General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/09, 11:57 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
those red velvet cupcakes...I can taste the deliciousness from here!
Old 11/28/09, 11:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
I'm all for it! I heard topics of chili cook-offs, Cheesesteak sammiches, and home brews, so yeah, perfect time to get to get again!
Ya this sounds like fun we can make a homebrew how to! Chili throw down I'm in but were up against champs. Philly Cheesesteak sand bring it on!

I got you're hoagie roll!

Last edited by JedCranium; 11/29/09 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11/29/09, 12:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ray Man
I got an elephant for you!

Did you get fix your noise issues and how's the new swaybar for ya?
Funny, very funny.

Luis confirmed that it's likely the strut mount. I've been looking around and I think I'm going to end all of this PDQ. Steeda strut mounts and end links. Tired of ******* around with it and want to get it resolved once and for all.

I'm all for it! I heard topics of chili cook-offs, Cheesesteak sammiches, and home brews, so yeah, perfect time to get to get again!
Yeah, chili & cheesesteaks we can do, home brew is another beast altogether. Gotta get the equip first and foremost, then we can brew.

I thought all the Apple pricing was standard across the board?
Same here... that sucks Jed

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Ya this sounds like fun we can make a homebrew how to! Chili throw down I'm in but were up against champs. Philly Cheesesteak sand bring it on!

I got you're hoagie roll!

Unless someone else wants to host this or go to a 'place' to have it, I can talk to the 'rents and see what they say. I'll see if I can find a date and we can go from there. Dad wanted to make the Cheesesteaks but I convinced him to go Pizza, I really think he'd like to make them for everyone. Then some sort of Chili cookoff. We can make quite an afternoon/evening of it.
Old 11/29/09, 01:57 AM
Cobra Member

Had a great time at the Hamm Estate install party even though all the work was done before we got there.
You guys where around the corner, waiting for us (Brian) to finish the install

Great pics Bill

Ditto to TB's comments The Hamm's reminded us what this weeks all about great friends and great times to be thankful for!
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Bill - Cool! You've been talking about getting a torque wrench for a while now.

Originally Posted by habu
Want to say thanks for the POTR crew that showed up, Ray even made a short appearance. Thanks everyone it was great to have everyone over. It may have been a short-n-sweet install but the company and the food was excellent. Not pic'd is the wonderfull chicken, rice, guacamole that Bill, Pam and Kevin brought, then there was the cupcakes (they'll be gone soon). Way to go on the torque wrench Bill can't argue with tools

We ought to do a white elephant exchange to use as an excuse to bring everyone together again before the end of the year
Brian - A big thank you to you and your parents. Its always a pleasure to be over with such great hosts! Always enjoy your dad's stories and the conversations among the POTR crew. Thank you for the drive! The Sub Zero is a beast! Its funny how its less and less about the cars and more about hanging out.

Was Ray really there?

George - Wish you could have stayed longer but you have to make that CEO money Maybe next time you'll be prepared for the hawk

Luis confirmed that it's likely the strut mount. I've been looking around and I think I'm going to end all of this PDQ. Steeda strut mounts and end links. Tired of ******* around with it and want to get it resolved once and for all.
That's exactly how mine sounded. The Black Mamba on the other hand... well, she's just a b*tch

Leo - just drop off the mamba with your boy in SD and have him fix it. I have no idea what it is but lets hope its not getting worse.

p.s. I'm still laughing about the two-lane drift
Old 11/29/09, 02:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

We ought to do a white elephant exchange to use as an excuse to bring everyone together again before the end of the year
I'm in. Let's set it up.

Thanks again to the Hamm's for being awesome hosts as usual. As always had a great time with the POTR crew even though I felt a bit under the weather.

I think we need to redo that pala cruise again. Who's in?

Originally Posted by superfly s197
George - Wish you could have stayed longer but you have to make that CEO money Maybe next time you'll be prepared for the hawk

Leo - just drop off the mamba with your boy in SD and have him fix it. I have no idea what it is but lets hope its not getting worse.

p.s. I'm still laughing about the two-lane drift
+1 Next time take the day off. I think George was kind of bummed he didnt' get to shoot the hawk.

Yeah that's on my to do list along with getting the dam mirrors painted.

Anytime you want to go along for the sequel let me know.
Old 11/29/09, 03:48 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
sounds like an awesome time guys! wish I had some car folks around here to hang out with! that prius looks really out of place
Old 11/29/09, 08:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I'm in. Let's set it up.

I think we need to redo that pala cruise again. Who's in?

Anytime you want to go along for the sequel let me know.

Talked to mom&dad... they liked the idea, perhaps getting everyone to bring a dish, pot-luck kinda deal. They'll do the cheesesteak and then we'd have chili. Just have other dishes coming in and we'd be good to go.

I'd be in for the Pala cruise, but it'd have to be before the end of Dec or we wait until Late Jan/early Feb.

When you go out for the sequel, I want to be there with the vid camera for posterity
Old 11/29/09, 10:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Did a short cruise through Huntington, Newport and Balboa Beaches today. What a beautiful day it was!

Old 11/29/09, 10:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Cool new way to use our Mustangs!

Story HERE
Old 11/30/09, 02:09 AM
GT Member

Hope you guys had a great weekend I can see by the pics most of you guys did.
Luis please say it your just fawking with us saying you like the prius lol
I got to go to the SC vs Ucla game that was sweet drunk hot girls everywhere
Bill you cursed me when u said good luck with my dodge
Dammit I cant get a break with these cars two months old and has already spent a total of two weeks in the shop its turning into Al Bundys dodge
The kid that bough my off road x pipe had a nice black gt/cs dumped on 20" forged weld's
I dont know if I can go back to a another s197 since i sold most of my stuff
Old 11/30/09, 04:48 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

This morning we did a recon on a little breakfast place called The Park Bench. Looks like a great meeting place for the POTR crowd, Pre or Post a cruise or some other outing.

My eats...

Bill & Pam's eats...

The restaurant sits right next to the Huntington Beach Central Park. It's got nice walking paths and exercise stations.

We also came across a new Harbor Freight just up the street on Golden West...Question why do all Harbor Freight's smell the same?

I got a credit on my AppleTV unit from Best Buy and later I hooked it up. This unit is really cool, let's you play all of your media from multiple Mac's to your big screen via wireless (like I did over 802.11G) or LAN cable. The unit can handle 802.11N which is a newer protocol of wireless. You can search and play YouTube movies right from the unit and the SD vids look good and the HD vids look great. You can also order and store videos via Apple's ITunes site on the AppleTV unit. This product is kinda misunderstood until you have it then you realize how cool it is! I highly recommend it.

Started to make the stock for turkey soup today man the house smelled good!

While the soup was cooking I did a temp hookup of my PCV and intake lines. I'm waiting on a custom AN fitting that Custom Billet Works is making for me. For now my car is ready for this Saturday. Any of you guys going to C & C and/or John Force? Shelby has an event going on the 5th also from 12:00 to ?

Last edited by JedCranium; 11/30/09 at 05:05 AM.
Old 11/30/09, 08:01 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Did a short cruise through Huntington, Newport and Balboa Beaches today. What a beautiful day it was!
Ray! We missed you on Saturday! Didn't want to hang a bit longer til we came?

Cruise looked great, too bad we didn't know about it.

Originally Posted by leos06gtll
Bill you cursed me when u said good luck with my dodge
Not my fault! You're the one that picked a Dodge.

j/k Leo, time to trade it in for a Camry and get Toyota's legendary turn-key reliability.

This morning we did a recon on a little breakfast place called The Park Bench. Looks like a great meeting place for the POTR crowd, Pre or Post a cruise or some other outing.

I got a credit on my AppleTV unit from Best Buy and later I hooked it up. This unit is really cool, let's you play all of your media from multiple Mac's to your big screen via wireless (like I did over 802.11G) or LAN cable. ...I highly recommend it.

Started to make the stock for turkey soup today man the house smelled good!

Any of you guys going to C & C and/or John Force? Shelby has an event going on the 5th also from 12:00 to ?
Park Bench..

Apple TV..

T-Soup..

This weekend's events.. probably a no-go to CC/JF.
Old 11/30/09, 08:29 AM

Talked to mom&dad... they liked the idea, perhaps getting everyone to bring a dish, pot-luck kinda deal. They'll do the cheesesteak and then we'd have chili. Just have other dishes coming in and we'd be good to go.

I'd be in for the Pala cruise, but it'd have to be before the end of Dec or we wait until Late Jan/early Feb.
Sounds great! Only Saturday that doesn't work for me is the 19th. Same applies to Pala.

Last edited by TacoBill; 11/30/09 at 11:45 AM. Reason: date change
Old 11/30/09, 11:58 AM
GT Member

Cool place Jed I see a 914 those are almost extinct now a days

a Camry would of been a more reliable choice but I wanted a 4door with some hp

anyone take a look at this v6 305hp engine for the new mustang
https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=478793

Last edited by leos06gtll; 11/30/09 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11/30/09, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by leos06gtll
anyone take a look at this v6 305hp engine for the new mustang
https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=478793
They should debut that at the LA Auto Show this week.

Charlie should have just got one of these.
Old 11/30/09, 01:11 PM
GT Member

They should debut that at the LA Auto Show this week.

Charlie should have just got one of these.
that one really made me laugh
Old 11/30/09, 01:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The restaurant sits right next to the Huntington Beach Central Park. It's got nice walking paths and exercise stations.
Looks like a nice place to meet. Like you would use the exercise areas.

Ray! We missed you on Saturday! Didn't want to hang a bit longer til we came?

Cruise looked great, too bad we didn't know about it.
Sorry I missed you on Saturday. I called Jed but he didn't answer and Kai said you were an hour away. If you had been there on time...

The cruise was very last minute, decided late Saturday. You don't drive your car anyway.

And how come you didn't call me about yesterday's breakfast?
Old 11/30/09, 02:37 PM

Sorry I missed you on Saturday. I called Jed but he didn't answer and Kai said you were an hour away. If you had been there on time...

The cruise was very last minute, decided late Saturday. You don't drive your car anyway.

And how come you didn't call me about yesterday's breakfast?
We were on time!
We got there no more than 10 minutes after you bailed.

True, Luis and I wouldn't have gone, but Jed and Leo both were ready to roll.

Yeah, I think Jed called you, but you didn't answer.
Old 11/30/09, 02:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

We were on time!
We got there no more than 10 minutes after you bailed.

True, Luis and I wouldn't have gone, but Jed and Leo both were ready to roll.

Yeah, I think Jed called you, but you didn't answer.

Dang Ray you should of stayed at least until we saw ya! We heard you went shopping, so what did you buy me ?....

So guys are we thinking of a cruise on the 12th? If so who can go, are any of you doing Jason cruise w/ 281? That's coming up also. I started my car up yesterday it sounded good it's been over three weeks since last fire up. I need to hear the WoooooooooT again!

Last edited by JedCranium; 11/30/09 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11/30/09, 03:18 PM

So guys are we thinking of a cruise on the 12th? If so who can go, are any of you doing Jason cruise w/ 281? That's coming up also.
Is this the Pala cruise that Leo's talking about? Day cruise or an overnighter?

edit.. Strike the overnighter, Jed and I have Sunset on the 13th; unless we make it a no-show.

Last edited by TacoBill; 11/30/09 at 04:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)