General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/10, 10:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm workin my Skull Vodka for the past 2 months only down 2"
now I look or read I think I was to save the bottle for Dec 21/2012 ?

The Mayans were a race of highly gifted astronomers and mathematicians. Their legend told of 13 crystal skulls that would avert the catastrophe that man would cause. Using their knowledge of planetary and galactic progressions, the Mayans were able to record a time and date for this event - winter solstice, 21st December 2012.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-skull-1.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-skull-2.jpg  

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 2/21/10 at 12:16 PM.
Old 2/20/10, 11:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt

Pretty **** clean !
Well at least the selonoid looks new.
Old 2/20/10, 11:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sorry missed that toss in a 5.4 & your good !
Old 2/21/10, 12:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Well at least the selonoid looks new.
Old 2/21/10, 12:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks guys

For me the fact that the interior is in great shape and overall the truck isn't trashed and it's less than 2K, it's clean for the age, mileage and price. A truck for 2K here in LA is going to be a POS. The engine bay looks like hell, but the motor or trans has never been torn apart, so everything is numbers matching and all completely original. Nothing a little hard work wouldn't fix. Another biggie is factory AC and power brakes, not standard options for that year. In fact power disc brakes weren't a standard until 1972. So having these options on this early of a truck is a huge bonus, IMO.

Talked to the guy today. It's been in his family, G-pa ordered the truck from Ford in 1968. He has all the original manuals and documentation for the truck, in a binder, from when it was purchased. His G-pa drove it daily until he passed away seven years ago. The tires are new, only 4K miles on them and the carb and brakes were rebuilt/done in the last couple of years.

I can't wait to get it here.
Old 2/21/10, 02:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice truck brain!!! I see some mod parties in the future! I know I need to re do my front suspension ASAP!!!
Old 2/21/10, 02:20 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
nice truck brian, looks to be in great shape!
Old 2/21/10, 04:04 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Very strange thing happened today. One of Marianne's sisters was doing some research about their dad (Claude Brown) who was an engineer and RC airplane designer/builder. She ran across this archive of photos from the 60's that blew me away when I saw the captions. There he was with two guys with my family last name (and my first name!). So my wife's father knew a man with my name 45 years ago, wow! I wonder if there are any relations?

http://library.bbhc.org/cdm4/item_vi...ISOBOX=1&REC=4

And just on a side note... Marianne's uncle Scott was a test pilot and designer for the X-15 rocket in the 50's and was the first person to travel twice the speed of sound. He competed against Chuck Yeager testing rocket powered aircraft. What a history! He would jump into his Cessna and fly all over the country... in his 80's! I got to meet him once before he died in an aircraft crash.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/267536_crossfield21.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Scott_Crossfield
Very interesting!

Originally Posted by habu
Well, it looks like I just bought a DD. A 1968 F250 2WD. It's about 1800 bucks and pretty **** clean. I'll be the second owner. I'll post pics up later.

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s...uck/?start=all

First mod? 4bbl intake & holley carb
Congrats!

Pretty **** clean !
Old 2/21/10, 09:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Nice truck brain!!! I see some mod parties in the future! I know I need to re do my front suspension ASAP!!!
Thanks
woohoo mod parties ... that can only mean one thing... Pizza and Beer. Oh and maybe working on the car

Last edited by habu; 2/21/10 at 09:31 AM.
Old 2/21/10, 09:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

is there a dif between say a car & a truck when calling a specific vehicle out ?
ex: I'm going to mod my car can it be a car or truck & I'm going to mod my truck does it have to be a truck or can it be a car to ?
Old 2/21/10, 11:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Nah, not really. The thing is that we get to hang out, shoot the **** with your buddies working on the (car/truck) and then enjoying some pizza and beer.

Thing is whether it's my truck or George's Fox body, we're gonna get a whole lot dirtier than we ever did working on our Mustangs

but that's why they make soap
Old 2/21/10, 11:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Nah, not really. The thing is that we get to hang out, shoot the **** with your buddies working on the (car/truck) and then enjoying some pizza and beer.

Thing is whether it's my truck or George's Fox body, we're gonna get a whole lot dirtier than we ever did working on our Mustangs

but that's why they make soap
Makes perfect sense I was just being a turd sorry ! I knew what you meant , Quality time is the bestest part of the whole deal & if you can get Bill to hold off on that Skull Vodka it's not too bad lol
Old 2/21/10, 12:06 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
one word: gojo!

working on older stuff gets you dirty in no time, especially if you dont have to get sterilized and don surgical gear to work on your car, like you would with the TR
Old 2/21/10, 12:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks
woohoo mod parties ... that can only mean one thing... Pizza and Beer. Oh and maybe working on the car
No pizza or beer for you.
Old 2/21/10, 12:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

A lot here have the Pioneer AVIC-700bt correct ?
it's been so long that I want to hack mine to get like msn on it & stuff , ! has anyone done it , is it easy ? I'm looking on AVIC411.com now but I thought getting it from the horses mouth , just maybe faster than to beat a dead horse lol Thank-You .
Old 2/21/10, 01:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Makes perfect sense I was just being a turd sorry ! I knew what you meant , Quality time is the bestest part of the whole deal & if you can get Bill to hold off on that Skull Vodka it's not too bad lol
No worries

If we can get Bill to bring the Vodka, then that's a bonus

Originally Posted by StangMahn
one word: gojo!

working on older stuff gets you dirty in no time, especially if you dont have to get sterilized and don surgical gear to work on your car, like you would with the TR
Ya know what works better for me.... Borax powder. The regular cream or liquid based soap won't get the crap outta the cracks in the skin the way boraxo does. Then again I think it's because it takes that layer of skin off

Yeah.... Bill'd have a heartattack if the TR was 1/8th as dirty as that F250 is gonna be

Originally Posted by Ray Man
No pizza or beer for you.
.... I can have a taste
it's been so long that I want to hack mine to get like msn on it & stuff , ! has anyone done it , is it easy ? I'm looking on AVIC411.com now but I thought getting it from the horses mouth , just maybe faster than to beat a dead horse lol Thank-You .
I think you have to have the 900 to get MSN, the rest of the hacking is pretty simple. Get a SD card and find the mod that is all inclusive with an installer. you basically start the car/radio up with the SD card (with the mod) installed and it copies the files over. Once it's done you gotta close a window (the OS is Windows CE) and restart the radio/shut down the car, restart everything (it takes awhile longer on first bootup) then you're good to go.

Ill see if I can find the place with the mods.

Last edited by habu; 2/21/10 at 01:22 PM.
Old 2/21/10, 01:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Brian or Leo might be able to help. Mine's bone stock.

This thread is hilarious! Guy traded his GT-500 for a Z06 (supposedly):

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5443

This is the original post and one of my favorite replies...

"FIRST OF ALL THIS IS A GREAT SITE. LOTS OF USEFUL INFORMATION FROM KNOWLEDGEABLE PASSINATE PEOPLE THAT LOVE THEIR GT500. THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT MAKE THIS SITE SO GOOD. I ENJOYED MY 2009 GT500 (COLD AIRINTAKE, PULLEY, PLUGS, FORD RACING EXHAUST, SUPERSNAKE WHEELS, NITO TIRES, AND CUSTON TUNE) BUT I WANTED A Z06. I SHOPPED AROUND FOR 3 MONTHS, FOUND A CHEV. DEALER THAT HAD A Z06 WITH 1300 MILES. I LOVE THIS CAR!!! IT IS BONE STOCK AND TRULY AMAZING FROM THE FIT AND FINISH, TO THE POWER, TO THE HANDLING. THE TECHNOLOGY THAT WENT INTO THIS CAR IS TREMENDOUS. CAR ONLY WEIGHS 3180lbs. FRAME IS MADE FROM ALUMINUM THAT WEIGHS ONLY 278lbs. IT HAS A MAGNESIUM ROOF. THE BREAKS ON THIS CAR ARE INCREDIBLE. POWER TO WEIGHT RATION IS BETTER THAN MOST FARRARI's AND THE PORSHE 911 TURBO. LOOK AT WHAT THEY COST ($100,000-$150,000 MORE). TO ME THE Z06 IS A SUPERCAR BECAUSE OF THE PRICE AND WHERE THEY MADE, BOWLING GREEN KENTUCKY.(AMERICA)!! I AM NOT A GT500 HATER LIKE I SAID I ENJOYED MINE BUT WANTED MORE. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING A GT500 NEXT TO ME ON THE ROAD! GOOD LUCK TO THEM BECAUSE THEY WILL NEED IT."

The Reply... "FIXED-

FIRST OF ALL THIS IS A GREAT SITE. LOTS OF USEFUL INFORMATION FROM KNOWLEDGEABLE PASSINATE PEOPLE THAT LOVE THEIR GT500. THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT MAKE THIS SITE SO GOOD. I ENJOYED MY 2009 GT500 (PINK SEAT COVERS, CB ANTENNA, CURB FEELERS, 10 FOOT WING, 9" EXHAUT TIPS, WIDE BODY KIT)

BUT I WANTED A CHEVETTE. I SHOPPED AROUND FOR 3 MONTHS, FOUND A CHEV. DEALER THAT HAD A Z06 WITH 1300000 MILES. I LOVE THIS CAR!!! IT IS BONE STOCK AND TRULY AMAZING FROM THE FIT AND FINISH, TO THE POWER, TO THE HANDLING. THE TECHNOLOGY THAT WENT INTO THIS CAR IS TREMENDOUS. CAR ONLY WEIGHS 7180lbs. FRAME IS MADE FROM SCHWINN PARTS THAT WEIGHS ONLY 278lbs BECAUSE OF RUST. IT HAS A MAYONAISE ROOF. THIS CAR BREAKS DOWN INCREDIBLELY. POWER TO WEIGHT RATION IS BETTER THAN MOST PINTOS AND THE PORSHE 924. LOOK AT WHAT THEY COST ($100,000-$150,000 MORE). TO ME THE CHEVETTE IS A SUPERCAR BECAUSE OF MY SMALL GENITALS AND WHERE THEY MADE, BOWLING GREEN KENTUCKY.(AMERICA)!! BECAUS GT%)) MADE IN CHINA BY 3 YEAR OLD BLIND SLAVES. I AM NOT A GT500 HATER LIKE I SAID I ENJOYED MINE BUT I COULDNOT HANDLE POWER. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING A GT500 NEXT TO ME ON THE ROAD WHN IM BROKEN DOWN! GOOD LUCK TO ME BECAUSE THEY I NEED IT."

Old 2/21/10, 01:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

TO ME THE CHEVETTE IS A SUPERCAR BECAUSE OF MY SMALL GENITALS AND WHERE THEY MADE,
Funny def gots a screw loose
Old 2/21/10, 01:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Old 2/21/10, 03:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I volunteer to keep her warm! Yes zoom is possible!
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-kelly_brook_rocky_1280x1024.jpg  

Last edited by JedCranium; 2/21/10 at 03:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)