General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/08, 10:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I know nothing but I do know you maybe feeling Bill's pain if you don't get a real good DOCTOR lookin at your engine real soon.
Old 7/5/08, 10:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I no expert and I don't play one on TV but the 14-16 psi seems awfully high. I know Bill's isn't intercooled, but I am pretty sure it was a 8psi kit or there abouts. Being intercooled you should be hight, but not that much ??? It also makes sense that at idle you would be at 0 psi, at least to me it does.
Old 7/6/08, 05:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
Copy and Paste from MM forums... Issues with guages(again...?)

Had my guages recently worked on, had issues with them not working after another shop half a**'ed a supercharger install on my car.

Anyways, so my guages weren't working properly. Had them worked on by another shop and now they *turn* on but my boost/vac guage displays very differently then before. Under normal driving or accel it reads 5-10psi. When I idle it rest at 0. Now I do not know alot about guages... And under hard accel I get readings of close if not more then 16psi.

I have a Vortech HO system tuned to "440rwhp/380rwtq". The shop I'm currently dealing with insists that all is normal(the 14+psi) and that the 10-11psi I thought I was way off. He doesn't think that 10-11 psi is enough to generate my rwhp and that my other shop miss informed me, which is entirly possible seeing as I got screwed by them. Anyways... This is bassically a thread about a newb question. At 440rwhp what est psi level should I be seeing on my guages? I should mention that when the guages were originally not working the needle would go into the vac "area". Now the lowest it gets to is 0psi?

What do you all think... I'm so fed up with all the issues. Cant enjoy my car with pending things. Bill, I dont feel all your pain but I do share some. *sigh*...
Jon, I would say 14 seems high at 440RWHP. What kind of guages are you running, brand and type ( you might of said before and I missed it, I don't see it in your Sig ).
Old 7/6/08, 08:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Your guage should be reading vacuum (negative) at idle, maybe around -20, and actually should move closer to 0 at part or mid throttle. It should only show positive (boost) at WOT. And your kit is not making more than about 10psi- unless they changed pullies, intake piping, or something similar.
Old 7/6/08, 10:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
Your guage should be reading vacuum (negative) at idle, maybe around -20, and actually should move closer to 0 at part or mid throttle. It should only show positive (boost) at WOT. And your kit is not making more than about 10psi- unless they changed pullies, intake piping, or something similar.
+1
When I rode in Jed's Roush, under decel the gauge definately goes vacuum.

Even in my brief moment in my car, the boost/vacuum gauge displayed what Tom described.

Yes Brian, my kit is 8 psi.
Old 7/6/08, 11:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I understand all that. I know these guages are just not reading properly. I'll be at his shop Thursday and I'll ask him to look over his wiring. I was told I was running 10-11 psi by the shop who originally tuned it. The entire kit is stock so I know I should not be seeing readings that high.

Rob, I'm running Autometer GS guages. Wideband, boost/vac(electric). My guages did read vac at one point then I ran into issues with them turning on and off over rough roads. Since the fix they read wrong.

Thursday is when I will have my fuel tank guage fixed and reading fuel levels, another annoyance the other shop left me with.
Old 7/6/08, 12:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Where to start.....

Haven't been on in what seems like forever. First of thanks to Jasmine and George for the great BBQ. It was the wife's first time out to a POTR hangout and she enjoyed it. After George's went to a family BBQ were drinking continued.

Yesterday was a another full on POTR day. Here's a quick list of what we did. I'm sure Jed or Ray will post pics of the events.

Cars & Coffee
Rickie & Ronnies (Breakfast)
Theather (Hancock)
Islands (Lunch)
Intermission
Yardhouse

Totally not looking foward to work tomorrow.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Leo I bought my filter from these guys:

Evolution Performance

Thanks Jed.

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Ray and Jed... Thanks for the great pics!!

I hope all you guys had a good time! It was a pleasure having you over!

Cool pics Bill!

The shooters were great! I had about four of them before everyone showed up, by the time I had one with the group I was ****ed up, I burned some of the food on the grill and call Leo the wrong name(sorry Leo!)
You know your messed up when you start mixing people's names up.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 7/6/08 at 12:20 PM.
Old 7/6/08, 12:20 PM
GTR Member

10 psi is safely giving me 475 rwhp... and boost is boost... the turbo just gets it there differently. So, 10-11 psi is definitely enough to give you 440 rwhp if the tune is properly done... and safely done.

My gauge reads -23 inHg at idle. It approaches 0 as I accelerate. I have boost anytime I give it medium to hard gas under load. So I have boost at times other than just WOT.

At WOT it goes directly to 10psi and stays there.

Last edited by 89Trooper; 7/6/08 at 12:33 PM.
Old 7/6/08, 12:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Haven't been on in what seems like forever. First of thanks to Jasmine and George for the great BBQ. It was the wife's first time out to a POTR hangout and she enjoyed it. After George's went to a family BBQ were drinking continued.

Yesterday was a another full on POTR day. Here's a quick list of what we did. I'm sure Jed or Ray will post pics of the events.

Cars & Coffee
Theather (Hancock)
Islands (Lunch)
Intermission
Yardhouse

Totally not looking foward to work tommorrow
Hey Leo you forgot some things...

Cars & Coffee
Theather (Hancock)
Islands (Lunch)
Intermission
BevMo
Spice Store
Golden Spoon

Yardhouse

Jed
Old 7/6/08, 12:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
Yeah I understand all that. I know these guages are just not reading properly. I'll be at his shop Thursday and I'll ask him to look over his wiring. I was told I was running 10-11 psi by the shop who originally tuned it. The entire kit is stock so I know I should not be seeing readings that high.

Rob, I'm running Autometer GS guages. Wideband, boost/vac(electric). My guages did read vac at one point then I ran into issues with them turning on and off over rough roads. Since the fix they read wrong.

Thursday is when I will have my fuel tank guage fixed and reading fuel levels, another annoyance the other shop left me with.
Jon, I found this but it is generic and not specific to the GS series. I did notice it said to mount the MAP sensor facing down or else moisture build up could cause a false reading, it's a long shot but worth looking at. Also when you turn the key on is the gauge going through the self-calibration each time?
http://www.egauges.com/pdf/AutoMeter/569.pdf
Old 7/6/08, 12:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Leo you forgot some things...

Cars & Coffee
Theather (Hancock)
Islands (Lunch)
Intermission
BevMo
Spice Store
Golden Spoon
Yardhouse

Jed
Well ok then "I" had an intermission.
Pics?

Forgot to mention Brian bailed on us to watch NASCAR.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 7/6/08 at 12:43 PM.
Old 7/6/08, 03:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Leo I'll post some pictures a little later my main PC is acting funny just short of "Blue screen" territory I'm backing up some file in case it takes a complete dump, says its going to take
134 minutes

Hey did anyone watch the Speed channel yesterday? They had some shows on stangs I recorded one on my DVR the another one set for recording tonight.

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 7/6/08 at 03:03 PM.
Old 7/6/08, 04:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

Cars & Coffee
Theather (Hancock)
Islands (Lunch)
Intermission
Yardhouse

Totally not looking foward to work tomorrow.
Yes, was one krazy azz night yesterday.

I'm glad you described it as .....
Old 7/6/08, 05:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Back in SD. Bored out of my mind. Dreading tomorrow.
Old 7/6/08, 06:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here some photos from Cars and Coffee yesterday - LINK

And here's Jed and Leo just before the cat & mouse chase on the Fwy with Charlie.

The three black Stangs at R&R for brunch.

Old 7/6/08, 06:05 PM
Bullitt Member

So Ian what does moose taste like?

Jed
LOL funny enough I just finished eating some deer jerky and deer pepperoni. My girlfriends dad killed the deer himself!

That means no grab a$$ with her when he's around. He wont hesitate to shoot me.
Old 7/6/08, 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
No Jed, but I got deer and bear.

"God was with this woman, or she would have been killed instantly in this moose road accident."

I guess God didn't travel with the moose.
Maybe the moose was an atheist?

Old 7/6/08, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Ray nice pics as always. Funny thing is I LOVE cars AND coffee, but sadly these Canadians haven't combined the two.
Old 7/6/08, 07:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
That's true I'm glad to see someone else noticed that !
Old 7/6/08, 08:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Robbieg
Jon, I found this but it is generic and not specific to the GS series. I did notice it said to mount the MAP sensor facing down or else moisture build up could cause a false reading, it's a long shot but worth looking at. Also when you turn the key on is the gauge going through the self-calibration each time?
http://www.egauges.com/pdf/AutoMeter/569.pdf
I think it just sits at 0. I'll look at it tomorrow. The wideband always does it thing when the car turns on. Dont think the boost/vac does. I'll look into that MAP sensor, its worth a shot. Thanks

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)