General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/21/08, 08:35 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
Good luck on the LCAs, I've read that the Relos and LCAs fit is rather tight.
Oh man you weren't kidding. That was a major PITA, but the end result was absolutely amazing. I never knew this mod could do so much for both the klunkiness that was in those 2 bushings on the LCA (and the LCA itself) and the corrected geometry of the relo bracket. The rear tires hook up now. I had wheel hop before and didn't realize thats what it was. Now I can absolutely squeel 'em or just flat out hook and go. I did have to open up the relo to get the Steeda LCA in there. I just used some all thread I had and spread the relo just enough by using a washer and nut on each side of the inside of the bracket till it was expanded. That bracket was at least 1/4" to tight on that LCA. I could have beat on it all night with that rubber mallet and it wasn;t gonna go anywhere.
Old 6/21/08, 10:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve's car shoot

Took a few pictures of Steve's Shelby...

Link to more

Last edited by JedCranium; 6/22/08 at 12:18 PM.
Old 6/22/08, 12:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lookin' good Steve.

Hey... do you have any wheels I can buy?!
Old 6/22/08, 12:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Old 6/22/08, 01:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
look good Steve

Great pics as always jed

Hey jed, how did you like my 7K rpm ricer flyby
Old 6/22/08, 01:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Was it F'n hot enough out there today ?? Jeebus, I about melted. Dad and I laid some sod down in the backyard.... well Dad did more work than I did. Bending over and picking that crap up was just too much then on top of that it was what... 156 out today ?

Steve, car looks great !!! where ever that is that Jed does these pics is fabulous. Didja get the watts link yet ?? Saw something from Stillen that they are now shipping the Saleen suspension so I figured that the bit-n-pieces for the watts would be avail ??? or am I on crack again.

It better not be this hot next weekend.

Anyway, really sad news today. Scott Kalitta, NHRA Funny Car pilot, son of uber-legendary Connie Kalitta (Owner of Kalitta Flying Service) died today during qualifying. Never a huge fan of the Kalitta's at all, but this is still pretty tragic and very sad. It's all over youtube and I've read that he wasn't in the car when they found him, so it must have been pretty bad.

Man just crappy, crappy news.. ya know ?
Old 6/22/08, 05:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by habu

Anyway, really sad news today. Scott Kalitta, NHRA Funny Car pilot, son of uber-legendary Connie Kalitta (Owner of Kalitta Flying Service) died today during qualifying. Never a huge fan of the Kalitta's at all, but this is still pretty tragic and very sad. It's all over youtube and I've read that he wasn't in the car when they found him, so it must have been pretty bad.

Man just crappy, crappy news.. ya know ?
At Car's & Coffee yesterday we were just talking about drag racing and how the speeds have increased over the years. Teams are really pushing the limits these days, mechanical failures seem more common on runs now then ever. The explosion that took his life was very unusual especially when you think that the car was off acceleration by then. Tragic either way you cut it.

Jed
Old 6/22/08, 06:07 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by USMC0341
look good Steve

Great pics as always jed

Hey jed, how did you like my 7K rpm ricer flyby
Ya! I heard you reving it up just before you went ballistic The PJ!

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 6/22/08 at 12:33 PM.
Old 6/22/08, 09:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JedCranium
At Car's & Coffee yesterday we were just talking about drag racing and how the speeds have increased over the years. Teams are really pushing the limits these days, mechanical failures seem more common on runs now then ever. The explosion that took his life was very unusual especially when you think that the car was off acceleration by then. Tragic either way you cut it.

Jed
From what I read the speculation is that the explosion probably knocked him out/dazed him. The parachutes were never deployed... people that were there are saying that he never slowed down and was doing 300+ maybe 330+ into the sand trap... except it acted much like a ramp and not a trap, launched the car over the trap and into the guard wall, catch fence and the boom camera crane.
Old 6/22/08, 12:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Steve,

There's a rumor that you might have some rotors and brakes available.

Old 6/22/08, 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

[quote=Ray Man;5588306]Hey Steve,

I have all the take off parts from the 40th conversion including the Brembo's. I suppose you heard I have 4 stock G 500 rims w/tires also ?
Old 6/22/08, 03:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Hey Steve,

Off topic: Quick is back up and I can access it Ray time to build a new PC and change your name and avitar FRAG!

Jed
Old 6/22/08, 03:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the pics Jed!

Now, what is "Quick"?
Old 6/22/08, 05:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FormerGmc
Thanks for the pics Jed!

Now, what is "Quick"?
Quick is a server we play on-line.

I might be interested in the brake set-up. Wanna talk?
Old 6/23/08, 03:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Quick is a server we play on-line.

I might be interested in the brake set-up. Wanna talk?
Hey! Girls you should upgrade your TMS subscription so that your avitar is bigger and you get to use the "gallery" w/ larger pictures only $15.00 bones/year. Plus I think you get more PM storage Come join the in-crowed

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 6/23/08 at 03:17 AM.
Old 6/23/08, 08:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm sure TacoBill will post today I think he's back from Vegas. What happens in Vegas get posted on TMS right? Bill what's the update on the stang .

Jed
Old 6/23/08, 09:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Haven't posted in awhile. Been deal with issues with my supercharger install and installer. Last issue to be ironed out this friday. The original shop which did my install bassically bailed on my, never returned my calls(even though I'm waiting on a part from him) and he deleted both his work e-mails. I've had problems with my fuel sender since day one and problems with communication with this shop owner Don Walker (Modular Madness aka Gulf Coast Dyno) since we first met for this supercharger deal.

Car died on me once and I called him with no returned call ever. Anyways, I'll deff post a much more detailed thread about my experience with this shady shop owner. Apparently he has a god awful rep online. Tons of shady deals and messed up cars. Least my stuff is minor compaired to others.

Have another shop helping me out, they fixed my guages last week which when they saw the mess Don made they were baffled. No idea what he had done in there, explains why the guages never worked. And now this friday I go and there going to fix my fuel sender issue.

This new shop's an hour away which I should have originally went with but because their about an hour away I didn't and went with convience. I'll update later. Just a little FYI to any of the local Tampa Bay area owners looking for a shop. And I'll deff be posting this story on every forum I can get access too. Dont want anyone to end up like me(spending over $500 to fix a mess) or worse.
Old 6/23/08, 09:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey! Girls you should upgrade your TMS subscription so that your avitar is bigger and you get to use the "gallery" w/ larger pictures only $15.00 bones/year. Plus I think you get more PM storage Come join the in-crowed

Jed
Welcome to two years ago Jed.

Originally Posted by JonCo
Haven't posted in awhile. Been deal with issues with my supercharger install and installer. Last issue to be ironed out this friday. The original shop which did my install bassically bailed on my, never returned my calls(even though I'm waiting on a part from him) and he deleted both his work e-mails. I've had problems with my fuel sender since day one and problems with communication with this shop owner Don Walker (Modular Madness aka Gulf Coast Dyno) since we first met for this supercharger deal.

Car died on me once and I called him with no returned call ever. Anyways, I'll deff post a much more detailed thread about my experience with this shady shop owner. Apparently he has a god awful rep online. Tons of shady deals and messed up cars. Least my stuff is minor compaired to others.

Have another shop helping me out, they fixed my guages last week which when they saw the mess Don made they were baffled. No idea what he had done in there, explains why the guages never worked. And now this friday I go and there going to fix my fuel sender issue.

This new shop's an hour away which I should have originally went with but because their about an hour away I didn't and went with convience. I'll update later. Just a little FYI to any of the local Tampa Bay area owners looking for a shop. And I'll deff be posting this story on every forum I can get access too. Dont want anyone to end up like me(spending over $500 to fix a mess) or worse.
Sorry to hear yet another POTR member is having FI issues. POTR is cursed.
Old 6/23/08, 09:36 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JonCo

Sorry to hear about the troubles. At least it's getting fixed now. Do keep us up-to-date on it all.
Old 6/23/08, 09:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm sure TacoBill will post today I think he's back from Vegas. What happens in Vegas get posted on TMS right? Bill what's the update on the stang .

Jed

Good god I hope so. Come Bill... post up some lurid details, we won't tell anyone ....
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

Sorry to hear yet another POTR member is having FI issues. POTR is cursed.

Jon, sorry to hear that. I'm glad it's being worked out. I can't imagine the frustration.

Hey Leo watch it with the cursed business, OK ? Some of us don't need additional wind while we're up on the tightrope....... Let me make a couple of passes @ Irwindale first

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)