General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/08, 11:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
Haven't posted in awhile. Been deal with issues with my supercharger install and installer. Last issue to be ironed out this friday. The original shop which did my install bassically bailed on my, never returned my calls(even though I'm waiting on a part from him) and he deleted both his work e-mails. I've had problems with my fuel sender since day one and problems with communication with this shop owner Don Walker (Modular Madness aka Gulf Coast Dyno) since we first met for this supercharger deal.

Car died on me once and I called him with no returned call ever. Anyways, I'll deff post a much more detailed thread about my experience with this shady shop owner. Apparently he has a god awful rep online. Tons of shady deals and messed up cars. Least my stuff is minor compaired to others.

Have another shop helping me out, they fixed my guages last week which when they saw the mess Don made they were baffled. No idea what he had done in there, explains why the guages never worked. And now this friday I go and there going to fix my fuel sender issue.

This new shop's an hour away which I should have originally went with but because their about an hour away I didn't and went with convience. I'll update later. Just a little FYI to any of the local Tampa Bay area owners looking for a shop. And I'll deff be posting this story on every forum I can get access too. Dont want anyone to end up like me(spending over $500 to fix a mess) or worse.
Sorry to hear about all your troubles Jon, good luck getting it fixed. On a brighter note our exit is finally fixed
Old 6/23/08, 02:14 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got back from vacation. I skimmed through everything quickly...

It seems that Kyle has worsened over the night. Here is the latest update from the Care Pages:

**At this time, the family appreciates your support and prayers, but request some time together to support each other at this most difficult time.**

Kyle has had a very difficult night and morning. His lungs are surrounded with fluid and this is making it difficult for enough oxygen to get to his brain. His heart is also being overworked. A procedure was done to remove the fluid, but he is still having a hard time moving oxygen through his body. Our family appreciates all your prayers and support and ask that you continue to lift everyone up as some very difficult decisions are being made. At this time, it is important for our family to have some time together. Thank you for understanding. Please pray for comfort and peace for Kyle and all his family and friends. We love you all. We appreciate your prayers and support.
Old 6/23/08, 02:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Just got back from vacation. I skimmed through everything quickly...

It seems that Kyle has worsened over the night. Here is the latest update from the Care Pages:

**At this time, the family appreciates your support and prayers, but request some time together to support each other at this most difficult time.**

Kyle has had a very difficult night and morning. His lungs are surrounded with fluid and this is making it difficult for enough oxygen to get to his brain. His heart is also being overworked. A procedure was done to remove the fluid, but he is still having a hard time moving oxygen through his body. Our family appreciates all your prayers and support and ask that you continue to lift everyone up as some very difficult decisions are being made. At this time, it is important for our family to have some time together. Thank you for understanding. Please pray for comfort and peace for Kyle and all his family and friends. We love you all. We appreciate your prayers and support.

Unforutantly it sounds like the problems are getting worse.
Old 6/23/08, 02:47 PM
Cobra Member

Yah. Still praying for the best.
Old 6/23/08, 03:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Yah. Still praying for the best.
+1...
Old 6/23/08, 03:06 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^^+10
Old 6/23/08, 03:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Unforutantly it sounds like the problems are getting worse.
I read that this morning and I keep checking hoping that it'll improve.

Keep praying for Kyle and his family. It's so sad I just don't know what to say.
Old 6/23/08, 04:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
18 June 23, 2008 at 06:12 PM EDT
Thank you for all of your prayers and support during the last several days. We are now asking for a different kind of prayers as Kyle's family and friends deal with the loss of a loved one. The fluid around Kyle's lungs caused respiratory problems and his brain wasn't receiving blood and oxygen. There was nothing more the doctors and nurses could do for him to sustain quality of life. The heartwrenching decision was made to stop the life support and donate his organs to help save the lives of others. We know this is what Kyle would have wanted. We ask that you pray for our family and for the families of those who will receive the gift of life from Kyle. Please remember all of us in your prayers in the coming days as these will be some of the most difficult days we have faced. We know that Kyle is in a much better place and he is whole again. We also go on with the assurance that we will see him again one day. Until then, please continue your prayers. We love you all.
I am at a loss for words, may God bless him and his family.
Old 6/23/08, 04:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

A sad day, R.I.P. Kyle. May God be with your family and the family's of all involved during this trying time.
Old 6/23/08, 04:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
God bless Kyle and his surviving family in this time of tragedy.
Old 6/23/08, 04:54 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I am at a loss for words. We have lost a great person. I didnt know him in person, but online, as I know you guys. I consider him a good friend, as you all are to me. Godspeed brother.
Old 6/23/08, 05:14 PM
GTR Member

I don't know what to say either. He was a great guy.
Old 6/23/08, 05:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Uhhhhmmmm......wow....just got home from work wasn't expecting to read this. That's just crazy one minute your driving around with your friend next thing you know it's over....you know it's something we've done countless of times....install a part go for a test drive...never could've expected something like this.

Thoughts and prayers go out for all the families involved.
Old 6/23/08, 05:44 PM
Cobra Member

Man... this wasn't the news I wanted to read. R.I.P Kyle. Didn't know you personally but had some great conversations on TMS. You where part of the POTR crew. I'll be praying for your family and everyone involved.
Old 6/23/08, 05:48 PM
Cobra Member

What crushing news, I'm absolutely stunned. God bless you Kyle and God bless your loving family.
Old 6/23/08, 05:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

God bless Kyle and his family

I just read the posts and I was deeply saddened by the news. I prey for emotional strength to Kyle’s family to a lost son, a lost friend. An individual I didn’t meet in person, but I know from his writing’s Kyle is an awesome guy. I looked back at some of his post and it brings me back to a time where Kyle is having a great time modifying his Mustang. Chatting with his buddies online on TMS. This is how I will remember him.

God bless brother

Jed
Old 6/23/08, 05:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
An individual I didn’t meet in person, but I know from his writing’s Kyle is an awesome guy. I looked back at some of his post and it brings me back to a time where Kyle is having a great time modifying his Mustang. Chatting with his buddies online on TMS. This is how I will remember him.

God bless brother

Jed

Jed, that is probably the best way to sum it up IMO...... just a normal guy, loving his car and enjoying spending his time talking to schmucks like us about his hobby. I think you're right, that is the best memory to have..... a dude loving his car, taking involvement in the hobby, and talking about it freely and openly to all of us here.

Thanks Kyle, for letting us be a part of your life.

tom281
Old 6/23/08, 06:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

I read it earlier and it was heart-breaking to get the news. I am at a complete loss for words. Thanks to Jed for something as eloquent as this.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I just read the posts and I was deeply saddened by the news. I prey for emotional strength to Kyle’s family to a lost son, a lost friend. An individual I didn’t meet in person, but I know from his writing’s Kyle is an awesome guy. I looked back at some of his post and it brings me back to a time where Kyle is having a great time modifying his Mustang. Chatting with his buddies online on TMS. This is how I will remember him.

God bless brother

Jed

God Speed Kyle.
Old 6/23/08, 08:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Hi guys. Back from Vegas and was keeping tabs on Kyle's health while I was there.. and now the blowing news this afternoon.. f*ck.

Of course, none of us westcoasters never met him in person, but we were always here talkin' up his and our mods in POTR.

POTR is a cool hang out where we share Stang and personal stuff and I know Kyle liked it here. We never poked fun at his 4.0 and always treated him as an equal unlike other places where GT vs V6 is so prevalent.

Kyle, our friend, will be missed.

Time to have a F'n drink in his honor.
Old 6/23/08, 08:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

He's now riding that big Stang in the sky. Tear it up dude!

We'll all see you later!

Welcome back Bill! Hope you had a good time!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)