The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Ponies on The Run (Again) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/ponies-run-again-432873/)

89Trooper 6/7/06 07:53 PM

I had to do it... I only had until 6pm!

TacoBill 6/7/06 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
My boss, and his boss, and his boss (it was a big, big down time) were right outside the bathroom door... and I'm sitting on the toilet ordering a shaker system.

Are you kidding me?? You're crazy, Tom! Boss man was probably thinking, "Who the heck is he talking to?".

I'm glad you got your priorities right... Mustang first! :yup:

TacoBill 6/7/06 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Hmm What could this possibly be ??

Yeap you guessed it CDC "ShAkErrr" Hood System

Looks awesome, Daryl! Can't wait for the install pics and write-up.

It's going to look very cool on your freshly striped VB.

89Trooper 6/7/06 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Boss man was probably thinking, "Who the heck is he talking to?".

I was whispering...
He read everything back to me okay, though (the guy at Mustang Tuning).

OKCMustangGT 6/7/06 09:04 PM

I was whispering...
He read everything back to me okay, though (the guy at Mustang Tuning).

I thought he was joking when he told me his name. Brick ?? WTF ? :dunno:

89Trooper 6/7/06 09:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Tomorrow Mike and I are going to install our cam bolts and I'm going to use the digital angle finder to set the camber to the exact "before lowering" settings (-1.0 L and R on both cars). Right now L and R are both around -1.4 degrees (which is actually STILL in range of -.75 +/- .75 degrees).

We will then use some strings on the tires and a little trigonometry to set the toe. From lowering, toe went to about -.50 degrees (toed-out). The range is +.10 +/- .20 degrees. Per the DVD, you don't have to remove the tie-rod end from the spindle to adjust toe... you just loosen the jam nut and turn the inner tie rod. 1 to 2 turns (if that) should do it.

Attachment 1805

Then I'll pop into an alignment shop that offers free alignment checks to see how close we got! I know camber will be dead on... it's so easy to check with the angle finder. Toe should be close, but I'll be curious if we get it in the green.

89Trooper 6/7/06 09:10 PM

I thought he was joking when he told me his name. Brick ?? WTF ? :dunno:

I know... I felt embarrassed to ask for him. Is this, uh, Brick?

TacoBill 6/7/06 09:12 PM

Tomorrow Mike and I are going to install our cam bolts and I'm going to use the digital angle finder to set the camber to the exact "before lowering" settings (-1.0 L and R on both cars). Right now L and R are both around -1.4 degrees (which is actually STILL in range of -.75 +/- .75 degrees).

I'm sure you guys will be fine after your adjustments. Because our Steeda drop is mild, it never really got whacked out of tolerance, just nudged. :)

Too bad there's no West End Alignment on your side of the country.

Speaking of cam bolts, I have a brand new set still in the bag.. Daryl, are you reading this? Maybe a little bartering? :hmm:

89Trooper 6/7/06 09:22 PM

Speaking of cam bolts, I have a brand new set still in the bag..

Still have the pic of yours? I'm curious how they compare to mine.

OKCMustangGT 6/7/06 09:31 PM

I'm sure you guys will be fine after your adjustments. Because our Steeda drop is mild, it never really got whacked out of tolerance, just nudged. :)

Too bad there's no West End Alignment on your side of the country.

Speaking of cam bolts, I have a brand new set still in the bag.. Daryl, are you reading this? Maybe a little bartering? :hmm:

LOL< we can talk IF I get the Stang lowered.

TacoBill 6/7/06 09:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Still have the pic of yours? I'm curious how they compare to mine.

Here's a pic I ripped from the internet. Mine are the same, but in a sealed poly bag in an Eibach box.

Eibach Pro-Alignment Kit for Multiple Fitments 5.81260K

TacoBill 6/7/06 09:39 PM

LOL< we can talk IF I get the Stang lowered.

IF? Hahaha! That's the answer Tom started with.

It's your destiny, don't fight it. :grin:

89Trooper 6/7/06 09:42 PM

Here's a pic I ripped from the internet. Mine are the same, but in a sealed poly bag in an Eibach box.

Eibach Pro-Alignment Kit for Multiple Fitments 5.81260K

I went to your spring install thread and got the part number. Same part number as mine and they look exactly the same. Mine have the 10.9 marking on the head which is Metric Carbon Steel Quenched & Tempered and the equivalant of an 8.8 hardened SAE bolt (the same as we use at work on our rides). Does yours have the marking, too?

TacoBill 6/7/06 09:45 PM

I went to your spring install thread and got the part number. Same part number as mine and they look exactly the same. Mine have the 10.9 marking on the head which is Metric Carbon Steel Quenched & Tempered and the equivalant of an 8.8 hardened SAE bolt (the same as we use at work on our rides). Does yours have the marking, too?

Dunno, never looked closely at the bolts. But, being the same PN#, I'd have to say they're the same.

8.8 hardness? Wow, that's stiff.

89Trooper 6/7/06 09:48 PM

IF? Hahaha! That's the answer Tom started with.

It's your destiny, don't fight it. :grin:

Yeah... IF!

89Trooper 6/7/06 09:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Dunno, never looked closely at the bolts. But, being the same PN#, I'd have to say they're the same.

8.8 hardness? Wow, that's stiff.

Yeah, I don't know why people worry about going from the 14mm to the 12mm bolt. I'd like to see them break that.

Here are the torques:

Attachment 1807

If the factory 14mm is 10.9, they are over the recommended torque for that bolt (DVD manual says 148 lb/ft - max is 131). So, I can put 83 lb/ft on the 12mm and be safe (cam bolt instructions say 75 lb/ft).

89Trooper 6/7/06 10:29 PM

ATTENTION DARYL

Mustang Monthly: How to Install an '05-'06 Shaker Hoodscoop

I didn't read it yet, but they have 20 pictures of the install.

TacoBill 6/7/06 10:30 PM

Yeah, I don't know why people worry about going from the 14mm to the 12mm bolt. I'd like to see them break that.

Where do you find this stuff? You're the research King! :hail:

As you know in (most) all manufacturing assemblies that carry people, they're over-engineered. Our airplanes can probably fly with half the number of fasteners, but because of safety, they have more than the required number of fasteners.

So will the 12mm bolt work? Sure it will.

Is the 14mm overkill? Probably, but to err on the side of safety is always better.

OKCMustangGT 6/8/06 06:49 AM

Mustang Monthly: How to Install an '05-'06 Shaker Hoodscoop
I didn't read it yet, but they have 20 pictures of the install.

Nice pictures, but no more information, tips or tricks than we already knew. They didn't even do the work. They used CDC's show car that already had the shaker installed.
I will give at least that good of a write-up. :)

89Trooper 6/8/06 06:54 AM

I posted that then went to bed. Was hoping it had something different for us to look at. I guess there is only one way to cut a hole in your hood!

Does the block-off plate still come with the kit? If so, are you going to use it?

I won't be using it if it still comes in the kit. I'll allow air to come in the normal stock way and through the scoop.

I see you changed the "Mustang" in your avatar to white (for the stripes?). Try making the "t" blue for the gap.