Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/16, 06:20 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
A/C is barely cold at all. So that could be it.

I just dropped my Jeep off at the dealer for the 4th freakin time for a window that only wants to work intermittently
Old 6/6/16, 10:36 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple

I just dropped my Jeep off at the dealer for the 4th freakin time for a window that only wants to work intermittently
It's always something.
Old 6/8/16, 05:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts

Power windows? In a Jeep???
Old 6/10/16, 11:08 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

It's always something.
It was a frayed wire behind the dash.

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Power windows? In a Jeep???
If I got a 2 door, I would have opted for the half doors and crank windows. But I got the 4 door and I wanted white. I don't like the look of a white 4 door with the half doors and a black top (like this pic...don't like it). Since I got the a 4 door with full doors, and I wanted a hard top for winter.

Name:  terex026.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  83.8 KB
Old 6/10/16, 04:55 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Hope everyone is doing good here and has a great weekend
Old 6/10/16, 07:39 PM

So I finally got around to trying to recharge the a/c in the explorer, and there's definitely a leak somewhere. Its dripping down all over the driveway and the air isn't really much colder. I'm done. Not putting any more money into this thing. Gonna see what the dealer will give me tomorrow.
Old 6/10/16, 11:11 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
So I finally got around to trying to recharge the a/c in the explorer, and there's definitely a leak somewhere. Its dripping down all over the driveway and the air isn't really much colder. I'm done. Not putting any more money into this thing. Gonna see what the dealer will give me tomorrow.
A leak in the A/C isn't going to drip anywhere, its a pressurized gas that will disappear into thin air . And if it is leaking (which is the only reason it would be low, A/C is a sealed system, it doesn't get low unless there is a leak) its probably not good. I'd say with an Explorer, probably the evaporator core, and that is an expensive fix. You have to take the whole dash and front of the interior out to get to it, and it is very labor intensive and expensive parts to fix. Been there and done that on some of my older ones.
Old 6/10/16, 11:25 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 6/12/16 at 03:45 PM.
Old 6/11/16, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
A leak in the A/C isn't going to drip anywhere, its a pressurized gas that will disappear into thin air . And if it is leaking (which is the only reason it would be low, A/C is a sealed system, it doesn't get low unless there is a leak) its probably not good. I'd say with an Explorer, probably the evaporator core, and that is an expensive fix. You have to take the whole dash and front of the interior out to get to it, and it is very labor intensive and expensive parts to fix. Been there and done that on some of my older ones.
I don't know anything about a/c systems. Whatever it was, it left a huge puddle on the driveway. Looked like someone poured a couple gallons of water through the engine bay.
Old 6/11/16, 04:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
How about the valve stem where you'd recharge it ? I've seen dirt in some & stick open & leak right out . Unless a line was cracked. They have pumps you use by hand to fill with air , kinda like a sport pump to see where air is escaping. My .02 cents
Old 6/11/16, 11:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
I don't know anything about a/c systems. Whatever it was, it left a huge puddle on the driveway. Looked like someone poured a couple gallons of water through the engine bay.

If there is a puddle of water it is from your condenser freezing up. When this happens your not going to get much cold air. The condenser freezing up can be caused by a few things. If it is leaking you may experience some of the lubricant gathering and dripping but the water does not come from inside the AC system. It comes from the outside like condensation on your beer bottle. Some water under the car can be considered normal.
Old 6/11/16, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by 07 Boss
If there is a puddle of water it is from your condenser freezing up. When this happens your not going to get much cold air. The condenser freezing up can be caused by a few things. If it is leaking you may experience some of the lubricant gathering and dripping but the water does not come from inside the AC system. It comes from the outside like condensation on your beer bottle. Some water under the car can be considered normal.
It was humid yesterday but this was way too much to just be condensation. It was like a leaky faucet.

Anyways, car I was going to go look at sold before I could get there. Drove around for a few hours looking and couldn't find a ton, or at least that I can afford. Might go check something else out later. Wish I had more time.
Old 6/13/16, 11:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

It was a frayed wire behind the dash.

If I got a 2 door, I would have opted for the half doors and crank windows. But I got the 4 door and I wanted white. I don't like the look of a white 4 door with the half doors and a black top (like this pic...don't like it). Since I got the a 4 door with full doors, and I wanted a hard top for winter.

Weenie!

I actually got full doors for my old Rubicon and didn't like them. Wish I'd gone with the half-doors, even if it was white.
Old 6/13/16, 01:02 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Weenie!

I actually got full doors for my old Rubicon and didn't like them. Wish I'd gone with the half-doors, even if it was white.
Well, since I'm the one paying for it.....I got what I wanted. And the full doors look way better! And keep in mind that you don't have the snow and cold to deal with like I do here
Old 6/13/16, 01:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well, since I'm the one paying for it.....I got what I wanted. And the full doors look way better! And keep in mind that you don't have the snow and cold to deal with like I do here
You yankees, always complaining about the cold!! Haha

I'll admit it sucked getting in that Rubicon when it was 40 or colder in the mornings.
Old 6/13/16, 01:16 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

You yankees, always complaining about the cold!! Haha

I'll admit it sucked getting in that Rubicon when it was 40 or colder in the mornings.
40......that's considered a heat wave in the winter, lol. My old Jeep was a 2 door with the half doors and a soft top. I don't want to have to worry about shoveling blizzard-like snow off of a soft top anymore. I'm not as young as I used to be and all the kids are moving back out so I can't make them do it anymore, lol
Old 6/13/16, 01:19 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

You should move south. Of course its 97 here today and you'd probably still need the full doors so you could keep all the A/C inside. Pick your poison I guess.
Old 6/13/16, 01:24 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

You should move south. Of course its 97 here today and you'd probably still need the full doors so you could keep all the A/C inside. Pick your poison I guess.
No competition. I'd move south in a heartbeat but I can't convince Mr. Jill. He hates the heat and I hate the cold
Old 6/13/16, 01:27 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Took my boy to see Weezer last night for his first concert. Never really was a fan but he put on a hell of a show. Dude hasn't aged a bit either.
Old 6/13/16, 01:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

40......that's considered a heat wave in the winter, lol. My old Jeep was a 2 door with the half doors and a soft top. I don't want to have to worry about shoveling blizzard-like snow off of a soft top anymore. I'm not as young as I used to be and all the kids are moving back out so I can't make them do it anymore, lol
Oh come on, it's easy in a soft-top. Get in, punch the roof a few times, problem solved.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast