General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

No respect I tell ya. No respect.

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/14, 01:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38

Still agree. Again, at 21k and 250hp it would be a great car...
...add another 49 ft/lbs. for a total of 200tq and it would be a great car and a total steal at 21K.

The 151 ft/lbs. doesn't cut it lol. I can calculate that much power with a torque wrench haha
Old 6/20/14, 05:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by White2010
...and its just Toyota ripping off their customers.
They're doing it with the Prius and have been now for years. Why should any other model from them be any different?
Old 6/20/14, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
They're doing it with the Prius and have been now for years. Why should any other model from them be any different?

I agree with you about the Prius but I think we should also keep in mind that as a general rule, buying a new car from just about any car company is a ripoff. Ford for instance doesn't bother to paint the rear axles on most of the Mustangs they sell. Mine has surface rust from one hub to the other after only 5K miles. I'll end up painting it myself but for as much money as a new Mustang costs there is no excuse for not putting a coat of paint on the rear axle. Its just Ford saving themselves 10 or 20 bucks an axle in paint costs and the customer end up with a rusty axle that looks like crap. I understand its not going to affect the performance of the car but for this much money the axle should be painted. Just a small example of what I'm talking about and some cars are clearly a bigger rip off than others but the truth is that new cars in general are way overpriced for what you get.
Old 6/21/14, 09:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by White2010
I agree with you about the Prius but I think we should also keep in mind that as a general rule, buying a new car from just about any car company is a ripoff. Ford for instance doesn't bother to paint the rear axles on most of the Mustangs they sell. Mine has surface rust from one hub to the other after only 5K miles. I'll end up painting it myself but for as much money as a new Mustang costs there is no excuse for not putting a coat of paint on the rear axle. Its just Ford saving themselves 10 or 20 bucks an axle in paint costs and the customer end up with a rusty axle that looks like crap. I understand its not going to affect the performance of the car but for this much money the axle should be painted. Just a small example of what I'm talking about and some cars are clearly a bigger rip off than others but the truth is that new cars in general are way overpriced for what you get.
Same with everything. It's called inflation, and for $20/axle, Ford is not about to say, "yeah, let's cater to the 1-2% of people that care what color their axle is and spend an extra $20/car to paint them." It's just not going to happen. Most people who own cars never even SEE the rear axle for the entire time they own the vehicle, much less care what color it is. Little things like that have gone the way of the dodo because if people don't care, then the manufacturer isn't going to expend time/money to focus on it. As far as something being a rip-off, it depends upon how valuable it is to you; case in point, my '13 Shelby. I could have paid a hell of a lot more for it and still felt I got what I paid for because of what it's worth to me. In the case of Toyota, they're ripping people off because they're selling their cars as something they're simply not--green vehicles. Idiots driving around in them think they're saving the earth, when the actual cost in materials and carbon footprint to make the Prius is higher than it is for any other automobile Toyota makes--and higher than most other manufacturers' vehicles as well. Operating costs, when taking into consideration the extended life of the vehicle, climb higher than most internal-combustion-powered cars. That, to me, is what defines them as rip-off artists.
Old 6/21/14, 09:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford really could have just not put in the gimmicky sound-tube end painted the rear end lol.

Now I have to delete the stupid tube and paint the axle myself haha
Old 6/21/14, 09:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by KushBandit
Ford really could have just not put in the gimmicky sound-tube end painted the rear end lol. Now I have to delete the stupid tube and paint the axle myself haha
Lol. I totally agree. You are describing my summer plans.
Old 6/23/14, 10:52 AM
V6 Member

It's fun to drive for a day but I tell you, it will get really boring REALLY fast. I had a Genesis coupe 3.8 r-spec which was almost the same concept, rwd/300hp/light-ish, came with brembos and lsd and I tell you. After a while of having no torque down low, I almost died.

The Gt saved my life. Lolol

It was nice riding in an frs, low, stiffish suspension, fun, but for $23k? I'd rather have a mustang v6 or even a WRX
Old 7/17/14, 11:39 AM
Bullitt Member

I just don't understand.... They put Prius tires on it so it would have less traction... On purpose??

Is that so they feel better about spending that kind of money on an under powered car? Look, I can spin the wheels!!
Old 7/17/14, 05:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Yes. That's sort of the point of the BRZ/FRS twins: Drifting. So by putting the skinny tires on, you don't have to put as much horsepower/torque to get the spinning wheels, and off you go, Drift Champeen Of Da Werld!

Old 7/17/14, 05:01 PM

Scion = FR-S

Subaru = BRZ

Both run on Prius tyres.

G
Old 7/17/14, 05:54 PM

Can't believe some people... smh. Must be a bunch of skinny jean wearing, pointless tattoo having sushi eating hipsters on this site. Seriously!! You want to compare a man's car with a high school kids car?? Please... When I drop my daughter off at school, all the kids turn there head's. My daughter hates the attention. I just smile and drive away as they listen to the stampede of horses roaring away. BOOM
Old 7/17/14, 06:08 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I just realized that BOOM backwards is MOOB.

A slang term for a man boob.

Anyway, carry on...
Old 7/20/14, 05:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I think the OP was just being sarcastic, never the less, everyone has different tastes in cars. Some people buy and mod their cars to show, others mod it to go. I bought my Mustang because it's what I wanted and I enjoy driving it, I didn't buy it to be noticed.
Old 7/28/14, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I surprised nobody posted this yet, given the title of the thread...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLGxWPtgodo
Old 7/29/14, 08:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rhonda14
Can't believe some people... smh. Must be a bunch of skinny jean wearing, pointless tattoo having sushi eating hipsters on this site. Seriously!! You want to compare a man's car with a high school kids car?? Please... When I drop my daughter off at school, all the kids turn there head's. My daughter hates the attention. I just smile and drive away as they listen to the stampede of horses roaring away. BOOM
because we have to be "a bunch of skinny jean wearing, pointless tattoo having sushi eating hipsters" to enjoy a variety of cars besides mustangs? That's ridiculous to believe that.
And at the same time that you drop your daughter off in your mustang, someone could easily pull up in a Ferrari or similar and your mustang would get zero attention. Everyone should appreciate all cars for what they are instead of bashing them all the time.
Old 8/1/14, 10:44 AM

Ferrari... At my daughter's school?? Yeah Okay....funny
Old 8/1/14, 09:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rhonda14
Ferrari... At my daughter's school?? Yeah Okay....funny
You are taking the kid too literally; he just used Ferrari as an example of a machine to stack up against a Mustang.

And, FWIW, I have been on this forum long enough to know that most all of those who care enough to post their opinions here really know their $#!+ when it comes to Mustangs, and-- comfortable enough in their knowledge that we all love our ponies-- many aren't shy about expressing some admiration for other brands which produce a model which they deem worthy of recognition. It don't hurt a thang.