General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/08, 12:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Great. Now we'll have two siggys here that'll say 'tuned by Adam'.

j/k.. I'd recommend ST over Swansons anyday.

And about everyone beating me to the punch, bite me.
The majority of the decision came down to the fact that I've heard more about ST than RET. That plus the fact that I'd told myself way back when that if and when I got a SC I'd got to ST.

Originally Posted by habu
ST Motorsports FTMFW
+1 Sorry Bill.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I'd go sleeper and keep people guessing what that noise is But if you have to have a stamp to make you feel more manly. I would do the small supercharged emblem at the bottom of the post.

Jed
Originally Posted by NYNY53
Leo I vote no emblem, I like the idea of not advertising and letting the Stang show em what ya got.
Originally Posted by JonCo
EDIT: Leo go for the sleeper look. I actually bought the 4.6 S/C emblem for giggles and its pretty big. To big in IMO. If you must do as Bill did, small and hardly noticed. Lol
Yeah that was my initial though combined with the fact I'm not liking any of the emblems I posted 100%.
Fly I saw a KB for sale on the fourm the moment is here.

Jed
Fly-

Originally Posted by kanicas
Leo- You look possessed in that Oktoberfest pic.
Something about the triple B's that night (*****, Beer, and Bratwurst).
Old 10/8/08, 12:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Good luck with the install. Can't wait to see the outcome. I do love the GT500 brakes but where I am at with wheels I'd have to get a completely different set to go big brake
You could always sell your current setup to me. (Not Joking)
Old 10/8/08, 12:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
well when I get to that point to consider selling them you'll be the first on the list.
Old 10/8/08, 12:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

well when I get to that point to consider selling them you'll be the first on the list.
Are you at that point yet? With all the power from that whipple you should invest in some stopping power asap.
Old 10/8/08, 02:05 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm trying to get off work early Saturday to get them installed. Its a shame I'm not able to afford another $250 to get slotted/drill front rotors for the front. Oh well, I'll switch it all back to stock rotors for now.

Ok guys, everyone overlooked my question earlier. This is life or death... not really. For the show, do I register for the 20 and under class and take advantage of my age? orrr the enter in the Modified class. Does it really matter? I'd like to place though haha

EDIT: Leo go for the sleeper look. I actually bought the 4.6 S/C emblem for giggles and its pretty big. To big in IMO. If you must do as Bill did, small and hardly noticed. Lol
I think I would go the age route like Brian suggested. Mod class could get ugly especially if the numbers increase in this class, which is more likely than the age class IMO.

Jed
Old 10/8/08, 02:58 AM
Cobra Member

I agree with them; Go the age route. You'll place for sure

Leo - If I could, I would have a KB sitting where my manifold is

At least by mid-November, I'll be feeling some kick
Old 10/8/08, 05:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Lol, Luis you really love that devil smiley. Haha its in like everyone of your post.
Old 10/8/08, 06:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Wow Luis, your going to do something fun in Nov.! What is it, what is it?
Old 10/8/08, 07:59 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Ok guys, everyone overlooked my question earlier. This is life or death... not really. For the show, do I register for the 20 and under class and take advantage of my age? orrr the enter in the Modified class. Does it really matter? I'd like to place though haha
Jon, like others suggested, enter the age group.

Last year, I entered into a 'Modified Class' at a carshow and I got creamed by high dollar modded cars (custom paint, body kits, interiors, etc).

... That plus the fact that I'd told myself way back when that if and when I got a SC I'd got to ST.

Yeah that was my initial though combined with the fact I'm not liking any of the emblems I posted 100%.

Something about the triple B's that night (*****, Beer, and Bratwurst).
I'm sure ST will do a fine job on the install and tune.
And from what I heard lastnight, you just may get yours done before mine.

Yeah Leo, if you don't like any of the emblems, don't get it. Worst case, they just peel off like the '281' emblems you had on the Shaker.

From what I can remember that night, you only had 2 of the 3 B's.

Last edited by TacoBill; 10/8/08 at 08:36 AM. Reason: playing nice. =)
Old 10/8/08, 08:12 AM

His wheels and tires? I thought you loved the factory bullitts to death?

Originally Posted by kanicas
Wow Luis, your going to do something fun in Nov.! What is it, what is it?
Any hints?
Old 10/8/08, 08:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

And from what I heard lastnight, you just may get yours done before mine.
So what did you hear about your car?

His wheels and tires? I thought you loved the factory bullitts to death?
I do but if I can get a deal on Brian's wheel's I'd take them. Remember I'll be needing that bigger rubber out back once the SC goes in.
Old 10/8/08, 09:07 AM

So what did you hear about your car?

I do but if I can get a deal on Brian's wheel's I'd take them. Remember I'll be needing that bigger rubber out back once the SC goes in.
Nothing. That's the problem.
Just want to make things clear here, Greg has nothing to do with this machine shop delay. All he can do (and is doing) is apply a little thumb pressure on them to get things done.

With that said, nothings come back from the machine shop, so nothings being done to my car. Funny how that all works.

Brian's wheels/tires are fairly new so even if he did sell them, they'd probably be slightly below what he paid. You should look into a new similar set in the wheel color you want.
Old 10/8/08, 09:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Just want to make things clear here, Greg has nothing to do with this machine shop delay. All he can do (and is doing) is apply a little thumb pressure on them to get things done.

With that said, nothings come back from the machine shop, so nothings being done to my car. Funny how that all works.
Jeebus baby christ. I am really sorry to hear that Bill. Greg needs to get a little medieval on that guys butt. I get a week, maybe two but this seems ridiculous. Especially for a valve job and R&R. Perhaps it's me and my experience with previous shops but anytime I had head work (yeah let the jokes come in) It was never this bad. I've even had the heads on my 429 machined, decked and everything in less time. Granted it was on an old OHV head and not as complex but still the operation is much the same.

Brian's wheels/tires are fairly new so even if he did sell them, they'd probably be slightly below what he paid. You should look into a new similar set in the wheel color you want.
Let's just nip this in the bud right now. I am currently not looking to sell. I'll go through rotorpros and SS lines, new pads and DOT4 brake fluid first. If after that I think I need bigger brakes then yes I'll have to sell mine. Unless you want to pay a premium for wheels that have been on my car, then we can talk
Old 10/8/08, 09:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Oh I thought there was some sort of bad news.

That is the wheel color I want. They don't have polished and chrome is to blingy. Considered black but that's to modern looking for me.
Old 10/8/08, 10:04 AM

I get a week, maybe two but this seems ridiculous.
Try 3+.
I have no clue what the major disconnect is what this machine shop. This is about how long Swansons machine shop took, so either its the industry standard (3+ weeks) or they're both using the same shop.

btw, did you look into the exhaust squeak?

Oh I thought there was some sort of bad news.
I consider it bad enough.
Old 10/8/08, 11:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

maybe it is the normal ETR ?? Looking at past experiences I am kinda surprised though. At least you'll know that once it is back it will be put to the right way without all the extra bits
Old 10/8/08, 12:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Try 3+.
I have no clue what the major disconnect is what this machine shop. This is about how long Swansons machine shop took, so either its the industry standard (3+ weeks) or they're both using the same shop.

I consider it bad enough.
Hey remember a "week" to us is 7 days but in the Machine Shop world it’s usually 5 working days. On top of that you never know what the workload is when you job arrives. Another thing is most shop don't have multiple machinery to work on heads, they can't afford that kind of luxury and still make coin. AFR might be the only exception. A time frame of 3 - 4 weeks is common for head work on the 4.6 3V.

So sit back and have a Stella!

Jed
Old 10/8/08, 12:07 PM

So sit back and have a Stella!
I can't imagine throwing one back after last weekend and my stomach flu. Booze does not sound good to me at all right now.

So yeah, I'll sit back and wait... like I have a choice.
Old 10/8/08, 12:08 PM

Brian?
Old 10/8/08, 12:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Brian?
Sorry, something has come up and I have to kinda defend some database calculations and updates that I did in July to the CFO and CEO. I'm surprised that the reply actually came through 'cause I killed firefox before it refreshed.

Anyway.....
No. I didn't. But I'm putting the DRs on tonight to be ready for Irwindale tomorrow and should be able to get a good look at it.

I had to pull some OT last night and I just could not get to it.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)