General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/6/06, 03:20 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom-That seems really pricey for a fuel door but hey it's your money. I don't think that "blemish" is worth $200
Heck, $139 is pricey for a fuel door, already! What's 65 more dollars?

I already have the pony plug and door pins. I had the a/c ***** but sent those back.
Duh, how did I miss that in your sig? Why did you send back the A/C *****? They match the interior perfectly and they look great in your car (I went searching in your Bucket).

So what are you saying about Bills and my setup???
The opposite of liking it, maybe? Actually, I had a K&N kit just like you guys in my automatic 2003 GT. I could hear that thing sucking air at normal cruising speed and it annoyed the crap out of me. I'm not talking about the WOT "WHAAAAAAAA" sucking sound (that sounds great). I'm talking about when you are driving 60 and need to speed up to 62 and give it light throttle. So, I didn't want to have anything to do with an aftermarket CAI on this car.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I went to a new vinyl graphics shop to see how much it would run to get something similar to Tom's hood graphic. Guy said it would run me 180-200 installed. OUCH!! The guy told me to take pics of my hood and give him measurements and that he'd be able to photoshop what it would look like for me. This shop was way better than the last but alot pricier. If I do get it the color will be a charcoal metallic. Have to chose between this and the chin spoiler for now.
Why don't you get it from Graphic-Express and put it on yourself? For another bottle of cleaner, maybe Bill will help you! (You'll need an extra set of hands, anyway.) It's only $70 - $80... only $100 for a custom color. He used my car as a template and it will be a PERFECT fit! You can do gaps like me, or no gaps and butt it right up to the trim ring on both sides. The curve of the graphic is made from the trim ring (I had an extra one that CDC sent me).
Old 10/6/06, 03:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Duh, how did I miss that in your sig? Why did you send back the A/C *****? They match the interior perfectly and they look great in your car (I went searching in your Bucket).

I thought they were to bulky looking.

Why don't you get it from Graphic-Express and put it on yourself? For another bottle of cleaner, maybe Bill will help you! (You'll need an extra set of hands, anyway.) It's only $70 - $80... only $100 for a custom color. He used my car as a template and it will be a PERFECT fit! You can do gaps like me, or no gaps and but it right up to the trim ring on both sides. The curve of the graphic is made from the trim ring (I had an extra one that CDC sent me

I want mine a little wider. Not as wide as the pic below and I want it to taper towards the front like yours. I want the center stripe to be as wide as the widest part of the trim ring (look at the parnelli saleen) and then have the pinstripe around it. Make sense?? Thoughts? Opinions?
Old 10/6/06, 03:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Maybe since I want a custom color anyway I can explain to the guy at "graphic-express" that I want it a little wider. I wonder if he'll do that?
Old 10/6/06, 03:50 PM
GTR Member

I want the center stripe to be as wide as the widest part of the trim ring (look at the parnelli saleen) and then have the pinstripe around it. Make sense?? Thoughts? Opinions?
So you want the center fat stripe to go up and ride the edges of the trim ring, and then a pinstripe on each side? That may be a difficult install (would have been easier if done before the trim ring was in place).

Maybe since I want a custom color anyway I can explain to the guy at "graphic-express" that I want it a little wider. I wonder if he'll do that?
You can call and find out... or there is a custom order form you can fill out and explain what you want.
Old 10/6/06, 03:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ok I just figured out how I want it. Looking at this pic of your car Imagine the "fat stripe" and the pinstripe were all one piece. Then have the pinsstripe around that. Get it? That seems like an easy enough modification for graphicexpress to pull off.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...l/DSCN3678.jpg

Any chance you could do a quick photoshop of that?
Old 10/6/06, 04:04 PM
GTR Member

Ok I just figured out how I want it. Looking at this pic of your car Imagine the "fat stripe" and the pinstripe were all one piece. Then have the pinsstripe around that. Get it? That seems like an easy enough modification for graphicexpress to pull off.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...l/DSCN3678.jpg

Any chance you could do a quickphoto shop of that?
I'm not the PhotoChop expert... Daryl is.

You can call them and ask them if they can do it.

You know how I am... I want things the way they are supposed to be (based on previous year models). So, that why I have the stripes the way I do.

Might look good your way, too, but you're right, you would have to have somebody PhotoChop it for you to see first.
Old 10/6/06, 04:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

DARYL???? COME OUT COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE.
Old 10/6/06, 04:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

"Why don't you get it from Graphic-Express and put it on yourself? For another bottle of cleaner, maybe Bill will help you! (You'll need an extra set of hands, anyway...."

Bill's probably thinking....Shut up Tom don't give him any ideas!
Old 10/6/06, 04:17 PM
GTR Member

"Why don't you get it from Graphic-Express and put it on yourself? For another bottle of cleaner, maybe Bill will help you! (You'll need an extra set of hands, anyway...."

I was thinking that, too!

Here's the Qoop poster I ordered with all my '06 pictures in my Photobucket. I opted for less pictures (448) than Bill, and also a black background:

Attachment 10951

I'm cutting it close to getting it by the MOSI show.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-draw_image.php.jpg  
Old 10/6/06, 04:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Looks good you can always buy another one later on down the road when you have even more pics. It only costs $10 plus shipping right???
Old 10/6/06, 04:28 PM
GTR Member

Yes... shipping was $5.36 for me for Priority Mail. I'll probably get it next Saturday when I'm in Tampa!

Speaking of Tampa, the first 100 pre-registrations get a free T-shirt. I asked the guy running the show if I made it and I got a reply today:

Originally Posted by ChrisM
Tom, you made the cut! Your cars were registrations # 90 & 91. See you there.
This won't be as big as the Queen Mary X show, but 150-200 cars will still be a nice turn out.
Old 10/6/06, 06:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not a bad turnout. Final count for the San Diego show was 250 cars.
Old 10/6/06, 06:36 PM
GTR Member

Not a bad turnout. Final count for the San Diego show was 250 cars.
I find that I would rather stay by my car all day than walk around and look at other cars. I will make one quick round in case there is something interesting to see, (but I'm usually checking out breasteses more than cars. )

Funny: I put "breasteses" in my dictionary, and it came back and said "Did you mean 'breastless'?". I most certainly did not!

OK, ahem, back to topic...
Old 10/6/06, 08:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

BEFORE - - - - - - - - - AFTER
Attachment 10973Attachment 10974

Did I get what you were looking for or did you want the pinstripe to go all the way around the shaker ring?
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3678.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-test.jpg  
Old 10/6/06, 08:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

it's great to hear the tires chirp all the way through third.
Mine has ALWAYS done that
Old 10/6/06, 08:36 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
BEFORE - - - - - - - - - AFTER
Attachment 10973Attachment 10974

Did I get what you were looking for or did you want the pinstripe to go all the way around the shaker ring?
I think he wants the pinstripe all the way around it.

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Mine has ALWAYS done that
I can barely chirp in 2nd since these stupid tires are so good. When you floor it in 2nd after coming out of winding it out in 1st, the rear end just squats itself down and the car takes off. That's before the tune, though! Bill and I were discussing this just a few days ago. I did the math based on the treadware numbers, and my tires have about 46% more grip over the stock tires. Either that, or the stock tires have 46% less grip than my tires. Not exactly sure how to say it correctly.

That's good for traction...
but sucks for playing around!

Something to think about when getting aftermarket rims and/or tires (Leo, Daryl, Bill).

Hence, my ribbing here:

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
If I want to pitch it sideways, I'll put my stock tires back on.
Old 10/6/06, 09:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Bill- I ordered the three pack of that adams spray. If you want one I'll give you one for free. Good job on the How-to.

BTW-I tried out my 87 tune today. Two words f'in sweet...
Thank you Leo! I'll gladly accept a can of Adam's.

And thanks for the kudos on my 'How To (upload tune)' thread. I'll be posting my 'Hotlinks' thread real soon. My title will link to it later.
I mentioned already to Tom, but I'm going to add a little blurb on how to upload more than one tune, per Doug's request. Guess several customers kept loading their other tunes into the same File Position!

Yeah, shut-up Tom, stop giving away my labor.

I'll be happy to give you a hand, Leo (WITH THE STRIPE!). I have around 10 hours of experience with vinyl decals under my belt.

I can barely chirp in 2nd since these stupid tires are so good.
Quit blaming your tires! I know they grip well, but put them on my car and I'll Bob Marley them!

btw- I loaded the 91 RACE Tune today. All I have to say is . It's a neck snapper, no joke.
Old 10/6/06, 09:33 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Quit blaming your tires! I know they grip well, but put them on my car and I'll Bob Marley them!
When I get that 93R tune, I'll do the same! Maybe even with the 93T tune...
I want to see you chirp in 3rd in my car with the stock tune.

When do we get the video for the 91R??
Old 10/6/06, 09:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
When I get that 93R tune, I'll do the same! Maybe even with the 93T tune...
That 91/93R is extremely 'snappy' at 3k RPM's in 2nd, I kid you not! It's like slingshotting out from the apex of a turn on a track.

I want to see you chirp in 3rd in my car with the stock tune.
Chirp 3rd with the sticky BFG's in stock tune form... I don't think so.

When do we get the video for the 91R??
Hey, I want to see you guys video! My luck may soon run out!
Old 10/6/06, 10:00 PM
GTR Member

That 91/93R is extremely 'snappy' at 3k RPM's in 2nd, I kid you not! It's like slingshotting out from the apex of a turn on a track.
I can't wait! Even though I'm going to go through the steps, first, starting with the 87P. How "dangerous" is the R really? Uncontrollable from a stop light like Doug suggests?

Chirp 3rd with the sticky BFG's in stock tune form... I don't think so.
Finally, we agree...

Hey, I want to see you guys video! My luck may soon run out!
I was going to warn you! You don't want your car taken away from you just for peeling out. Over here we just get a ticket.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)