Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/10, 10:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
anyone else not ready for Monday ?
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Jed.. Good idea on the trash bags, though a little OCD.

edit.. Yeah, Mondays suck.
Monday's are my Sunday's.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
A little OCD?!?!?!
Old 2/1/10, 01:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

This looks cool... make your iPhone into a iRemote.

http://l5remote.com/

Old 2/1/10, 01:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool shots! I want a copies (Full Res!) I'm down in San Diego right now just thought I would take a peek at TMS! Where's Leo when you need him.

J
Old 2/1/10, 01:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Jed-Just sent you a text
Old 2/1/10, 02:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ray Man
This looks cool... make your iPhone into a iRemote.

http://l5remote.com/
Just what I need, 1 more remote on the table.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Jed-Just sent you a text
Sounds like a date.
Old 2/1/10, 09:44 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
ok POTR, here's the recipe...

original:

1/2 lb ground beef
4 to 6 slices of bacon, chopped
1/2 c chopped onion
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c ketchup
1/4 c bottled BBQ sauce
1 T mustard
2 T molasses
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp pepper
bit of salt (how do you like that for southern measurements?)
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can pork and beans
1 can lima or pinto beans

cook ground beef and bacon in skillet until lightly browned...pour off excess fat, combind that with remaining ingredients and turn into a big casserole dish. Heat at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until bubbly.
that's for more of a baked beans recipe...I turn it into more of a chili and beans

For my crock pot, I use 2 lbs of ground beef, 6 slices of bacon, cut into thirds, 1 can of pork and beans, 2 cans of kidney beans, 2 cans northern beans (you can use limas), and 2 can's of chili beans. For spice I add onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder (family secret ingredient...for everything, haha), some oregano, salt, pepper, and a bit of cinnamon, as well as some ketchup, lots of BBQ sauce (hotter), and a bit of hot sauce on occasion.

When I brown the hambuger, I brown the hamburger, putting on salt, pepper, garlic salt, chili powder, and oregano...then put in the bacon, and let it all simmer down. I leave a bit of the fat in there to hit the bacon with some extra flavor, draining it all off before putting it in the crock pot. I usually put in one can of the beans (I drain most of the liquid out of the canes, but you want a little bit to be part of the sauce), then the hambuger and bacon, then another layer of beans and the seasoning, seems to mix better that way.

Here's some pics:

you can certainly add peppers and chili's if you want it hot, but I like it the best this way out of the way I've had it. It's got a bit of kick from the ingredients, but wont have you icing burns on the butt-o-meter. Add on some grated cheese, and it's worthy. Not to mention, after a bowl full, you'll be stuffed!

edit: I didnt use the baked beans
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-s5030614.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-s5030615.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-s5030616.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-s5030619.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-s5030620.jpg  

Ponies on The Run (Again)-s5030621.jpg  

Last edited by StangMahn; 2/1/10 at 09:48 PM.
Old 2/1/10, 11:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just got back from CPK with Jed. We had a ****ing feast. The table looked like a family of four had eaten by the time we were done. To top it off we got the VIP treatment once they found out Jed was from corporate. The manager came out and kissed his *** for about half an hour.

Jed-Once again thanks for the food and beer. The wife said thank you for providing her lunch for tomorrow.
Old 2/2/10, 12:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Just got back from CPK with Jed. We had a ****ing feast. The table looked like a family of four had eaten by the time we were done. To top it off we got the VIP treatment once they found out Jed was from corporate. The manager came out and kissed his *** for about half an hour.

Jed-Once again thanks for the food and beer. The wife said thank you for providing her lunch for tomorrow.
Yo Yo! I just walked in the house it's 11:50 dang I was beat! I was losing it on that dark hwy but I made it home in one piece. My pleasure Leo glad you had a good time at CPK. SD is my kind of town! Wi'll have to plan a POTR micro beer pub crawl, maybe even take the train down I think that would be an adventure!
Old 2/2/10, 12:58 AM
Cobra Member

The problem with the forge is that the additional cost not quoted is any upgrade to the heat exchanger or IC resevoir as well as beefing up the POS 3650. I'd like to go to a 6060 but that's another 3+ grand.

but F**k it, it's only money, right ?
Why not replace the fluid, throw on the k-member brace and torque limiters before calling the POS 3650 quits

Originally Posted by JedCranium
After a short recon yesterday we did a little photo shoot @ Berth 261 in Long Beach Harbor. We also did a suspension height comparison ROUSH/STEEDA
How's the ride?

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Habu and I took a cruise up into the Angeles National Forest via Azusa Canyon Road today. What a gorgeous day!
Looks like a fun time

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
You'd need a wing man it all seemed to go as a pared operation lol Very good Both sets and would have been nice to see some performance white in there !
Hopefully I'm out there on the next gathering.

Old 2/2/10, 12:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
ok POTR, here's the recipe...

original:

that's for more of a baked beans recipe...I turn it into more of a chili and beans

For my crock pot, I use 2 lbs of ground beef, 6 slices of bacon, cut into thirds, 1 can of pork and beans, 2 cans of kidney beans, 2 cans northern beans (you can use limas), and 2 can's of chili beans. For spice I add onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder (family secret ingredient...for everything, haha), some oregano, salt, pepper, and a bit of cinnamon, as well as some ketchup, lots of BBQ sauce (hotter), and a bit of hot sauce on occasion.

When I brown the hambuger, I brown the hamburger, putting on salt, pepper, garlic salt, chili powder, and oregano...then put in the bacon, and let it all simmer down. I leave a bit of the fat in there to hit the bacon with some extra flavor, draining it all off before putting it in the crock pot. I usually put in one can of the beans (I drain most of the liquid out of the canes, but you want a little bit to be part of the sauce), then the hambuger and bacon, then another layer of beans and the seasoning, seems to mix better that way.

Here's some pics:

you can certainly add peppers and chili's if you want it hot, but I like it the best this way out of the way I've had it. It's got a bit of kick from the ingredients, but wont have you icing burns on the butt-o-meter. Add on some grated cheese, and it's worthy. Not to mention, after a bowl full, you'll be stuffed!

edit: I didnt use the baked beans

That looks great so Martha! Where's Duke?
Old 2/2/10, 01:14 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by superfly s197

How's the ride?

The ride! It's a lot stiffer then the ROUSH stage 2 suspension when I went through some major road ruts in the harbor I thought my teeth were falling out of my head. I'm still getting use to it, I think on a smooth track it will show it's promise. I might adjust then to full soft in 30 days if I don't get use to it by then. The car handles much better overall.

Last edited by JedCranium; 2/2/10 at 01:16 AM.
Old 2/2/10, 06:57 AM

...I turn it into more of a chili and beans
Looks great David!

But I bet you were Mr. Beantown Man lastnight.

Just got back from CPK with Jed.
Always fun going to CPK with Jed! VIP all the way!

We'll have to plan a POTR micro beer pub crawl, maybe even take the train down I think that would be an adventure!
Plan it and I'll be there!

The ride! It's a lot stiffer then the ROUSH stage 2 suspension when I went through some major road ruts in the harbor I thought my teeth were falling out of my head. I'm still getting use to it, I think on a smooth track it will show it's promise. I might adjust then to full soft in 30 days if I don't get use to it by then. The car handles much better overall.
I think you finally crossed that fine line from comfort to performance. No turning back now.. time for a K-Member!
Old 2/2/10, 07:11 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
cool jed! now you might be fastaaaa than chaaaaaaleeee and ze v6 supaaachaagaaa
Old 2/2/10, 08:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Why not replace the fluid, throw on the k-member brace and torque limiters before calling the POS 3650 quits
Because I'm F**king hardheaded that's why Will probably do the brace and limiters, if that shows potential then the rest will come.

Looks great David!

Always fun going to CPK with Jed! VIP all the way!

Plan it and I'll be there!
Yep, looks good David

CPK with Jed is a blast

Pub Crawl, that sounds like fun, last time I took the train it was 40-50 bucks for the upgraded car to SD. Round trip I believe.
cool jed! now you might be fastaaaa than chaaaaaaleeee and ze v6 supaaachaagaaa
^^ ^^
Old 2/2/10, 08:41 AM

Pub Crawl, that sounds like fun, last time I took the train it was 40-50 bucks for the upgraded car to SD. Round trip I believe.
That's not too bad of a price, can also do a little pre-partying on the train!
Old 2/2/10, 09:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

SD is my kind of town! Wi'll have to plan a POTR micro beer pub crawl, maybe even take the train down I think that would be an adventure!
Let's do it. Seems like you've peaked plenty of interest already.
Old 2/2/10, 09:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Since it's girl scout cookie season....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE9ApmS5Q0I

Old 2/2/10, 11:42 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Let's do it. Seems like you've peaked plenty of interest already.

Hey look...

That's the roundtrip price! Hummmm!

Old 2/2/10, 11:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey look...

That's the roundtrip price! Hummmm!
Do it!!! I'm jealous that I'll miss out on the train ride festivities.

Info on brewery tour pricing... (Private tour includes transportation, food, beer, souvenir glass)
http://www.brewerytoursofsandiego.co...l#grouppricing

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 2/2/10 at 11:58 AM.
Old 2/2/10, 12:15 PM

Do it!!! I'm jealous that I'll miss out on the train ride festivities.
Not if we all go when you're up in our hood for the weekend.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)