The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Ponies on The Run (Again) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/ponies-run-again-432873/)

OKCMustangGT 6/8/06 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I posted that then went to bed. Was hoping it had something different for us to look at. I guess there is only one way to cut a hole in your hood!

Does the block-off plate still come with the kit? If so, are you going to use it?

Nope, didn't see it or any mention of it in the instructions.

I see you changed the "Mustang" in your avatar to white (for the stripes?). Try making the "t" blue for the gap.

LOL, yea I was messing with that got tired and went to bed myself. :)

89Trooper 6/8/06 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Nope, didn't see it or any mention of it in the instructions.

I think they got rid of it so the car could breath easier. I read somewhere that they were having bogging issues with the plate installed.

OKCMustangGT 6/8/06 07:51 AM

I think they got rid of it so the car could breath easier. I read somewhere that they were having bogging issues with the plate installed.

Makes sense, especially when you were not moving or not moving very fast. Not enough air flow.

89Trooper 6/8/06 08:15 AM

My shaker kit was sent on the 6th and will be here tomorrow. Brick got my email wrong (my fault probably due to my rushing). I'm glad it's coming tomorrow and not today. If it came today, I would want to put it in, but I already have camber plans!

My next "weekend" my father-in-law will be in town, so it won't be installed until the following "weekend"... June 21 & 22.

Unlesssss.... I drive my truck for a week and work on it a little every morning... hmmmmm.

OKCMustangGT 6/8/06 08:26 AM

My shaker kit was sent on the 6th and will be here tomorrow. Brick got my email wrong (my fault probably due to my rushing). I'm glad it's coming tomorrow and not today. If it came today, I would want to put it in, but I already have camber plans!

My next "weekend" my father-in-law will be in town, so it won't be installed until the following "weekend"... June 21 & 22.

Unlesssss.... I drive my truck for a week and work on it a little every morning... hmmmmm.

LOL, Tom reasoning again, I love it.
I might actually get to install it this Sunday, if things go right. "ShAkE" some things up, especially at 7am on a Sunday :-D

I go pick up my son Saturday afternoon. I haven't seen him in 2 weeks now :(
Amazing how much you want a break from them and then miss them so much when they are not around.

TacoBill 6/8/06 08:42 AM

Daryl is softening up... I see the Steeda's in his future mod list! :metal:

Also an Alpine deck!

I know what you mean about the boy. My kid is a stinker some time, but he's my little buddy.

89Trooper 6/8/06 12:22 PM

Now I'm tracking my shipment via UPS, and they put down Pony Circle instead of Tony Circle. I may have been rushing, but I DID spell everything for him. I called UPS and they can't change it until it's on a delivery truck. Hopefully tomorrow morning I can call and have them send a message to the driver.

OKCMustangGT 6/8/06 12:27 PM

Now I'm tracking my shipment via UPS, and they put down Pony Circle instead of Tony Circle. I may have been rushing, but I DID spell everything for him. I called UPS and they can't change it until it's on a delivery truck. Hopefully tomorrow morning I can call and have them send a message to the driver.

Were you standing on the toilet when you ordered? That would explain the discrepancies because you would have been "High on Pot" when you ordered. :-D

TacoBill 6/8/06 12:28 PM

I think you had Mustang on the brain when talking to the Brickman! :jester:

Should be no problem with the delivery. I've had street name typos delivered to me just fine. Unless of course, there is a 'Pony Circle' within your zip code.

TacoBill 6/8/06 02:05 PM

I found a roll of the green Scotch 233+.

But, it cost me $9.88!! :eek: ... for masking tape.

Oh well! I needed it for the upcoming stripe project.

89Trooper 6/8/06 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I think you had Mustang on the brain when talking to the Brickman! :jester:

Should be no problem with the delivery. I've had street name typos delivered to me just fine. Unless of course, there is a 'Pony Circle' within your zip code.

Or he had Mustang on the brain... I wish my address was Pony Circle!

No Pony Circle in my ZIP, but Mapquest kept coming up with Pine Streets, and Pine Circles.

I'll still call UPS in the morning when it hits the "Out for Delivery" status.

89Trooper 6/8/06 02:26 PM

Camber adjustment with the cam bolts went fine. No pics, but here's how I did it:

1. Wrote down angles with the tires on the ground (straight edge from rim lip to rim lip).

2. Jacked up car and put it on jack stands so it was solid (didn't have to necessarily be level).

3. Removed wheel and put one "open end" lug nut on rotor so it was tight.

4. Wrote down angle of rotor.

5. Replaced upper bolt with cam bolt and loosened lower bolt.

6. Tightened both hand tight so they didn't move easily, but so I could still make adjustments.

7. Rotated cam bolt so the rotor moved the number of degrees necessary from step 1.

8. Tightened upper bolt to 85 lb/ft and lower bolt to 120 lb/ft and rechecked angle.

Example:

Left side had -1.9 degrees camber (I want to add .9 to make it -1.0).
With the car on jack stands, the rotor was at +1.4 degrees camber.
So, I added .9 degrees to the rotor angle making it +2.3 degrees.
When lowered back down, camber will be -1.0 degrees.

TacoBill 6/8/06 03:16 PM

When lowered back down, camber will be -1.0 degrees.

So now you're at -1.0 degrees for both sides?

Sounds like you did it. :)

TacoBill 6/8/06 03:18 PM

Okay... 1 more for post #1000!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...eelsuckers.gif

89Trooper 6/8/06 03:20 PM

So now you're at -1.0 degrees for both sides?

Yes, after I drove around for awhile I pulled back into the garage to the same marked spots.

Both front rims bounce back and forth from 88.9 to 89.0 degrees on the angle finder. So, I'm right on the edge of -1.0 degrees camber. I'll recheck after a few days of driving.

Congrats on the Cobra status... I was watching for that!

OKCMustangGT 6/9/06 08:50 AM

OK, I been thinking again. :eek: Yes I know that is dangerous.
What do you guys think about Clear Corners (with stealths) on Vista Blue??
Here are some pics provided by Bill of HighRoller's car with them installed.
LINK
Opinions please

89Trooper 6/9/06 09:19 AM

Looks much better... just no amber anywhere else on the car! Where are you going to get them?

TacoBill 6/9/06 09:29 AM

OK, I been thinking again. :eek: Yes I know that is dangerous.
What do you guys think about Clear Corners (with stealths) on Vista Blue??
Here are some pics provided by Bill of HighRoller's car with them installed.
LINK
Opinions please

I like them too. There's nothing wrong with the way the clears look on VB.

You can also see how the CDC Classic chin spoiler looks on VB as well.

You're on the way to setting up your Mustang apart from the rest! Good job so far! (please, no fuzzy dice! :jester: )

OKCMustangGT 6/9/06 09:56 AM

Where are you going to get them?

HERE looks to be cheapest I'v seen. Any better/cheaper options?

You can also see how the CDC Classic chin spoiler looks on VB as well.

I definitely like the looks of the CDC Classic Chin Spoiler.
Notice it resides in my "Near Future Mods" List :-D

89Trooper 6/9/06 10:12 AM

HERE looks to be cheapest I'v seen. Any better/cheaper options?

They are going for over $100 on eBay, so that sounds like a good price!