General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/08, 04:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
almost...

ya gotta agree on the padded room biz. Do you think I would have ever in my wildest dreams spend 10K or more on just mods.... clearly it's not just me either.

Take your dixie cup with pills, the nice men in white suits will be by shortly.

I like your car and would like it a bunch more if you drove it. Current problems this year aside, prior to the new guts it was like a pampered prince. It looks pretty but what does it do. I'm not saying you need to be out every week beating the ever living crap out of it. But man I will be disappointed if you take a car that can now handle what 800hp and it gathers dust.
Old 10/2/08, 05:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
Brian, quit being a pansy...
I was wondering who started all the tension today... figures, it was that guy from Indiana.

And don't worry Brian, I will be driving my &*^% car once I get it back. My next planned mod are new wheels and wider tires. Once that phase is done, I just might see what it'll do down the 1/8th.

But like everyone here knows, I won't be handing down a car that's seen alot of hard miles, that's always been my master plan.
Now once Chris gets it, he just might take it to the track and kick all yer asses!
Old 10/2/08, 05:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Keep it in a zip lock for Chris. How many miles do you have on it so far Bill? I'm in favor of preservation.
How many of us wished that Our fathers kept one of their rides nice to hand down to us. I wish I had one.
You can take it to the track with your son.

Last edited by GrnT; 10/2/08 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10/2/08, 05:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Wow, mention the word pansy and a whole debate starts? Dang, sorry guys..... blame it on me, I was just fooling around as normal..... no harm meant. I'll stay away for a while and let you guys have your thread back the way you want it.
Old 10/2/08, 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"....RET, GTR, and ST probably do gears."

Leo,

Can you expand on those initials a little?? I'm not all that familiar with performance shops and google didn't help much!
Old 10/2/08, 05:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Noooooo Tom! Don't leave us, ya pansy!

Old 10/2/08, 05:45 PM
Cobra Member

It's different strokes for different folks.

Bill's car makes me Remember, it's for his son, Chris. I have so many friends that admire the beauty of it. Many agree with your outlook on the car. It's clean. I find nothing wrong with that We all have our taste and goals for it. He's run it before (Youtube will show that ). Why not have both? Looks and performance

No offense to you track junkies I really admire what Leo has done to the car. I was in awe watching him take out cobras at the track It's always nice to see people enjoy what they've worked hard to get. It's just a different perspective though.

I want my car to be clean and look like a refined OEM version As far as running it: I'll take a trip down to the tracks every once in a while but I know I won't make it a hobby. There's too much involved that makes me not find any fun in it.

Maybe it's me, but I'm glad we're all different. I get to enjoy all the eye candy (whether in track form, or show).

Last edited by Superfly SN95; 10/2/08 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10/2/08, 06:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FormerGmc
"....RET, GTR, and ST probably do gears."

Leo,

Can you expand on those initials a little?? I'm not all that familiar with performance shops and google didn't help much!
Racers Edge Tuning (RET), Spankin Time (ST), No Idea what the heck GTR stands for. Jed?

Originally Posted by superfly s197

Bill's car makes me Remember, it's for his son, Chris. I have so many friends that admire the beauty of it. Many agree with your outlook on the car. It's clean. I find nothing wrong with that We all have our taste and goals for it. He's run it before (Youtube will show that ). Why not have both? Looks and performance

No offense to you track junkies I really admire what Leo has done to the car. I was in awe watching him take out cobras at the track It's always nice to see people enjoy what they've worked hard to get. It's just a different perspective though.

I want my car to be clean and look like a refined OEM version As far as running it: I'll take a trip down to the tracks every once in a while but I know I won't make it a hobby. There's too much involved that makes me not find any fun in it.

Maybe it's me, but I'm glad we're all different. I get to enjoy all the eye candy (whether in track form, or show).
Won't speak for Brian but what I meant by all the track stuff, bill's car etc....Was that after all the $$$$ he's spent on the car he should atleast give the track a chance. Even if he goes only go once. If he ended up liking it and went a few times a year he would not rack up all these "hard miles" he's talking about. He's probably put harder miles on it in his proving grounds than he would going to the track a few times a year. Nobody's saying or expecting him to be at Irwindale every Thursday night. Even if he put 20K miles between now and handing it over to Chris in a few years, Chris would still have 1 of the top 10 most badass cars any 16yr old's ever gotten.

As far as show and go. I'm all for having show and go. I don't think there's anyone that thinks Bill's car doesn't look badass. That's not what I'm arguing. If anything the consesus is he could enjoy it alot more than he does and still hand over an awesome car to Chris. The one thing that erks me is for someone to not want to atleast try something before deciding it's not something they'd like to do. Luis I'll use you for an example, you didn't want to try something Bill liked but once you did you liked it. Imagine if you hadn't. You'd of missed out on something you enjoy now. Just saying.
Old 10/2/08, 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Leo!

Your turn Jed!
Old 10/2/08, 06:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
First Jed, now Brian posts a novel.

Only got 2 points from all that..
1) You, me and a bunch others here will be in a padded room.
2) Brian doesn't like my car.

Does that sound about right?
Hey I hate typing I just couldn't make a long story short I have my eyes on Cal Speedway, After I get brakes and coilovers it's on! JUST SAYING.

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 10/2/08 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10/2/08, 06:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Hey I hate typying I just couldn't make a long story short I have my eyes on Cal Speedway, After I get brakes and coilovers it on!

Jed

Jed are you intercooled?

........This intercool or not to intercool decision is really kicking my ***. I've got Brenspeed insisting that for what I want from the Vortech I don't really need an Intercooler. They've got plenty of experience with non-intercooled kits thanks to Tom and others. Then on the other hand I've got all the Socal shops insisting I should get it. I'm thinking maybe just getting a better radiator as an alternative? Thoughts? Aside from waiting for the kit to arrive this is really the only reason I haven't commited to a shop and picked an install date.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 10/2/08 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10/2/08, 07:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Racers Edge Tuning (RET), Spankin Time (ST), No Idea what the heck GTR stands for. Jed?

Won't speak for Brian but what I meant by all the track stuff, bill's car etc....Was that after all the $$$$ he's spent on the car he should atleast give the track a chance. Even if he goes only go once. If he ended up liking it and went a few times a year he would not rack up all these "hard miles" he's talking about. He's probably put harder miles on it in his proving grounds than he would going to the track a few times a year. Nobody's saying or expecting him to be at Irwindale every Thursday night. Even if he put 20K miles between now and handing it over to Chris in a few years, Chris would still have 1 of the top 10 most badass cars any 16yr old's ever gotten.

As far as show and go. I'm all for having show and go. I don't think there's anyone that thinks Bill's car doesn't look badass. That's not what I'm arguing. If anything the consesus is he could enjoy it alot more than he does and still hand over an awesome car to Chris. The one thing that erks me is for someone to not want to atleast try something before deciding it's not something they'd like to do. Luis I'll use you for an example, you didn't want to try something Bill liked but once you did you liked it. Imagine if you hadn't. You'd of missed out on something you enjoy now. Just saying.
Pretty much says it right there.

A better radiator will help prevent the engine from overheating, if the engine is overheating. Our cars aren't exactly the same but you felt how hot the blower got in my car.... the water temp didn't get to that point on the stock radiator. What it won't do is cool down the intake temps. Once it's heat soaked, was it 65 yesterday in SD ?, you are degrading the intake temps and lowering the octane and thereby increasing the chance of detonation. Ask Bill what detonation does in an un-forged motor. ANYTHING you can do to decrease detonation is well worth the money and effort regardless of the HP increase, IMO.
Jed is intercooled.

Last edited by habu; 10/2/08 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10/2/08, 07:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Jed are you intercooled?

........This intercool or not to intercool decision is really kicking my ***. I've got Brenspeed insisting that for what I want from the Vortech I don't really need an Intercooler. They've got plenty of experience with non-intercooled kits thanks to Tom and others. Then on the other hand I've got all the Socal shops insisting I should get it. I'm thinking maybe just getting a better radiator as an alternative? Thoughts? Aside from waiting for the kit to arrive this is really the only reason I haven't commited to a shop and picked an install date.

If you can afford it do it. If you can't then you can't. I'd rather be intercooled in case I needed more then not have it and want more.

I'm think I'm walking away from spacers. I may just try for new rims instead. I can't see myself spending $300 and have my wheel stick out of the sides to accomodate the brakes. From everything I've read bullits will need min 1" to clear which will leave my tire hanging out the side

So... ideas on rims? 18 or 20's. I wouldn't mind some roush rims like Jed but there freakin outta this world expensive! CT-R rims? Opinions welcomed. I want some 10" wide rim in the back.

I figured if I can get like $800 or so for my current set-up I'll be happy.
Old 10/2/08, 08:59 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Roush rims are the best looking, and think about it like this, if you get $800 for your current set, that'd be like $800 off a set.
Old 10/2/08, 09:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yeah, I think $800 is a good deal for someone. And that's a set of tires for me or something.

What do you all think of the Shelby CS40 rims

Old 10/2/08, 09:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Jed are you intercooled?

Intercooled yes Right now I have what Kenne Bell spec'ed for the install. On the 26th I'm going to have GTR install a Fluidyne unit used in the GT-500. Much better! Headroom baby headroom.

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 10/2/08 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10/2/08, 09:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Feedback please?

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...28#post5646928
Old 10/2/08, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Noooooo Tom! Don't leave us, ya pansy!
Yeah Tom, things have stabilized here in POTR... so come back you pansy.

Originally Posted by superfly s197

Well said Fly.

... after all the $$$$ he's spent on the car he should at least give the track a chance.
Hey, just because you're hung like a moose, it doesn't mean you have to do ****.

Luis I'll use you for an example, you didn't want to try something Bill liked but once you did you liked it. Imagine if you hadn't. You'd of missed out on something you enjoy now. Just saying.

... and it's something Leo might enjoy soon.

...This intercool or not to intercool decision is really kicking my ***. I've got Brenspeed insisting that for what I want from the Vortech I don't really need an Intercooler. They've got plenty of experience with non-intercooled kits thanks to Tom and others. Then on the other hand I've got all the Socal shops insisting I should get it. I'm thinking maybe just getting a better radiator as an alternative? Thoughts? Aside from waiting for the kit to arrive this is really the only reason I haven't commited to a shop and picked an install date.

Leo, if you're that torn between getting an IC or not, just get it and be done with it.

May as well check and see if you can still jump in on that Fluidyne GB and get the radiator too. Having a larger capacity radiator can only benefit you.
Like Brian mentioned, it won't do anything to your IAT, but will keep your engine/water temp in check no matter how hard you push your car.

btw Brian, I wouldn't trust the in-dash water temp gauge at all, it's basically an idiot gauge.
Also, my kaboom wasn't related at all of not having an IC, but rather the lack of the additional fuel pressure. At that point, even the knock sensors couldn't retard the timing enough.
Old 10/2/08, 09:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Roush rims are the best looking, and think about it like this, if you get $800 for your current set, that'd be like $800 off a set.
I got a good deal on the ROUSH rims. I bought them on Ebay w/ tires for 2K. There's no way I would of bought then new I don't feel they are worth the price that ROUSH asks for.

Jed
Old 10/2/08, 10:06 PM

Lookout Monica! Jed was polishing up his Jedi skills tonight!
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-jedi-jed.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)