General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/06, 10:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Relatively, Bill never drives his car.

I saw them in person, on the SHR car... they look great! You do realize that you have to remove the quarter glass to install them, right?
Yes I know this. I think it's better that way so it doesn't looked tacked on and sits nice and flush. I'm sure I can take them to a glass shop and have them removed and maybe even have them put in the louvers.
Old 12/17/06, 03:36 PM
Cobra Member

I saw them in person, on the SHR car... they look great!
The only thing that I would worry about is the loss of visablity. I did see a picture of the view through windows from inside the car and it looked a little distorted but it is hard to tell from a picture. I really like the look of the SHR kit but I don't want to turn that area into a large blind spot.
Old 12/17/06, 05:46 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
The only thing that I would worry about is the loss of visablity. I did see a picture of the view through windows from inside the car and it looked a little distorted but it is hard to tell from a picture. I really like the look of the SHR kit but I don't want to turn that area into a large blind spot.
I'm glad I don't have to worry about.
Old 12/18/06, 08:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Hi guys! I'm back from my hiatus. X-Mas shopping and watching movies on my new TV has distracted me a bit from TMS, but now that I'm back in the office..

As Leo mentioned, his rotor install went pretty smooth. I uploaded the pics for him yesterday, so he should post a few up very soon.

(from a few posts back) Don't worry Tom, I have no intention of attempting a gear swap myself. I have a local shop in mind for the install. The 4.10 gears will probably be my next 'performance' mod. And yes, I agree, 1st gear will be useless on a hard launch; pretty much like my 3.55's are now. However with the 4.10's, I'm pretty sure a 2nd gear launch will work.

And Tom, I do drive my car... at least I did a week ago... for around 20 minutes.
Old 12/18/06, 10:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome back !! The malls are crazy right now, so I don't envy you.

Anyone run the ford splash guards ? I'm reading the thread on them, in GT, and they seem like a good deal. I had crap all over my door after this latest rain, which happens about 3 times a year in So Cal , and the bottom of the fenders are the first to look like crud... so are they worth it ?? for 40 bucks or it doesn't seem bad
Old 12/18/06, 10:26 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by habu
welcome back !! The malls are crazy right now, so I don't envy you.

Anyone run the ford splash guards ? I'm reading the thread on them, in GT, and they seem like a good deal. I had crap all over my door after this latest rain, which happens about 3 times a year in So Cal , and the bottom of the fenders are the first to look like crud... so are they worth it ?? for 40 bucks or it doesn't seem bad
Are you talking about the thin ones in post #6? I think they would look good on mine, too. Where do you get them - have a link? They are only $40?
Old 12/18/06, 10:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I would have to see them on the car first, as I really do NOT like Splash Guards.
Every time someone mentions them I get this mental image of a jacked-up redneck pick-up not a Mustang.
Old 12/18/06, 11:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Are you talking about the thin ones in post #6? I think they would look good on mine, too. Where do you get them - have a link? They are only $40?

Yep

I would have to see them on the car first, as I really do NOT like Splash Guards.
Every time someone mentions them I get this mental image of a jacked-up redneck pick-up not a Mustang.

Hey... don't make fun of my "Back Off" Yosemite Sam and Chrome nekked chic.

When I first saw these I thought the same until I looked at
this thread
They don't look too bad

Old 12/18/06, 11:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

When I first saw these I thought the same until I looked at this thread
They don't look too bad
I will just wash my car. I hate that look just doesn't belong on our car. Of course this is just MY opinion.
Old 12/18/06, 12:18 PM

I'm not a fan of mud/splash guards either. But, I guess it would be the best alternative to having mud, tar or debris along the lower rear quarter.

Leo was just talking about getting some guards too. There was rubber flung all along the lower panel from his last trip to the track (not from him, but from the cars prior at the burnout area).

I do have mud flaps on my Taco though.
Old 12/18/06, 12:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

"Rayman" posted on his thread saying he got those at his local dealership for $5 a piece. I'm planning on getting them and putting them on when I go to the track or when theres rain in the forecast. For you lazy ones here's the direct link to Rayman's post on the subject.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...4&postcount=76
--------------
Pics of the new rotors. For the full gallery click on the link in my sig.

---------
Tom here's a pic of the door trim you asked for.
Old 12/18/06, 01:00 PM

Summit has my gears for $209.88.
Anyone know what the difference between the G410A and the G410M? Could it be as simple as Automatic and Manual?

Now it's just a question of how much my shop will charge for the install.

I'll put this down as one of my projects for the 1st Quarter of next year.
Old 12/18/06, 01:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Don't know how much they'll charge you but from what I've seen the hourly estimate is about four. So multiply that by whatever the shops hourly rate is. I know DPR here in SD qouted me at $390.
Old 12/18/06, 01:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

I can understand not liking the guards. I live in an apartment and have to go to my parents house to was/wax/whatever my car. For me it's only once a week and as an example I need to go to a cruise on Wednesday and anything I can to help keep it a little cleaner is a plus for me. AND they're subtle enough, IMO, not to look too bad, but I reserve the right to change my mind.

210 for the gears is a pretty good price, although I think I've seen them below 200 but not by much. A vs. M Gears are one of those things that it's best left to have someone else replace.

After the C&L/SCT combo the 4:10s will probably be the next performance mod for me. I want to work on Tint/Lowering and the GT/CS front Fascia before the gears though
Old 12/18/06, 02:02 PM

... I need to go to a cruise on Wednesday
Talkin' bout the Mustang Cafe in Torrance?

If so, I'll be there! Don't forget to bring an unwrapped gift for the Toy Drive.
Old 12/18/06, 02:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

And Now For Something Completely Different...

Anyone following the FRPP/Whipple Install progress in the GT Perf section ??

This is the latest vid and WOW !!!

If I was gonna spend 8K + on my car that'd be the ticket.
Old 12/18/06, 02:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Talkin' bout the Mustang Cafe in Torrance?

If so, I'll be there! Don't forget to bring an unwrapped gift for the Toy Drive.
Yeah !! I went to the Christmas/Holiday Party Saturday and had a blast and decided to donate another toy at the Cruise !!
Old 12/18/06, 02:53 PM

Yeah !! I went to the Christmas/Holiday Party Saturday and had a blast and decided to donate another toy at the Cruise !!
Yeah, Jon called me up Friday asking me why I didn't sign up for the X-mas party. Told him that I already had plans with the family, so no can do. But, I did tell him that I'll make it to the Cafe.

Win any raffle prizes?
Old 12/18/06, 03:00 PM

This is the latest vid and WOW !!!

If I was gonna spend 8K + on my car that'd be the ticket.
Broken link. Here's the right link.

I like it!
Old 12/18/06, 03:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Yeah, Jon called me up Friday asking me why I didn't sign up for the X-mas party. Told him that I already had plans with the family, so no can do. But, I did tell him that I'll make it to the Cafe.

Win any raffle prizes?
No But about the only thing that looked good to me was the mini shop-vac that I'd use for the car... I did have a lot of tickets though. The grand prize at Midnight was a week in any ford off the Sunset Ford lot, but you had to be there to claim it.

That Whipple sure has me drooling. If I knew it wouldn't trash the life of the engine it'd be a serious contender for next years X-Mas gift to myself.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)