General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/06, 08:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I bought the 3/10 side markers overlays and 6/10 for the turn signals... While I was there I caved in and bought 6/10 for the taillamps.
No overlays for the headlight or foglights?

Sorry, but I must do this...
Old 9/18/06, 08:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I submitted an image for my Alpine HU and he already has it done. It stretched the picture oddly. It looks like it clips off the very far left of the pictures, then stretches them a little.
Anyway. What do you think ?
Attachment 9692Attachment 9693Attachment 9694Attachment 9695Attachment 9696

My opinion is its OK. Not great just ok. I like the fact of having my car as my background, in my car though.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-alpine-iva-w200-012.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-alpine-iva-w200-013.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-alpine-iva-w200-014.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-alpine-iva-w200-015.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-alpine-iva-w200-016.jpg  

Old 9/18/06, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
My opinion is its OK. Not great just ok. I like the fact of having my car as my background, in my car though.
Like you said, it looks okay, not bad by any means.
You may have given him the incorrect aspect ratio, which is the reason it's slightly skewed.
But hey, it's very cool to have your car displayed on the Alpine!

Now that you had some bonding time with your system, how's it sound compared to the Shaker 500? Are you happy you went with the Alpine?
Old 9/18/06, 08:37 PM

H-Pipe transport

Leo- Kevin measured the H, it's 51" long and 27 1/2" at its widest point (at the header collector).

I know you mentioned about borrowing a truck to transport it back, so this is just trivial info, but it may fit..
Old 9/18/06, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Checking in - better late than never.

Bill - I have the invoice/warranty info from SunTint and plan to call them this week. I have been traveling (Notre Dame last week recruiting) and getting this house in order. I am crossing my fingers that they'll replace for free.

Now, I thought somewhere someone said that in Texas we should use moleskin instead of the soft velcro. Do I remember correctly?

Leo - all your polls closed before I could vote. I like the car color spoiler for your car and where did you get that custom visor sticker? Cute!

Back to working on the house and stuff. We got our pool lights and the hot tub's working now. Now if we can only get our master spa working (we are on tub #3 - warranty issues), balcony leak fixed, and just general stuff like curtains, etc, it'll feel like home! Oh yeah, and a driveway or at least aprons would be great. Supposed to come in the next week or so. I need to get my car inside the garage!
Old 9/18/06, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by swwake
Checking in - better late than never.

Bill - I have the invoice/warranty info from SunTint and plan to call them this week. I have been traveling (Notre Dame last week recruiting) and getting this house in order. I am crossing my fingers that they'll replace for free.

Now, I thought somewhere someone said that in Texas we should use moleskin instead of the soft velcro. Do I remember correctly?
Susan's back!

Yup, from what I've read here, those that live in hot (like really hot) climates, moleskin is your best bet.

Good luck with your window tinter!
Old 9/18/06, 10:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Like you said, it looks okay, not bad by any means.
You may have given him the incorrect aspect ratio, which is the reason it's slightly skewed.
But hey, it's very cool to have your car displayed on the Alpine!

Now that you had some bonding time with your system, how's it sound compared to the Shaker 500? Are you happy you went with the Alpine?
The dimensions were correct, but he mentioned that some images do that. I will mess with it some more later as he will redo previous images if you adjust them.
I love the new system. I have 150+ songs on one CD, XM radio and regular radio. I lack for NO music. Don't miss the 6 disc for a minute.
I need to mess with the front door speakers some more, got a couple rattles, but overall MUCH better than the Shaker500

Welcome back Susan , It is not NEAR as fun to flirt when you are not here. OK That sounded really :gay:
Old 9/19/06, 12:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well here's the pics since Bill seems like he's dying to see them.

1 Taillamp kit 6/10 2 turn signals 6/10 3 rear side markers 3/10

The taillamp kit has premeasured lines telling you where to cut on the back. Although I'm sure Bill and Tom will want to make there measurements down to 1000ths of a millimeter. According to the instructions provided you pretty much install these like you would your stripes or your "MUSTANG" decals. Use soapy water, dryer/heatgun, and a squeege of some sort.

I didn't get headlight or foglight overlays because IMO they don't look good. Hopefully I won't feel lazy tomorrow and actually install the overlays and my shaker sill letters finally.

Bill- Thank Kevin for measuring for me. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the truck so it's good to know it will fit in a trunk or rear seat. No way in hell it's going in the stang.

Susan- Welcome back. "Afixer" whose name I think is Jim made the rough draft and Bill here did the final draft.

Old 9/19/06, 07:47 AM

Hopefully I won't feel lazy tomorrow and actually install the overlays and my shaker sill letters finally.

... No way in hell it's going in the stang.

Susan- Welcome back. "Afixer" whose name I think is Jim made the rough draft and Bill here did the final draft.
Don't get lazy on us! I want to see pics after you install the overlays.

Oh c'mon! If the old H-Pipe doesn't fit in your trunk, we can always tie it on top of your roof!

btw- Afixer is Tom (not our Tom, but Tom Rasada), he always attends our Mustang Cafe monthly meet.
Old 9/19/06, 11:05 AM
GTR Member

Hello again, Susan! Looks good, Daryl. Waiting for pics, Leo. (leaving for work in 5 minutes)

Wish I could have been at the 30th annual meet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT4qhSqi7E8
Old 9/19/06, 07:06 PM

How's the Shaker sill letters and tint overlays going, Leo?
Old 9/19/06, 08:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Sorry Bill I didn't install them today I had to take care of some other things. Although I did go to circuit city and pick up a 400w dc/ac converter I need so that I can use the blow dryer outside. I plan on returning the converter as soon as I'm done. I guess you can say I'm renting it. So I should have pics by early afternoon tomorrow. Are overlays something your considering????
Old 9/19/06, 09:57 PM

I plan on returning the converter as soon as I'm done.
Shame, shame... we know your name! (j/k)

Are overlays something you're considering????
Actually, yes.

Long story short, a guy wanted to use my Mustang as a demo car for his website to start selling his tint overlays. He was supposed to send me out different shades of charcoal for picture taking, but so far only received a set of yellow overlays for the headlights only.
Old 9/19/06, 10:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well I'll post pics tomorrow and if you decide you want some just let me know and I'll pick them up for you so you can save on shipping.
Old 9/20/06, 03:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Check the new pics from silverhorses upcoming 1/4 louvers. I just might have to jump on the preorder after seeing how easy the install is.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=411
Old 9/20/06, 03:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Mustangtuning.com has changed there name to AmericanMuscle tks to FOMOCO. Anyways I got an email from them with a 10% of coupon code. So if your thinking about buying from them do it this week and save. Here's the code to enter when you place your purchase "americanmuscle". The code is good till Sept. 26.
Old 9/20/06, 06:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Mustangtuning.com has changed there name to AmericanMuscle tks to FOMOCO. Anyways I got an email from them with a 10% of coupon code. So if your thinking about buying from them do it this week and save. Here's the code to enter when you place your purchase "americanmuscle". The code is good till Sept. 26.
Yea I got that coupon too, and I am sure Tom and Bill did as well. (Shaker Purchases ) Now I need to see if they have something I want and I need to use my Summit Bucks in the next 4 days too, or lose them
Old 9/20/06, 08:07 AM

Check the new pics from silverhorses upcoming 1/4 louvers. I just might have to jump on the preorder after seeing how easy the install is.
I've been following that thread off and on for some time now, but haven't seen that install thread, thanks for posting it.
I do like the way it looks from the exterior, but not too keen on the inside. I understand that it won't be orange, but a semi-transparent smoke color, but I can't get over the large fins protruding into the interior. I think I'd prefer them short and consitent from front to back. The install itself doesn't look too bad.
Attached Images  
Old 9/20/06, 08:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I've been following that thread off and on for some time now, but haven't seen that install thread, thanks for posting it.
I do like the way it looks from the exterior, but not too keen on the inside. I understand that it won't be orange, but a semi-transparent smoke color, but I can't get over the large fins protruding into the interior. I think I'd prefer them short and consistent from front to back. The install itself doesn't look too bad.
Yea I really liked them until I saw that interior shot. I think I would have to devise some sort of cover to place over it so it wouldn't be visible from the interior. I don't think changing the color would make it much less noticeable.
Old 9/20/06, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Yea I got that coupon too, and I am sure Tom and Bill did as well... and I need to use my Summit Bucks in the next 4 days too, or lose them
Got the coupon; thanks for the thought Leo.

Daryl, ideas for your Summit Bucks; K&N oil filter (or Fram), Summit H-Pipe, car cover (or this one), Roush rear coil springs, Roush complete suspension, etc, etc. Should be easy to spend.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)