2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/04, 07:59 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I am one of those that havent preordered, for a few reasons that is. Most important being I want to make sure my tall frame is comfortable in the driving seat.

But I've been talking to many of the dealers here in Milwaukee for some time. And I think yesterday put me over the edge. I do qualify for an X-Plan price and the dealership told me they wouldn't let me order one let alone buy one off the lot at that price. But he has 2 coming in that I could buy for between 1,000 - 3,000 over MSRP. I told the guy he was nuts in not so many words.

THe other dealer I've been talking to finally informed me yesterday that they have a guy in Indiana willing to pay whatever it takes to get the GT off the lot. I asked him about ordering and he basically told me they would let me order, but the priority would be pretty low until the lot is full. They are just turning down my money. I can't believe that.

The other dealer wouldn't let me order with X-Plan as well. He says they lose too much money on those deals. When I called him on it saying they get reimbursed he changed his tune. Then he started telling me all about how newspapers and the internet have ruined his business. Everyone knows what invoice is and whats that. He says only MSRP should be published so they make more money. I couldn't believe he was that honest. WHich I respected, but it irks me that he had such an attitude.

Just feel like I have to let off some steam because the dealers here all see to be asses. I don't need to be the first on the block with a new pony, but I'd like to get some respect. Anyone else deal with these problems? Anyone have a good contact in Milwaukee?

Thanks guys!
Dennis
Old 10/12/04, 08:04 AM
Bullitt Member

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Wait and see this will be the norm when the cars start to arrive. Just watch out and remember they will make more of them.
Old 10/12/04, 08:11 AM
wrb
V6 Member

Originally posted by cyoda44@October 12, 2004, 8:07 AM
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Wait and see this will be the norm when the cars start to arrive. Just watch out and remember they will make more of them.
Exactly, you are a wise person ! All of the "got to have it now" people are going to pay too much . It's the same car 3 months from now , only cheaper.
Old 10/12/04, 08:21 AM

Well, I dont know of any good ones in WI, but if you are willing to drive to Indiana, I have the perfect dealer for you. I ordered a loaded GT from Jordan Ford (just east of South Bend) on the X-Plan with NO problems.

Talk to David Broome (574) 259-1981 and tell him Neil sent you.

Not a 100% sure if they will sell one off their lot at X-Plan (never asked) but I know they will order one.

Good Luck
Old 10/12/04, 08:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by wrb+October 12, 2004, 8:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wrb @ October 12, 2004, 8:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cyoda44@October 12, 2004, 8:07 AM
Exactly, you are a wise person ! All of the "got to have it now" people are going to pay too much . It's the same car 3 months from now , only cheaper. [/b][/quote]
I've one of those got to have it now people, and am paying below invoice. D plan

I understand D plan is not the norm, but many people who preorder arn't paying much more. They negotiated deals such as 500$ over invoice.
Old 10/12/04, 08:34 AM
V6 Member

I bought my 1999 from Scott Sawejka at Griffin Ford in Waukesha. He is a great guy, and gave me a great deal on an order out, $99 under invoice in December 1999 (ordered on 12-30-99, great time to buy: at the end of the year and end of the month. It took until May 2000 before it came in though). I am not sure what kind of pricing he will be able to give to you on the 05, but it is worth a call.
I have kept in touch with him over the years, and when I bought my 03 Cobra in August of 2003, I went to him and asked him to match the price I was getting from other dealers. He couldn't match it, but he tried hard. The other SVT dealers in Milwaukee were not even close to the price. So I ended up going to Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor. My salesperson there was Christine Hasenbush. She was great, no bs, very easy to work with. Got the Cobra at $800 below invoice, before rebates.
My recommendation in Milwaukee is to send around e-mails to as many dealers as you can, tell them in the e-mail specifically what you want to order, tell them the price you want to pay, and ask them to get back in touch with you if they want to accept your offer. Don't be afraid to cast a wide net: include Madison, Green Bay, Janesville, and Northern Illinois in your e-mail campaign. In my experience, the dealers in Milwaukee are not really willing to discount too much.
You can also try the dealers in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area like I did for my Cobra, they sell at plan prices all the time because of all the Ford employees and supplier employees there. It's not too bad of a drive back to Milwaukee once you get the car...by the time you get here, the car is almost all broken in!
Old 10/12/04, 09:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Djenders, you just got a PM. Let me know if I can help.
Old 10/12/04, 09:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
call me a "got to have it now" person, but paying 1500 under the MSRP isn't to shabby. Not as good as most people have gotten I'm sure, but I am more then happy with that deal.
Old 10/12/04, 12:04 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the help guys. It's nice to have some options that were sent along!

Dennis
Old 10/12/04, 01:18 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by cyoda44@October 12, 2004, 8:07 AM
this is something u should listen to my friend
Old 10/12/04, 01:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Called my dealer today, spoke to the rep., they have one Mustang coming in this week, but its not mine, its a Redfird GT that the dealer built. However, they have no status on my car what so ever, still no release number or anything, i don't know if the things friggen built. He told me that the factory is delayed with the GT models. This is very upsetting, i'm having second thoughts about waiting around for this Mustang, i've always driven Mustangs and I've always received a Mustang from this same dealer all the time, but this is rediculous...
Old 10/12/04, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88+October 12, 2004, 1:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RaGsHoCkEy88 @ October 12, 2004, 1:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cyoda44@October 12, 2004, 8:07 AM
this is something u should listen to my friend [/b][/quote]
Yup and this time next year there will be $3000 rebates or 0% for 60 months. . .

You will be able to pick up a basic new GT for right around $20,000

Example: 2004 F150 No rebates at first, now they have $4000 to $5000 rebates.
2003 Expedition: No rebates at first, after 6-9 months. . .$4000 rebates.

These were both new, highly anticipated models. The 2005 Mustang is an awesome car, but is just a highly produced car so will have rebates eventually. Heck even SVTs have rebates.
Old 10/12/04, 02:09 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Tell3131@October 12, 2004, 2:58 PM
Heck even SVTs have rebates.
That's how I got mine! $2,500 rebate on Cobra at end of the model year, when people had been paying up to $5,000 OVER MSRP when the 2003 Cobra first came out just 12 months earlier. I saved a ton of $$$ by waiting!

There will be rebates on 05 Mustangs this time next year, and there will be left overs on the lots to pick from. If you cannot wait, you will pay more now due to supply and demand. Economics 101, live and in action. If dealers have people willing to pay MSRP or more for a hot new product right now, you can't blame them.

But I also stand by my recommendation above. Send out a barrage of e-mails. Someone somewhere will order one out for you at invoice or just above. Heck if you wait 2 1/2 months for the end of the year to roll around, you will probably be able to get a deal on an order out at below invoice. When you order one at a great price, it may be awhile before it comes in, but eventually it will.
Old 10/12/04, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by djenders@October 12, 2004, 8:02 AM
Well I am one of those that havent preordered, for a few reasons that is. Most important being I want to make sure my tall frame is comfortable in the driving seat.

How tall are you? Did I miss you mentioning this?

I'm only 6'2" but I thought it felt great. Dramatically better than the current model.
Old 10/13/04, 09:04 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Nazgul+October 12, 2004, 9:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nazgul @ October 12, 2004, 9:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-djenders@October 12, 2004, 8:02 AM

I'm only 6'2" but I thought it felt great. Dramatically better than the current model. [/b][/quote]
I'm 6-3, but i've got some long hiney legs...I havent sat in an 03 or 04 but the previous mustangs I could steer with my knees...I didn't quite like that. But we'll see how the new one fits!
Old 10/18/04, 10:02 AM
V6 Member

Well thank you everyone! I found a dealer willing to give me X Plan pricing. Seeing what everyone else has been getting and the encouragement definitely helped. Hopefully I'll be among those here getting an 05 soon!

Regards,
Dennis
Old 10/18/04, 10:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats!
Old 10/18/04, 11:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
was it a dealer in the milwaukee area? which one? if you share the name, peraps i wont have to go through the trouble you did

do any of the milwaukee dealers even have 05 mustangs in stock? ford's website says they do, but the ones i called a couple days ago said they dont have them yet..
Old 10/18/04, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by djenders+October 13, 2004, 9:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (djenders @ October 13, 2004, 9:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Nazgul@October 12, 2004, 9:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-djenders
@October 12, 2004, 8:02 AM

I'm only 6'2" but I thought it felt great. Dramatically better than the current model.
i've got some long hiney legs... [/b][/quote]
lol
Old 10/18/04, 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by djenders@October 12, 2004, 8:02 AM

But I've been talking to many of the dealers here in Milwaukee for some time. And I think yesterday put me over the edge. I do qualify for an X-Plan price and the dealership told me they wouldn't let me order one let alone buy one off the lot at that price. But he has 2 coming in that I could buy for between 1,000 - 3,000 over MSRP. I told the guy he was nuts in not so many words.

THe other dealer I've been talking to finally informed me yesterday that they have a guy in Indiana willing to pay whatever it takes to get the GT off the lot. I asked him about ordering and he basically told me they would let me order, but the priority would be pretty low until the lot is full. They are just turning down my money. I can't believe that.

The other dealer wouldn't let me order with X-Plan as well. He says they lose too much money on those deals. When I called him on it saying they get reimbursed he changed his tune. Then he started telling me all about how newspapers and the internet have ruined his business. Everyone knows what invoice is and whats that. He says only MSRP should be published so they make more money. I couldn't believe he was that honest. WHich I respected, but it irks me that he had such an attitude.

Just feel like I have to let off some steam because the dealers here all see to be asses. I don't need to be the first on the block with a new pony, but I'd like to get some respect. Anyone else deal with these problems? Anyone have a good contact in Milwaukee?

Thanks guys!
Dennis
Just a suggestion, but try Jack Griffin Ford in Waukesha. We've always had pretty good luck with them.

Quick Reply: Disappointed