window doesn't give you too much grief. Although I don't have many pics of my window tint install, you can see how my installer went about 'forming' the tint to the curvature of the rear window.

Did you already install your Moleskin?
Thanks!

Well, I looked at the rear window again last night and compared to the complex coupe window, the vert window looks pretty easy with just a curve in one direction. I don't think I'll have to form it like you do on a compound curve surface, but I'll find out. If I mess it up, I'll just have a pro put 20% on the rear window (should be pretty cheap).

I'll do the moleskin at the same time. I'll probably pull the top of the door panel out for the tint install so I can slide the tint down easier. Before tinting, I'll slide out the channel and install the moleskin. I wonder how the channel slides out for the rear window? I haven't looked at it.
Old 12/19/06, 12:30 PM

I wonder how the channel slides out for the rear window? I haven't looked at it.
They probably just slide out like the front ones do. Should be easier though because they're much shorter.

It's not exactly rocket science, so I know you'll figure it out.
Old 12/19/06, 02:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Ordered the SCT 2 Tuner from Doug @ BamaChips today, for those of you that don't already know.
Can't wait to get it and try out the tunes. Looks like I better hurry and order the cleaning/oil kit for the C & L now.
Old 12/19/06, 02:43 PM

Looks like I better hurry and order the cleaning/oil kit for the C & L now.
Get on it!

Better start engineering how you're planning to adapt the C&L to the Shaker too. And, don't forget any modifications you need to do to the Shaker shroud.
Old 12/20/06, 08:55 AM
GTR Member

I just examined the rear window closer and that thing is virtually flat. It has a slight long curve left to right and no curve top to bottom.

They probably just slide out like the front ones do. Should be easier though because they're much shorter.
Believe it or not, there is no channel for the small side windows. Just the rubber flap that comes up, but nothing below that. When the window is down, I can pull the rubber flap back a little and look down - nothing but open space.
Old 12/20/06, 09:17 AM

Believe it or not, there is no channel for the small side windows. Just the rubber flap that comes up, but nothing below that. When the window is down, I can pull the rubber flap back a little and look down - nothing but open space.
So I guess the Moleskin gets installed on the rubber flap?
Old 12/20/06, 09:59 AM
GTR Member

So I guess the Moleskin gets installed on the rubber flap?
I don't know. For the front windows, is the place where the moleskin goes the first rubber flap that you can see when the window is down?

The small side window's rubber flap is higher and if that's where it goes I can easily put it on without sliding it out. Which is good, because it looks like a lot has to come out first to remove that rubber flap.
Old 12/20/06, 10:13 AM

I don't know. For the front windows, is the place where the moleskin goes the first rubber flap that you can see when the window is down?

The small side window's rubber flap is higher and if that's where it goes I can easily put it on without sliding it out. Which is good, because it looks like a lot has to come out first to remove that rubber flap.
Install the Moleskin on the channel/flap where it contacts the glass.
Old 12/21/06, 12:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well just got back from the BCMC Cruise Night at Ricky & Ronnies in Torrance. My first cruise night and it was pretty cool meeting more and more people with the same love of cars as I have is a lot of fun.

One of the things I noticed is that my car looks so darn pedestrian next to Bill's... I gotta do something about that.

Anyway, here are some pics.

Bill's

Mine

And of course the highlight for me. Meeting Parnelli Jones. He seems to be a pretty down to earth guy... Before I asked for this pic, he was talking about , and I quote, "Beating the S__t" out of his Parnelli Saleen as soon as he got it and how hard it is not to get on it every chance he gets...
Old 12/21/06, 06:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by habu
Well just got back from the BCMC Cruise Night at Ricky & Ronnies in Torrance. My first cruise night and it was pretty cool meeting more and more people with the same love of cars as I have is a lot of fun.
One of the things I noticed is that my car looks so darn pedestrian next to Bill's... I gotta do something about that.
And of course the highlight for me. Meeting Parnelli Jones. He seems to be a pretty down to earth guy... Before I asked for this pic, he was talking about , and I quote, "Beating the S__t" out of his Parnelli Saleen as soon as he got it and how hard it is not to get on it every chance he gets...
Sounds like you had a good time. Awesome pics
Most cars look pedestrian next to Bill's, so don't feel bad, jsut start ordering mods.
WE can all share in spending your money. It's such fun spending other people's hard earned money
Oh God here goes the big head for Bill
Old 12/21/06, 09:30 AM

Oh God here goes the big head for Bill

Well, maybe a little... ...........

Hey Brian, your Mustang is progressing nicely! Starting off with performance mods is always good, Stingers and lowering springs were the first 2 mods for me. Just don't go too crazy on the exterior stuff, there's that fine line you don't want to cross over.

Brian forgot to add that it was butt cold lastnight. I just about froze my **** off.

Here's some more pics for your viewing pleasure...

(from the hood of a Ford mini-truck, Ranger I think)
Old 12/21/06, 09:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Brian forgot to add that it was butt cold last night. I just about froze my **** off.
What was the temp? a chilly 65°

Here's some more pics for your viewing pleasure...

WTF ? Get your hands OFF the car Santa
Old 12/21/06, 09:40 AM

What was the temp? a chilly 65°

WTF ? Get your hands OFF the car Santa
Hey! I bet it got down into the upper 40's buddy! That's darn near freezing for us SoCal folks.

I gave Santa a break since he was wearing gloves... I saw that too!
Old 12/21/06, 11:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Bill. I think once I get it lowered it'd have the more aggresive stance that I'm jonesin for.

Yeah it was butt cold. I was so happy getting into the car and cranking the heater.. ahhhhh Once I got back to whittier it was 43 and I know it was colder down in Torrance. I had more pictures but among my problems I had the camera on Manual Focus at first so the first few were blurry
Old 12/21/06, 12:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Nice pics. You guys didn't have Pernelli Jones sign anything?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)