General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

No respect I tell ya. No respect.

Old 6/16/14, 01:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
I have some coffee cans laying around....I could use them for exhaust tips. Would that work?
Perfect.
Old 6/16/14, 02:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have some coffee cans laying around....I could use them for exhaust tips. Would that work?
That's how they get that cool sound? Time for some Folgers axlebacks
Old 6/16/14, 03:12 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe....... but if you put a single exhaust on it with a huge a$$ fart can, you are guaranteed to get their attention
Old 6/16/14, 06:21 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,618 Posts
I honestly really, really, REALLY don't understand how that fart can sound is enjoyable? Call me old but they all sound like **** to me!
Old 6/17/14, 06:38 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 947 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
I honestly really, really, REALLY don't understand how that fart can sound is enjoyable? Call me old but they all sound like **** to me!
I'll give the fart cans some credit though. It brings comedy to my wife and I whenever we are out on a drive. When one of those 'ricers' pass by with the fart can, we both look at each other and laugh. Happens every time. Same wave length.
Old 6/17/14, 07:10 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Farts belong under the covers or in crowded malls at Christmas-time.

Tom
Old 6/17/14, 07:20 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
All the rice hate aside, the FRS is a much better looking body than the mustang. The body lines are fantastic. If it came with the twin turbo Supra motor, your Mustang would be an inferior machine. Suck it up, your Stang is plain jane and the kids get it. Too bad most of you don't. I've been disappointed since 05' with the exception of a few choice models and even those are only exciting because of their power plants. You really have to do a lot of personalization to make the newer mustangs turn heads. And yes I laughed at the OP for getting looked over.
Old 6/17/14, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KushBandit
Ohh the irony....

Huh? People need to get riled up first for a need to relax . Mickstang and I are the only ones who commented against the FRS. Why do we need to relax? It's not like we were flaming someone lol.

Am I missing something?

This thread is a waste of bandwidth lol.
Sorry, Kush, but you're the Lone Ranger here; my post referenced the wannabe ricers Tom encountered, not the FRS. In fact, I probably wouldn't even recognize an FRS if one were parked right next to me... unless it was parked too close. Like I told Tom, they're not even on MY radar.
Old 6/18/14, 03:51 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
I'll give the fart cans some credit though. It brings comedy to my wife and I whenever we are out on a drive. When one of those 'ricers' pass by with the fart can, we both look at each other and laugh. Happens every time. Same wave length.
I've gotten my young daughters to recognize this at 8 & 11 already! They know what a good sounding car is and it ain't a fart can!!! :-)
Old 6/18/14, 11:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
The BRZ is nice...what's wrong with some BRZ/FR-S love?
Because the FRS and BRZ are POS.

Old 6/19/14, 01:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd probably be looking at the BRZ instead of the Mustang too, and I love Mustangs. I hardly ever see a BRZ and they do look nice. To me, there's nothing special about an ordinary black Mustang GT. Honestly, you seem kind of conceited by getting upset that someone seemed more interested in a car other than your own.
Old 6/19/14, 06:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Skylar
I'd probably be looking at the BRZ instead of the Mustang too, and I love Mustangs. I hardly ever see a BRZ and they do look nice. To me, there's nothing special about an ordinary black Mustang GT. Honestly, you seem kind of conceited by getting upset that someone seemed more interested in a car other than your own.
I think the post wasn't meant to be serious... I doubt he was actually "upset". The tone of the post seemed a little sarcastic in a joking way. Like others have said, not everyone is a muscle car person, and not everyone is into Mustangs.

Yes, the brz/frs is a good looking car. But a convertible is also an attention grabber! And it's a 5.0! It would smoke that brz/frs! How awkward would that be? Lol

Something like this happened to me too. Earlier this week I was at the gym parking lot. Top down. Car was just waxed and detailed the previous day so it was looking sexy. I have a black convertible GT too. This SUV rolls up beside me, slows down. I start to drive off. I hear "that's so sexy" so naturally I thought he was talking about my car.

Nope. He was talking about the yellow camaro 1LE that belonged to my bf, who was parked right next to me. I think that's a better rival than the brz/frs.

Complete face palm moment. I wasn't being conceited nor did I expect to demand attention. Just misjudged the onlooker to have taste. (this is called a joke)

For me, my head turns at every muscle car that passes by. While I agree that brz/frs is a nice looking car - it just doesn't rival a 420 hp convertible. There is NOTHING ordinary about a black Mustang GT.
Old 6/19/14, 06:29 AM
Bullitt Member

No respect I tell ya.  No respect.-image-612805848.jpg

BF's camaro 1LE for reference. Wish I had a sound clip of the exhaust. Sputters beautifully. But I think it gets more attention than normal bc it's yellow. We've gotten the "bumble bee" reference a zillion times already. And it doesn't look like the regular SS - the rear has a very different look.

Anyway, I always win the drag races and I don't think he let's me win.
Old 6/19/14, 06:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Great posts.....!
Old 6/19/14, 05:17 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by Petunia
BF's camaro 1LE for reference. Wish I had a sound clip of the exhaust. Sputters beautifully. But I think it gets more attention than normal bc it's yellow. We've gotten the "bumble bee" reference a zillion times already. And it doesn't look like the regular SS - the rear has a very different look. Anyway, I always win the drag races and I don't think he let's me win.
Nice balloons! :-)
Old 6/19/14, 07:51 PM
Banned

As someone who has owned both Toyota and Scion, bought 17 brand new cars and now on my third Mustang I can tell you with absolute certainty that the FR-S / BRZ is overpriced and under powered. It is not worth more than about 20 to 21 grand in stock configuration. The interior is so bland and lame that it makes 1990's era Mustangs look like luxury car interiors by comparison.

A stock V6 Mustang outperformed the much hyped FR-S on a road course and turned in a better lap time.

It is not worth the 26 to 30 grand that Scion wants for them and the sales figures speak volumes. The FR-S is a sales failure, not even achieving one third of what Toyota had estimated it would in annual sales.

Aside from the fact that Ford doesn't paint the rear axles on the Mustangs the Mustang is a better car in every respect. Performance, interior, build quality, and its even a pretty close race in the mpg if you opt for the V6 Mustang. Once the 2.3 Ecoboost Mustang hits the lots its going to flat out destroy the FR-S for the same money.

But to the original poster, if you really wanted those kids to appreciate your Mustang all you had to do was demonstrate how pathetically slow that FR-S is by comparison when the light changed. Or maybe you weren't sitting side by side I don't know.

At any rate, trust me, the FR-S is a lot of hype and well short on delivery. That is precisely why it has failed so miserably in the sales goals. I estimate that unless Toyota puts a real engine in the car that it won't last more that 3 to 5 years and it'll be dropped.

Last edited by White2010; 6/19/14 at 07:55 PM.
Old 6/19/14, 08:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by White2010
As someone who has owned both Toyota and Scion, bought 17 brand new cars and now on my third Mustang I can tell you with absolute certainty that the FR-S / BRZ is overpriced and under powered. It is not worth more than about 20 to 21 grand in stock configuration. The interior is so bland and lame that it makes 1990's era Mustangs look like luxury car interiors by comparison. A stock V6 Mustang outperformed the much hyped FR-S on a road course and turned in a better lap time. It is not worth the 26 to 30 grand that Scion wants for them and the sales figures speak volumes. The FR-S is a sales failure, not even achieving one third of what Toyota had estimated it would in annual sales. Aside from the fact that Ford doesn't paint the rear axles on the Mustangs the Mustang is a better car in every respect. Performance, interior, build quality, and its even a pretty close race in the mpg if you opt for the V6 Mustang. Once the 2.3 Ecoboost Mustang hits the lots its going to flat out destroy the FR-S for the same money. But to the original poster, if you really wanted those kids to appreciate your Mustang all you had to do was demonstrate how pathetically slow that FR-S is by comparison when the light changed. Or maybe you weren't sitting side by side I don't know. At any rate, trust me, the FR-S is a lot of hype and well short on delivery. That is precisely why it has failed so miserably in the sales goals. I estimate that unless Toyota puts a real engine in the car that it won't last more that 3 to 5 years and it'll be dropped.
Give it 250hp and start at 21k, 27k fully loaded with an auto, and it would fly off the lots.

It really does drive great though. The interior is bare bones spartan, and that's okay to me. I just hate the tin sound when you shut the door and trunk!
Old 6/19/14, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Great posts.....!
um ok ... !
Old 6/19/14, 08:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by laserred38
Give it 250hp and start at 21k, 27k fully loaded with an auto, and it would fly off the lots.

It really does drive great though. The interior is bare bones spartan, and that's okay to me. I just hate the tin sound when you shut the door and trunk!
For me its not that I have a problem with a bare bones interior. I have a problem with a bare bones interior in a car that costs 26 to 30 grand. There's no excuse for it and its just Toyota ripping off their customers.
Old 6/19/14, 09:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by White2010
For me its not that I have a problem with a bare bones interior. I have a problem with a bare bones interior in a car that costs 26 to 30 grand. There's no excuse for it and its just Toyota ripping off their customers.
Still agree. Again, at 21k and 250hp it would be a great car...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No respect I tell ya. No respect.