Your a shoe-in!

http://www.ultimatemustangmakeover.com/
Old 2/12/10, 11:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope the trade was worth it.
Um, yeah...

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Well, since you had it coming and no one is exempt from POTR hazing...

I found a picture of your date from that evening

LMAO!
Old 2/12/10, 11:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
start with a 4-bolt 429 block, punch it out to 514... make 600hp with the stock heads... I could live with that

btw... a 429 is not a windsor block, it's a Lima if anything, but it's the 385 family. It's cool that they're pushing out 351w's that big, but it's still not a big-block.

But a 351 Cleveland is
Old 2/12/10, 11:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man
Cool I could have two unltimate stangs!

Last edited by JedCranium; 2/13/10 at 12:00 AM.
Old 2/13/10, 12:06 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by habu
start with a 4-bolt 429 block, punch it out to 514... make 600hp with the stock heads... I could live with that

btw... a 429 is not a windsor block, it's a Lima if anything, but it's the 385 family. It's cool that they're pushing out 351w's that big, but it's still not a big-block.

But a 351 Cleveland is
You might like this then...

385>

Old 2/13/10, 01:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Cool I could have two unltimate stangs!
What?
Old 2/13/10, 01:46 AM
Cobra Member

But a 351 Cleveland is
You learn something new everyday

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
In all honesty I am dropping in a 460 with 6-71 blower in my 93 Fox
Nice!
Old 2/14/10, 12:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Whew I am beat. Spent 12 hours at the Winternationals with Jed today and had an absolutely fantastic time.

This was a huge day for me personally too. It's the first time I've walked or stood any significant time/distance without any lower back pain in about 10 years.

Never wanted to go to SEMA because I was always bothered that I couldn't walk far or stand long, that no longer is a problem

The racing... What a wild day. It's the 50th anniversary of the Winternats and they brought out all the old-time cars that were special or important to drag racing. Apparently about 80 nostalgic cars They even had a 19-20 car cacklefest (all running at the same time, all on nitro) and an eight car Nostalgic Funny Car field. Between two nostalgic cars oiling the track, a pretty bad barrel-rolling dragsters at the top-end and a nasty looking Funny Car fire, the final qualifying round was pushed pretty late. Which is always good news because the track is cooler, the air is better and HEADER FLAMES

All-in-all a great day. If I could go tomorrow I would, if only because I'd know that I could. Bring on the World Finals baby

It's days like today, that I live for

p.s.... did I mention that I took a Hefty enough gulp of nitro during a warm-up in the pits I almost puked I F**king love nitro. Got the vid of the car, which I'll post with the other vids/pics. Just remember at the end, ol' habu was about to upchuck a pinks chili dog

Last edited by habu; 2/14/10 at 12:21 AM.
Old 2/14/10, 01:00 AM
Cobra Member

Whew I am beat. Spent 12 hours at the Winternationals with Jed today and had an absolutely fantastic time.

This was a huge day for me personally too. It's the first time I've walked or stood any significant time/distance without any lower back pain in about 10 years.

Never wanted to go to SEMA because I was always bothered that I couldn't walk far or stand long, that no longer is a problem

The racing... What a wild day. It's the 50th anniversary of the Winternats and they brought out all the old-time cars that were special or important to drag racing. Apparently about 80 nostalgic cars They even had a 19-20 car cacklefest (all running at the same time, all on nitro) and an eight car Nostalgic Funny Car field. Between two nostalgic cars oiling the track, a pretty bad barrel-rolling dragsters at the top-end and a nasty looking Funny Car fire, the final qualifying round was pushed pretty late. Which is always good news because the track is cooler, the air is better and HEADER FLAMES

All-in-all a great day. If I could go tomorrow I would, if only because I'd know that I could. Bring on the World Finals baby

It's days like today, that I live for

p.s.... did I mention that I took a Hefty enough gulp of nitro during a warm-up in the pits I almost puked I F**king love nitro. Got the vid of the car, which I'll post with the other vids/pics. Just remember at the end, ol' habu was about to upchuck a pinks chili dog
Sounds like you guys had a blast! I'm glad to hear Brian 2.0 is doing much better
Old 2/14/10, 01:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks. Brian 2.0 is definitely doing well.

A blast is an understatement. While it was a LOOOoooong day, it was a great day. Weather was unbeatable mid-70s & perfect blue sky and great racing. Once I run through the pics and put together a vid I'll post 'em.

If you ever want to check it out one time, at least, you are more than welcome to come along. The more the merrier.

OK teaser pics.... Just a couple

Old 2/14/10, 01:41 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks. Brian 2.0 is definitely doing well.

A blast is an understatement. While it was a LOOOoooong day, it was a great day. Weather was unbeatable mid-70s & perfect blue sky and great racing. Once I run through the pics and put together a vid I'll post 'em.

If you ever want to check it out one time, at least, you are more than welcome to come along. The more the merrier.

OK teaser pics.... Just a couple

Ditto to a fantastic day! Man I am beat also so much to do and see at an event like this I could easily see how you could spend days here. Drag racing is one of the few sports that allows you to get real close to the sport. It's not unusual to walk right up to your favorite team and watch them tear down a motor. Habu is right about the toxic nitromethane dang I was about to collapse when we stood feet away from a funny car on a test start up. It's amazing how these driver are able to control these cars the experience is F'n violent as they go down the track at 300+ mph. I'll post pictures tomorrow there still downloading to the PC. This beeatch needs his beauty sleep!

Jed

Here are a few pictures...

It was cool to shoot this again with a modern DSLR vs my film Instamatic!

Since it was 50 year celebration they brought out some old school STEEL!

A little tire change competition! Woods Brothers look out!

Okay head intake port left Cobra Jet right stock.

Eye candy...

PINKS!

Pre lock up...

Habu experiencing NitroMethane exposure...

Habu buying a...

POWER!

Some old school stuff...

John Force watching Courteny

Got an autograph from Bob Tasco III, we missed his mom Jayne she was in Arizona. No problem there's always next year!

Jed

Link to more>

Last edited by JedCranium; 2/14/10 at 02:13 PM.
Old 2/14/10, 04:05 PM
Cobra Member

I'll leave that door open just in case I ever decide to but being sick doesn't sound so appealing The flames and eye candy on the other hand

You can definitely see the difference now
Old 2/14/10, 04:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Great pics guys!

Brian, glad to hear you're becoming more mobile. But hey, are you supposed to be eating that sh*t? Just looking out for you bro.
Old 2/14/10, 09:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Dangerous news!

Temptation>
Old 2/14/10, 09:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Great Pics Jed Every-single-one of the pics I took in "P" are underexposed Some of the later in the day shots are ok when I went to the auto mode, but even during mid-day it everything is super dark, checking them after shooting I thought it was because it was so bright out there and it was washing out the display operator error I guess

I'll leave that door open just in case I ever decide to but being sick doesn't sound so appealing The flames and eye candy on the other hand
The getting sick part is only for the crazies that get next to a motor and stay there once they flip over to nitro (motors are started on methanol), like me. If pinks didn't trash the stomach I wouldn't have been getting sick, it's that you just can't breath, eyes water and nose stings.. man it's the freaking best

You can definitely see the difference now
Thanks
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Great pics guys!

Brian, glad to hear you're becoming more mobile. But hey, are you supposed to be eating that sh*t? Just looking out for you bro.
No but it was the most innocent thing there. Even then I only had about half. Probably should have had a slice of pizza or something. Thanks for keeping an eye, but you are right I shouldn't have been trying that.

You ba$tard ... I have that money, right now sitting in the bank... truck/dd or short block..... truck/dd or short block

Since my movie date didn't go into the evening as planned ...

I'll see if I can put up on youtube a couple of the vids tonight.
Old 2/14/10, 10:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Great Pics Jed Every-single-one of the pics I took in "P" are underexposed Some of the later in the day shots are ok when I went to the auto mode, but even during mid-day it everything is super dark, checking them after shooting I thought it was because it was so bright out there and it was washing out the display operator error I guess

You ba$tard ... I have that money, right now sitting in the bank... truck/dd or short block..... truck/dd or short block
Humm strange on those exposures, don't trash them yet I can show you some tricks in PhotoShop that can take those pictures from the dead and you won't know they were adjusted/corrected.

FORD RACING has dropped the cost on their blocks and short block combinations. I'm going to find out through a FORD contact if it can be further discounted if so...humm.

Off Topic Cool Idea>

Last edited by JedCranium; 2/14/10 at 10:30 PM.
Old 2/14/10, 10:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Humm strange on those exposures, don't trash them yet I can show you some tricks in PhotoShop that can take those pictures from the dead and you won't know they were adjusted/corrected.

FORD RACING has dropped the cost on their blocks and short block combinations. I'm going to find out through a FORD contact if it can be further discounted if so...humm.

I have the originals all burned to dvd, hoping you would know what to do

As much as I'd LOVE to get a short block, the reasonable, rational side of me is saying get the truck. Besides I have a plan and once in place I'll get what I want it just may take a little longer.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)