Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/10, 12:44 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Chance of rain here first of the week, but we need it badly back at home. We haven't had but about an inch of rain in the last 2 months. Dangerously dry, and has been all summer. Some counties have been declared disaster areas because of it. People have already been having to feed cattle winter hay because the pastures are so dried up. Expect the price of beef to go up.
we were in a severe drought, till we got that rediculous amount of rain over 2-3 days, then we had surpassed where we needed to be. Though it hasnt rained too much here lately. Some places got more rain per hour than they did when the last huge hurricane came through.

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Ummmm that would be a parts store wouldnt it??

Why not put one of your rides in the show Gary. They all look awesome. Well except Seven. You shouldnt be caught dead driving her. I think you should give her to me to save you the embarrassment of driving her.
i meant online, like American Muscle, CJ Pony Parts, LRS, etc

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Thanks. I really need to do well on this one. I also have to give a presentation for spanish on wednesday. That's gonna really suck.
por qué señor? lo que está en la presentación?
Old 10/24/10, 01:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
we were in a severe drought, till we got that rediculous amount of rain over 2-3 days, then we had surpassed where we needed to be. Though it hasnt rained too much here lately. Some places got more rain per hour than they did when the last huge hurricane came through.

I would use American Muscle and Moss Muscle as well. Ive never had any troubles with either companies but STAY AWAY FROM BLUE OVAL INDUSTRIES!!

I would assume words would be a good guess
Old 10/24/10, 01:23 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anybody else heard of Blackberry Smoke?

Any opinions?

I like this one...

http://www.youtube.com/user/blackber.../5/mNar4nZVdNA

What do you think Charlie? You're the music man.
Sounds good! Love the slide intro!!
Old 10/24/10, 01:34 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

1. I suck at spanish. Miserably. 2. I have to memorize a five minute speech. I can barely do that in english let alone spanish. 3. I have to do it in front of other people. 4. My group choose to do it on Oscar de la Renta. More fun stuff. 5. I've just started researching and won't have time to write the speech til after my test tomorrow.
Old 10/24/10, 02:12 PM
Post *****

we were in a severe drought, till we got that rediculous amount of rain over 2-3 days,
Same here. But first big storm of the season is here. About 2" overnight.

Went down in the valley last night to see a local concert, and after a few beers wore off started home about 1am. It's 1 1/2 hours driving on twisty 2 lane ribbon all the way and climb from 1400' to 5100'.

It was pitch black, wind blowing, rain dumping the whole way, and I was like in my rocket ship driving safely thru a shallow river of rain on the road. Comfortable and secure in my cockpit with instruments glowing and the HID's lighting the way thru the windshield like thru a remote monitor - except this is live and real!! With live 4.6L 3V Bullitt sound effects and everythin'! I love driving at night heading into storms... its always an adventure!

901 definitely got its underside washed!

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/24/10 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10/24/10, 02:18 PM
NTTAWWT

nathan, if you can use a note card with a few terms, do so. however not in spanish, but when I do presentations in English, I have a general idea of what I'm going to say, but I never write it down, and never never try to memorize it. Put a few key terms on the card to keep you going forward, and just speak the rest of it. sounds looser, more normal when you do it that way. once you start memorizing, you'll forget one word, and you'll stumble and forget alot more. The main thing you have to remember is that noone else knows what you're going to say, so they won't know if you mess up.

I once BS'ed up a huge oral presentation on the fly, that was a significant portion of my grade for a project, she gave me 100 on it simply because she could tell that I hadnt memorized it, and it was based off my knowledge, not what I looked up and wrote down.

Last edited by StangMahn; 10/24/10 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10/24/10, 02:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Wow! Even if I was a Ravens fan I still have to hand it to the Bills for coming up with a drive like that! Thats one hell of a drive against a tough Ravens Defense
Old 10/24/10, 02:40 PM
Post *****

What do you think Charlie? You're the music man.
This is really out of character for me musically. I mean I'm a blues guy first and foremost, with classic & southern rock a close second and all part of the mix. All started for me with Eric Clapton (& Duane Allman)/ Derek & the Dominos "In Concert" back in the day.

But I have had so much fun this summer with the mix of music (mostly original) over in the Rogue, Applegate, Illinois valleys*. Its a mix of acoustic folk/roots/Americana, some classic rock, some Dead type stuff, reggae, hiphop, etc. Its kind of hard to describe because its such a mix. And the crowd has been soooo much fun! The shows are so packed its sort of like a rave you see on tv. To get from one side of the crowd to the other, people have to weave thru like a snake thru the crowd while they're all dancing. LOL Every show has been like that whether its indoors or outdoors. So much fun and good energy!! For like $10 bucks. And the crowd is such a mix of people - all ages, all types, hangin' together having a blast. The culture there is pretty groovy!

This vid shows some clips of many places I was at this summer and many new friends & musicians I met.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....7916566&ref=mf

*The area definitely has its own culture, with a lot of 'mother earthy' influence, and you are talking the heart of long time herbalists where Measure 74 & Medicine is coming from...

Like last night's show was at the Provolt Grange Hall. I had to laugh because when it was built, it was mainly for farmers like all Grange's. But here you have these long hair edgy musicians invading the 'farmer's hall' now. Then it hit me... it's still packed with farmers (growers). LOLOL The more things change the more things stay the same...

http://indubiousmusic.com/fr_home.cfm?feature=963035&postid=515439

http://www.myspace.com/bellamymichelle

http://www.myspace.com/music/13208082/songs/48678180

http://www.myspace.com/thestateofjefferson

http://www.myspace.com/andycasad

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/24/10 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10/24/10, 04:21 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
nathan, if you can use a note card with a few terms, do so. however not in spanish, but when I do presentations in English, I have a general idea of what I'm going to say, but I never write it down, and never never try to memorize it. Put a few key terms on the card to keep you going forward, and just speak the rest of it. sounds looser, more normal when you do it that way. once you start memorizing, you'll forget one word, and you'll stumble and forget alot more. The main thing you have to remember is that noone else knows what you're going to say, so they won't know if you mess up.

I once BS'ed up a huge oral presentation on the fly, that was a significant portion of my grade for a project, she gave me 100 on it simply because she could tell that I hadnt memorized it, and it was based off my knowledge, not what I looked up and wrote down.
I am allowed to have a notecard but I can't have any full sentences or conjugated verbs. My problem with coming up with stuff on the fly is I can't think of the words in the first place and then my mind goes blank. I'm horrible at BS'ing stuff.
Old 10/24/10, 05:41 PM
NTTAWWT

well, write down those words. 5 minutes isnt as long as you think. practice it a few times, and try to keep at peace. you'll think better and do better
Old 10/24/10, 06:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

My nephew's a car guy and likes American Muscle
Some pics from my brother's FB:

Look at his face when he was standing besides this one

Last edited by edumspeed; 10/24/10 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10/24/10, 06:14 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
i was three when i found i loved cars
my dad had a 1953 lite green ford .. every friday he would bring home a six pack of double cola and a carton of half and half ice cream ( strawberry . chocolate . vanilla ) .. and i would sit on the front poarch waiting for him .. one day a green 53 ford came up the drive and when the person stepped out i grabbed onto his leg as i always did .. but it was`nt my dad .. it was a salesman .. . i didn`t know my dad from a stranger but i know that 53 ford

Last edited by HOSS429; 10/24/10 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10/24/10, 06:24 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by HOSS429
my dad had a 1953 lite green ford .. every friday he would bring home a six pack of double cola and a carton of half and half ice cream ( strawberry . chocolate . vanilla ) .. and i would sit on the front poarch waiting for him .. one day a green 53 ford came up the drive and when the person stepped out i grabbed onto his leg as i always did .. but it was`nt my dad .. it was a salesman .. . i didn`t know my dad from a stranger but i know that 53 ford
Old 10/24/10, 06:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

He's two now. I've helped to influence him a little bit.

Old 10/24/10, 06:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Old 10/24/10, 06:33 PM
legacy Tms Member

and in the rite direction i mite add
Old 10/24/10, 06:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

and in the rite direction i mite add
Now to find a toyota prius toy to make him beat the crap out of it
Old 10/24/10, 06:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thats awesome Eduardo!! Now thats how you educate the future generations!!

Old 10/24/10, 06:59 PM
legacy Tms Member

may be old but i like it .. when the F word is acceptable

When is @#$% Acceptable?

There are only eleven times in history where the "F" word has been considered acceptable for use. They are as follows:

11. "What the @#$% do you mean we're sinking?"

-- Capt. E.J. Smith of RMS Titanic, 1912

10. "What the @#$% was that?"

-- Mayor Of Hiroshima, 1945

9. "Where did all those @#$%ing Indians come from?"

-- General Custer, 1877

8. "Any @#$%ing idiot could understand that."

-- Albert Einstein, 1938

7. "It does so @#$%ing look like her!"

-- Pablo Picasso, 1926

6. "How the @#$% did you work that out?"

-- Pythagoras, 126 BC