The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Ponies on The Run (Again) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/ponies-run-again-432873/)

TacoBill 4/18/06 11:48 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 18, 2006, 10:09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Looks great, Bill! Now you'll have to tell us how it is when driving (and foot comfort).

During shifting, when I lift up the clutch I feel a slight slippage of the rubber cover (at least I guess that's what it is). I'm sure these would eliminate that problem all together.

Is the group buy still available? I think it was through April 29th if I'm not mistaken. Was the heel gaurd and footrest all part of the deal, too?

You may have told us before, but for some reason I've been pre-occupied with rims and tires!

MAN! Looking at it again, they look awesome with those floor mats... I think you just spent some more of my money!
[/b][/quote]
Thanks! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Yes, I believe the TMS Group Buy is still in effect, although I think its up until ** EDIT- SEE BELOW **.

If anyones interested, here's the GB discount coupon code for the 20% off, 1135060621.
AutoVation - Mustang pedals

My total came out to $135.90 ($126.40 plus $9.50 S/H).
(btw- they use Paypal)

How do they feel? Solid. No more cushy/rubbery feeling when pressing down on the pedals.

Like I mentioned, the dead pedal is not mounted solid, so it feels a bit wobbly. For now, it's better than putting your left dirty shoe on the carpet. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Group Buy info thread

TacoBill 4/18/06 02:06 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 18, 2006, 8:58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The car is in my garage when I'm at home, but the sun really beats down on it at work from about 2:30 until it gets dark.
[/b][/quote]
Tom- I think the protection a car cover offers, no matter what brand, is better than no cover at all.
To protect the paint and interior from the sun's ray will add years to the car's finish and appearance.

I would look into a cover that's easy to handle (thinner the easier) and will provide adequate UV protection.
The Block-IT 200 cover may be good enough.

The multi-layered covers (like the Noah, Evolution 4, etc.) offer 'all climate' protection and is probably not needed for you. Unless, you think it may be exposed to harsher environments.

Anyone else using a car cover?

89Trooper 4/18/06 03:14 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 18, 2006, 4:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I would look into a cover that's easy to handle (thinner the easier) and will provide adequate UV protection.
The Block-IT 200 cover may be good enough. [/b][/quote]I'm thinking the same thing... I'll spend the extra money if needed, but if it isn't needed then I'd rather have the more lightweight material.

TacoBill 4/18/06 04:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 18, 2006, 2:17 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm thinking the same thing... I'll spend the extra money if needed, but if it isn't needed then I'd rather have the more lightweight material.
[/b][/quote]
Here I go pushing my accessories again.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Ever consider the TMS Ford car cover? Super light weight cover, carry bag, cable lock, all included!

Latest offer is Free Shipping! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

THE MUSTANG SOURCE LOGO/CLEVPARTS CAR COVER

89Trooper 4/18/06 05:10 PM

I ended up getting the second cover I listed in this link:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=666425

I'm sure for my needs it will be fine... The first one in that link will be too bulky, I think.

I also just ordered the same pedals that bill got! And the heel guard! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

TacoBill 4/18/06 10:42 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 18, 2006, 4:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I ended up getting the second cover I listed in this link:

I also just ordered the same pedals that bill got! And the heel guard! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
You got the Polycotton cover?

You'll like the AutoVation pedals, they're pretty high on the 'cool list' of mods! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

89Trooper 4/18/06 11:44 PM

No, the second cover I listed:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...15&autoview=sku

(The 200) - should be good enough for what I'm using it for.

TacoBill 4/19/06 07:19 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 18, 2006, 10:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
No, the second cover I listed:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...15&autoview=sku

(The 200) - should be good enough for what I'm using it for.
[/b][/quote]
Good you got that one, the cotton one wouldn't last too long outside.

btw- I'll be heading out to my first Mustang club drive-in tonight! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] Mustang Cafe

89Trooper 4/19/06 07:40 AM

You scared me for a second... I thought, "What? I ordered a polycotton cover?". I had to go check, then I saw that the polycotton was the 2nd cover listed in the picture.

I'm sure you'll have a great time at the drive-in showing off your car!

It says it's 8 hours, 30 minutes away... I'd be early!

Remember to take pictures, as you are a picture girl of ill repute!

TacoBill 4/19/06 07:49 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 19, 2006, 6:43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It says it's 8 hours, 30 minutes away... I'd be early!

Remember to take pictures, as you are a picture girl of ill repute!
[/b][/quote]
Oh I'll be there early (like an hour), I don't want to park my pride & joy out back near the dumpsters! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Not to worry, I'll take plenty of pics... I won't let you down, Tom! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

OKCMustangGT 4/19/06 08:48 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 19, 2006, 8:52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Oh I'll be there early (like an hour), I don't want to park my pride & joy out back near the dumpsters! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Not to worry, I'll take plenty of pics... I won't let you down, Tom! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
You taking the boy, family or just solo it?

And you guys sucked me into the AutoVation Pedal Group Buy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] Ordered mine this morning.
D A M N Y O U ! ! ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll.gif[/img]

TacoBill 4/19/06 08:56 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 19, 2006, 7:51 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You taking the boy, family or just solo it?

And you guys sucked me into the AutoVation Pedal Group Buy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] Ordered mine this morning.
D A M N Y O U ! ! ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Taking the whole family! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] I'm even springing for dinner! I'm pulling out all the stops for this evening's event.

Hehehe! The power of suggestion! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
(Don't worry Daryl, you'll love the pedals.)

89Trooper 4/19/06 09:51 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 19, 2006, 10:51 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>And you guys sucked me into the AutoVation Pedal Group Buy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] Ordered mine this morning.
D A M N Y O U ! ! ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll.gif[/img][/b][/quote]Get the same kind Bill and I got?

Competition Matte Pedals?

Get the heel guard?

Can't wait to see how the heel guard looks on the Crimson mats!

OKCMustangGT 4/19/06 10:30 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 19, 2006, 10:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Get the same kind Bill and I got?[/b][/quote]
Yes [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 19, 2006, 10:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Competition Matte Pedals?[/b][/quote]
Get the heel guard?[/b][/quote]
Can't wait to see how the heel guard looks on the Crimson mats![/b][/quote]
Should look awsome. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Now should I get some NEW floor mats or just use the stock till they wear out ??

TacoBill 4/19/06 10:47 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 19, 2006, 9:33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Now should I get some NEW floor mats or just use the stock till they wear out ??
[/b][/quote]
The only reason why I got new mats was for the 'Ford Racing' logo. I think they look pretty cool. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
I got mine from here
Note: Mats are only the front two, no rears.

The thickness of the mats are about the same as the OEM ones. Some of the aftermarket mats are more plush. If you go aftermarket, take notice the location of any logos. You don't want it partially covered by the heel guard.

89Trooper 4/19/06 02:24 PM

I'm not sure what y'all's wheel wells look like, but they did a crappy job undercoating mine:

[attachmentid=47348]

You really don't notice it unless you kneel down and look, but I'm going to re-do it when I change my wheels.

I'll be dropping off the rims I ordered at the tire place to have the tires mounted, then I'll take them home in my Ranger. At each corner during the swap, I'll tape off the body really good and spray a few coats of this in the wheel wells (actually only in the rear):

It dry's quick and does NOT stay tacky. Some undercoating do and they collect dirt. This turns into a hard rubber and really cuts down on road noise. Plus, I'll show a before and after pic with the tire off to really show the difference.

[attachmentid=47349]

TacoBill 4/19/06 02:29 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 19, 2006, 1:27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm not sure what y'all's wheel wells look like, but they did a crappy job undercoating mine:

[attachmentid=47348]
[/b][/quote]
Dang! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Now I'll have to look at mine!

89Trooper 4/19/06 02:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 19, 2006, 4:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Dang! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Now I'll have to look at mine![/b][/quote]To tell you the truth, I was going to use that undercoating no matter what... I always do... it really looks nice when it's done. That's why I kneeled down to take a look at it. I just didn't expect to see it that bare!

I would do it now, but I might as well wait until I'm making the wheel swap.

Bill, when/if you do take off one of your wheels, get a weight if you can. I'm curious how my 18" rim/tire weight will compare to yours.

My 17" stock rim/tire weighed in at 50.5 lbs, and Mike's 20" rim/tire weighed 62 lbs. 11.5 lbs more! I knew 20's were heavy, but that's a 23% incease.

TacoBill 4/19/06 03:15 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 19, 2006, 1:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill, when/if you do take off one of your wheels, get a weight if you can. I'm curious how my 18" rim/tire weight will compare to yours.
[/b][/quote]
Hmm.. I'll have to see if my in-laws have a scale at the house. I don't have one.

I guess I can compare it to a sack of potatoes! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

89Trooper 4/19/06 03:29 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 19, 2006, 5:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I guess I can compare it to a sack of potatoes! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img][/b][/quote]I'm looking for a tad more accuracy...