General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/06, 02:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember that car and that day. Has he added anything else considering that pic was taken more than 3 months ago???

I think that's the first time we met.
I don't swing that way.
Old 10/11/06, 02:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I remember that car and that day. Has he added anything else considering that pic was taken more than 3 months ago???

I think that's the first time we met.
I don't swing that way.
Yeah, a Shaker and UPR stuff.

I don't think he's added anything else, most likely will enter it as you see.

Yes, that was the first time we met, but you didn't bring the Mustang that day. And don't worry, we swing on different vines!
Old 10/11/06, 02:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

What about the other guy in your club with the black stang that has the painted chin spoiler and billet grill is he entering the show??
Old 10/11/06, 03:04 PM

What about the other guy in your club with the black stang that has the painted chin spoiler and billet grill is he entering the show??
That be Mike. His is an 05 and will be in the Modified Class (if he goes, I'll find out next Wed for sure).

His car is next to mine here:

More shots of his car from the QMX show.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_2057.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_2054.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_2051.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_2047.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_2052.jpg  

Old 10/11/06, 03:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Don't tell Mike but I'm not a big fan of his billet grills. Other than that the car looks sweet. What springs is he using because his looks way lower than yours. Although the suttle drop on yours is better IMO.
Old 10/11/06, 03:15 PM

Don't tell Mike but I'm not a big fan of his billet grills. Other than that the car looks sweet. What springs is he using because his looks way lower than yours. Although the suttle drop on yours is better IMO.
I'm telling! (j/k)

I'm glad people put on different mods on their cars. Imagine entering a show where everyone in your class has a Shaker sticking out from the hood?

Mike has the Eibach Pro kit installed.
Old 10/11/06, 03:18 PM
GTR Member

Here's a pic of the engine compartment after a VERY quick wipedown. I tried that NASCAR Ultra Shine on some of the rubber in the engine compartment. It worked great because it's a spray. This is the BEST stuff I've found for the tires... beats the Zaino Z-16 hands down and lasts for a long time. Also easier to apply being a spray.

It's the first time in awhile that I've put anything on the stock CAI tube, so it absorbed a lot of it, but it still looks blacker and cleaner than it did. The spray goes into all the nooks and crannies. It'll look better after a few more coats, like the Adams.

Then I wiped it on the engine cover and you can tell how wet and glossy it looks.

I didn't put anything on the shaker scoop... think I should try it? It's not like paint thinner or anything.

The sun was terrible for the picture...

Attachment 11474

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Mike has the Eibach Pro kit installed.
That's what I was going to guess... wasn't low enough for the Sportsline. We made the right choice, Bill, with the Ultra-Lites... nothing beats the ride.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3926.jpg  
Old 10/11/06, 03:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Looks a thousand times better already. Don't forget the black plastic on top of your headlights. Looks like you missed that.

Check out Tom's pic....
See where that hose from the radiator res goes?? I stuck my poster between that and the radiator cover. It stayed on there all day with no problems.
Old 10/11/06, 03:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I think you should try it on the scoop and on your chin spoiler.
Old 10/11/06, 04:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Info on where Brad got his show poster display.

Quote:
I was just wondering where you got that black stand for your car show poster display. It looks friggin sweet.

AfterthoughtsAuto.com. Be sure to get the Logo Screw Covers too.

It can hold three 8.5x11" sheets or one 10.5x23.5" sheet, which is what I use. FedEx/Kinko's can print one for ~$15.

I gotta have one of these before the car show. Not to expensive either.
Old 10/11/06, 04:18 PM
GTR Member

Looks a thousand times better already. Don't forget the black plastic on top of your headlights. Looks like you missed that.
Will do them right now.
Old 10/11/06, 04:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

. You crack me up.
Old 10/11/06, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Here's a pic of the engine compartment after a VERY quick wipedown.

I didn't put anything on the shaker scoop... think I should try it? It's not like paint thinner or anything.
In addition to the headlight supports that Leo pointed out, don't forget to condition the highlighted areas the day before the show.

I wouldn't put anything on the actual scoop until I get some Adam's spray.

NASCAR what? Make sure it's got some UV blockers in it before freely applying it all over your expensive tires, dash, and whatever else the sun hits.

edit: And please fix your red battery terminal cover, looks like someone just jumped you!
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-toms-engine-bay.jpg  
Old 10/11/06, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I was just wondering where you got that black stand for your car show poster display. It looks friggin sweet.

AfterthoughtsAuto.com. Be sure to get the Logo Screw Covers too.

It can hold three 8.5x11" sheets or one 10.5x23.5" sheet, which is what I use. FedEx/Kinko's can print one for ~$15.

I gotta have one of these before the car show. Not to expensive either.
Leo, that's $64.95 shipped (w/o the logo screws)... for a poster stand.

Tom- Figured how to display the QOOP poster on the car?
Old 10/11/06, 05:50 PM
GTR Member

edit: And please fix your red battery terminal cover, looks like someone just jumped you!
No, someone (me) just charged the battery. But, I did fix that before you mentioned it.

All those other places will be cleaned... remember, this was just a quick wipedown to test out the NASCAR Ultra Shine on stuff under the hood.

I don't like the Z-16 on the tires. Too dull for my liking. Michelin made stuff that was AWESOME, but now Auto Zone stopped carrying it, and I can't find it anywhere else. This NASCAR Ultra Shine does protect your tires (or whatever) from the sun, and makes the tires look very black and shiny.

This pic was taken right after washing the car and putting the NASCAR stuff on the tires, chin spoiler, etc:

Attachment 11487 compare to Attachment 11488

Tom- Figured how to display the QOOP poster on the car?
I'll have to see how thick they end up being after the foam backing. I may not get them both until tomorrow. My wife has a meeting and may not be able to get to the print center before they close.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3605.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0846a.jpg  
Old 10/11/06, 06:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo, that's $64.95 shipped (w/o the logo screws)... for a poster stand.
Yes but it's $64.95 that's sure to draw lots of attention to your car which equals the precious votes towards a trophy. I'm surprised I thought you'd be all over it.

Tom-can you get of close up of your chin spoiler so I can see the shine that was added with the nascar stuff. BTW the only difference I notice is that your car is white and the other is black.
Old 10/11/06, 06:16 PM
GTR Member

Tom-can you get of close up of your chin spoiler so I can see the shine that was added with the nascar stuff. BTW the only difference I notice is that your car is white and the other is black.
I'll take a picture tomorrow after a fresh coat. You don't notice how dull those tires are on the black car with no tire dressing?? They should be as black and shiny as the car itself.

LOST in 45 minutes for me!!
Old 10/11/06, 06:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hard to tell since your pic is in the shade. It's not fair that you get to watch Lost before me.
Old 10/11/06, 06:34 PM
GTR Member

Hard to tell since your pic is in the shade.
Shade or no shade, it's not hard to tell the difference between those two sets of tires. I had to wait for a little cloud cover or the glare off of the tires would have blinded anybody that looked at the picture.
Old 10/11/06, 08:17 PM

All those other places will be cleaned... remember, this was just a quick wipedown to test out the NASCAR Ultra Shine on stuff under the hood.
I understand that it was a quickie, just reminding you of some spots not to forget.
Just carry a little detail kit with you in the trunk for last minute detailing at the show.

I don't like the Z-16 on the tires. Too dull for my liking. Michelin made stuff that was AWESOME, but now Auto Zone stopped carrying it, and I can't find it anywhere else. This NASCAR Ultra Shine does protect your tires (or whatever) from the sun, and makes the tires look very black and shiny.
Too dull? Man, the Z16 is perfect! Who wants that shiny wet look that appears like it's ready to fling all over the place once the tire starts rolling? May as well use Armor All.

This pic was taken right after washing the car and putting the NASCAR stuff on the tires, chin spoiler, etc:

Compare the NASCAR U/S to this...

Now, tell me honestly, doesn't that tire look a show winner?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)