General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/08, 06:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XxDevilR6xX
What time will everyone from SoCal be meeting tomorrow?

Luis, PM me your number so I can find you guys!
Me, TacoBill, Steve & maybe Luis will meet at Ricky & Ronnies @ 5:30 a.m. Luis will probably be late so we will leave at 5:45. Arrive at KBF @ 6:30 a.m. see da map below... We can pre-stage at the Sears parking lot. Then go have breakfast, trust me last year I went here and at 7:00 a.m the lot was 1/3 full! With all the logistics time will be gobbled up parking, cleaning etc. See you at the meeting spot! If not will see you inside the show bring Ashley

Jed

Old 4/19/08, 06:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
C'mon Leo.. you haven't lived until you heard the rod knock from your engine. It's one way to elevate yourself to the next level of performance.
After the figures you gave me this afternoon. Believe me FI dreams are gone. I was really starting to push the wife on the subject untill your little mishap. I pretty much got the thumbs of for a end of year install. Forget about it now though. I know I know yours was a freak accident but that's just something I'm not willing to risk. It's ok I'll just bring up the rear whenever we cruise together.

Either way I've done more performance stuff than I ever intended to do with this car. I always planned to call it a day after cai/tune,gears and springs. Never thought I'd have all the other crap I have now.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 4/19/08 at 06:13 PM.
Old 4/19/08, 06:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Leo, using what happened to Bill's car as an excuse to not do any more performance mods is like saying you're never gonna use fire or open flame again because your neighbor's house burnt down. Accidents happen, and truth be told (not trying to pee on fresh wounds) but Bill's incident could have possibly been avoided- we will never know now obviously.

BUT, as long as you're happy and am enjoying your car, then hey- that's all that matters.
Old 4/19/08, 06:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Hey guys, a little off-topic- and I may have asked before, but if I did, I forget

What video cameras are you guys using and what editing software??

I'm in the market, can't decide what to get.......... thanks.
I use a Sony PD100A DVCAM (digital tape)
Canon HD-20 Mini DV, Capable of HDV (digital tape)
Panasonic SDR-S10P (SD card)

I use each one for diffrent reasons. If I had to do it all over again. I would buy the hard drive version of the Canon HV-20. This would eliminate "digitizing" video before you can edit it. Software I use Final Cut Pro & Final Cut Express on the 8 core Mac (yes it kicks Azz).

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 4/19/08 at 08:55 PM.
Old 4/19/08, 06:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Not very happy to meet the guy huh?!

Hey George you should show your new signature to that Beeatch from BMC! That will make her day What's excatly is SMS Limited? Question of the day does Steve Saleen look like Krusty the Clown?

Jed

Old 4/19/08, 06:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
After the figures you gave me this afternoon. Believe me FI dreams are gone.

Either way I've done more performance stuff than I ever intended to do with this car. I always planned to call it a day after cai/tune,gears and springs. Never thought I'd have all the other crap I have now.
Don't disclose those numbers publicly here Leo, may give our older members a heart attack!

I'm with you Leo on going way beyond what I originally had in mind for Chris' car.
The car you have now is a direct result of TMS.
In the beginning, I think all wanted to do was tint the windows, lower it slightly and change the over-axles.. nothing else. I think I did those in the first month.
Old 4/19/08, 06:31 PM
Cobra Member

Tom - Canon Gl2 and Premiere Pro. Haven't used either in a long time

Leo - You just found another excuse to avoid the big F-I. You'll come around I see what you're saying though. So far, I've been able to stick to my plans... with some unplanned mods (agent 47 mirrors). Never thought I would be going at this quick of a rate though I don't understand the reason to avoid slicks

Jed - I'll be there at 5:30am. I think I'm going to bust-a-Jed and not sleep tonight.
Old 4/19/08, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by tom281
...(not trying to pee on fresh wounds) but Bill's incident could have possibly been avoided- we will never know now obviously.
Now Tom is peeing on me.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Question of the day does Steve Saleen look like Krusty the Clown?
That's him!
Old 4/19/08, 08:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I'm with you Leo on going way beyond what I originally had in mind for Chris' car.
In the beginning, I think all wanted to do was tint the windows, lower it slightly and change the over-axles.. nothing else. I think I did those in the first month.
Chris is going to have a beast-of-a-car with the addition of a built up bottom-end!
Old 4/19/08, 09:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's see where do I begin.

OK, more about me...

Additional impressions. The car gets/pulls to the redline incredibly fast, I am really not used to it. To squirt from 35-85 in third gear takes about 1/4 throttle and it doesn't take long The tires were a good choice, they stick pretty good, not slicks great, but a whole helluva better than stock. Sticking with 3.55s was the right choice as well, I cannot imagine it reving quicker.... Happy.... yep...

Leo I wouldn't use Bill's car as THE example FI car, bad example. But it's stil true if you're gonna play you gotta pay. Now I don't have the $$$$$ if things go south, but you know what if I blow it up it's on me and I'll pay the piper. The hope is I am forged before that happens. Still don't use Bill as an example. There are a TON of people that have been FI and the stock bottom end without traumatic failure in the test drive.

Getting up early. It sucks. I overhead too many people saying that last year if you weren't here early you were hosed. Add in the volunteering it didn't help. Sorry about that. I'm not an early person. We're gonna have to do the same when the SD show comes around.

Great pics George. Looks like it was a good time. Does the SMS facility have the Chinese made cars that Steve is working on importing.
Old 4/19/08, 09:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

My cars done on Tuesday. He finished the s/c install. checking for leaks and the fuel pump and guage install and dyno tune. I cant wait!

Opinions. Should I sell the GTA mufflers and get a pair of stingers? With the o/r pipes is their any trumpeting? The GTA's right now have none and their chambered. I dont wanna go to another style a ef my exhaust note. I wouldn't mind something a little deeper... hmm... how bad is drone. I go lts and o/r prochamber...
Old 4/19/08, 09:43 PM
Cobra Member

I was re-reading through the Bill's CMCV write-up because I am installing them tomorrow and I happen to come across this. Maybe this was a sign

Just for kicks, I tacked down a Sacagewea Dollar coin on top of the block for fun, Eagle side up, of course. I can honestly say now, no matter what happens to my engine, it'll always be worth a buck!

Old 4/19/08, 09:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Old 4/19/08, 10:42 PM
GTR Member

Leo... be different... get a Turbo!

(no BAP required)
Old 4/19/08, 10:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JonCo
My cars done on Tuesday. He finished the s/c install. checking for leaks and the fuel pump and guage install and dyno tune. I cant wait!

Opinions. Should I sell the GTA mufflers and get a pair of stingers? With the o/r pipes is their any trumpeting? The GTA's right now have none and their chambered. I dont wanna go to another style a ef my exhaust note. I wouldn't mind something a little deeper... hmm... how bad is drone. I go lts and o/r prochamber...
<edit> I completely over looked the important part of your post. My apologies </edit>

CONGRATS!! Tuesday is right around the corner. Pics man, we want pics of the beast. Vids if you can pull it off somehow. At the very least Numbers !!!!!!

Stingers and O/R-H will definitely have drone and trumpeting. It gets obnoxious at 2500. But Tom and I are the minority on this subject. Don't get me wrong it sounds badd-assed, but for a DD it didn't work for me

Last edited by habu; 4/19/08 at 11:36 PM.
Old 4/19/08, 11:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Congrats to Danica! She won today.
Old 4/19/08, 11:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man
Congrats to Danica! She won today.

Old 4/19/08, 11:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

****, George beat me to the punch, was trying to get a google image

Very cool. She finally got that monkey off her back. I think now that she has the first one under her belt she'll be even better.

But she does need to do more Maxim spreads......
Old 4/19/08, 11:25 PM

Jon- Sounds like she's coming together nicely!

Matt- I forgot about that! I'll have to take a pic of it once the engine's out from the car.

Tom- I think you're the only one that finds the 'no BAP required' comments funny. Raise of hands from anyone who shares the same sense of humor as Tom? Anyone??

Originally Posted by habu
Stingers and O/R-H will definitely have drone and trumpeting.
+1
Old 4/19/08, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by officespace56
I was re-reading through the Bill's CMCV write-up because I am installing them tomorrow and I happen to come across this.
Forgot to mention, Matt.. intake manifold bolt torque is in INCH POUNDS... had a PM from another forum member who torqued them to Ft Lbs and sheared the bolt in 2.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)