Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
10.00%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/10, 01:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Yeah I always thought they simply told you what you want to hear.

Like the joke about MLM's... everything sounds so awesome! I'm gonna be rich!! So you write the check and join. Then you wake up the next day and you're in hell. You ask "what about all the stuff that was promised.... ?" And they say, "Oh... that was just the Opportunity Meeting".
I was like ummm yeah just tell me how it really is!!
Old 10/19/10, 02:55 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 174 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by ford20
When I met with my recruiter I asked him what possible jobs would be available to me based on the scores from my practice test. Also ask him for a copy of the pe they do during Basic Training so that he can prepare himself so he is not struggling and has an easier time at it. Also they are gonna try and blow sunshine up your behind about it so I would also try and find someone to talk to about the parts that suck lol ... I know my recruiter made the Marines sound like the best and easiest ting ever lol

Wow thats a NICE looking Truck!!!
So why didn't you join?

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I really miss my 250 crew cab short bed.

Someday I hope to get another. In addition to the Raptorof course.

It's a shame not to get the diesel though. 400hp/800tq would be awesome!

But the 6.2 Boss motor will be plenty. It really moves the Raptor around well.
The new 6.7L is supposed to be sweet. Hopefully there won't be issues with this one as opposed to the 6.0L. He will probably get another diesel one day, but right now everything he tows, should tow nicely enough with the 250.

Yeah I always thought they simply told you what you want to hear.

Like the joke about MLM's... everything sounds so awesome! I'm gonna be rich!! So you write the check and join. Then you wake up the next day and you're in hell. You ask "what about all the stuff that was promised.... ?" And they say, "Oh... that was just the Opportunity Meeting".
That's what I'm afraid of, them telling him everything he wants to hear and me not knowing enough to know the difference.
Old 10/19/10, 03:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
So why didn't you join?

The new 6.7L is supposed to be sweet. Hopefully there won't be issues with this one as opposed to the 6.0L. He will probably get another diesel one day, but right now everything he tows, should tow nicely enough with the 250.

That's what I'm afraid of, them telling him everything he wants to hear and me not knowing enough to know the difference.
I was waiting till after I was done with college before I did anything because I figured that I have an education and after I served my tours it would be easier to find a job right after. And now recently a certain thing has come into my life which is gonna make me most likely not join. Being a Marine was always a dream of mine but some dreams aren't always meant to be.
Old 10/19/10, 03:27 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Was the 6.0 the flame thrower? I saw a couple of those vids when the diesel regenerates or whatever.
I was at a light a few weeks ago right next to a big Ford diesel and the tail pipe was aimed right at the side of my car! I was scared to death it was going to go off!!

When the light turned green I
Old 10/19/10, 03:36 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Anyone know of anything interesting from hispanic culture or history? I have a group project/presentation due next week and the kid who was in charge of the topic dropped the class. Eduardo?
Old 10/19/10, 03:52 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 174 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by ford20
I was waiting till after I was done with college before I did anything because I figured that I have an education and after I served my tours it would be easier to find a job right after. And now recently a certain thing has come into my life which is gonna make me most likely not join. Being a Marine was always a dream of mine but some dreams aren't always meant to be.
I know I'm going to sound like a mother here, but don't ever let a girl hold you back from anything you want to do. If that's your dream, you should go for it. Live life with no regrets.

Was the 6.0 the flame thrower? I saw a couple of those vids when the diesel regenerates or whatever.
I was at a light a few weeks ago right next to a big Ford diesel and the tail pipe was aimed right at the side of my car! I was scared to death it was going to go off!!

When the light turned green I
Not yet! But better to get rid of it and let it be somebody else's problem

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Anyone know of anything interesting from hispanic culture or history? I have a group project/presentation due next week and the kid who was in charge of the topic dropped the class. Eduardo?
Ask Gary, he likes history and he lives in south Texas....can't get much closer to hispanic culture than that
Old 10/19/10, 04:04 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'd recommend General Zaragoza and his defeat of the French forces of Napolean III at Puebla

Throwing the French out of Mexico at a time when the Mexicans were in really bad shape after the Mexican American war.

It's the actual reason Cinco de Mayo is celebrated today. The reason behind the fiesta.

He was actually born close by me in a tiny little house next to the Mission La Bahia in Goliad

Or you could do Dia de Los muertos! That's coming up in a couple of weeks
Old 10/19/10, 04:30 PM

I'd recommend General Zaragoza and his defeat of the French forces of Napolean III at Puebla

Throwing the French out of Mexico at a time when the Mexicans were in really bad shape after the Mexican American war.

It's the actual reason Cinco de Mayo is celebrated today. The reason behind the fiesta.

He was actually born close by me in a tiny little house next to the Mission La Bahia in Goliad

Or you could do Dia de Los muertos! That's coming up in a couple of weeks
Thanks Gary! Cinco de Mayo would be interesting. Someone else already did Dia de Los Muertos last week.
Old 10/19/10, 04:35 PM
Post *****

Whatever you do don't call it Mexican independence day, that's Diez y Seis.

Which is another cool holiday. At around 11:00 pm on teh 15th of September the President of Mexico steps out onto his balcony and rings a bell and says the "grito"

VIVA MEXICO!
VIVA MEXICO!
VIVA MEXICO!

is how he ends it. He usually says stuff like Viva Guadalupe, Viva Navarro, Viva Zaragoza, Viva Juarez...

It's actually a pretty cool spectacle. And there's hundreds of thousands of Mexicans in the city square screaming it too!

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 10/19/10 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10/19/10, 04:56 PM
Post *****

15% off Moss Muscle with the code 'Muscle15' for the next 3 days
Old 10/19/10, 05:00 PM

I'm broke. Stupid tuition. Actually tuition isn't that much. At least 1/3 of it is a bunch of stupid fees they tack on.
Old 10/19/10, 05:24 PM
Post *****

I DO I DO!

Hussong's Cantina in Ensenada has been serving Fish Taco's to gringo tourists since at least the 70's! Now Fish Taco recipe's have been exported everywhere!

(At least my buddies who often went to Hussong's said so when I lived in SoCal. I've never been in Mexico myself. Don't plan on going either!)

And an even bigger event at Hussongs... was the invention of das Margarita's! Without Margs, I doubt there would be anywhere near the market for Mexico's major export of Tequila.
So there's Mexican history and economics in one lesson!

http://www.bajainsider.com/baja-cali...gs-cantina.htm

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/19/10 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10/19/10, 05:27 PM
Post *****

I know I'm going to sound like a mother here, but don't ever let a girl hold you back from anything you want to do. If that's your dream, you should go for it. Live life with no regrets.

:sigh:

No romantics left anywhere these days...

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/19/10 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10/19/10, 05:35 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
15% off Moss Muscle with the code 'Muscle15' for the next 3 days
Do I need anything?
Old 10/19/10, 06:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I understand exactly what you mean but also thinking about it and sometimes you have to let go of some dreams in order to make others come true. You weigh everything and decide which one is right for you and you go from there and I made that decision. Thank you for the advice though, it didn't fall on deaf ears.

I'm broke. Stupid tuition. Actually tuition isn't that much. At least 1/3 of it is a bunch of stupid fees they tack on.
I hear you Nathan bc of all the frwaking tuition and supplies and stuff I have $110 thats supposed to last me a entire month! Idk how im gonna do that but im gonna have to make it work out thats for sure
Old 10/19/10, 07:19 PM
Post *****

Ask Gary, he likes history and he lives in south Texas....can't get much closer to hispanic culture than that
For all intents and purposes I do live in Mexico.
Old 10/19/10, 07:48 PM
Post *****

http://www.procharger.com/pdf/2010-1...?v=pT5R0DOmkBM

Old 10/19/10, 08:00 PM
Post *****

This is weird stuff...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/digital-shift-****.html
Old 10/19/10, 08:19 PM
Post *****

This just seems really wrong to me. I'm disappointed the NFL would use their officials to ask such things. Makes me wonder what else the NFL asks officials to do. Like make things a little more even sometimes?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-278323
Old 10/19/10, 08:23 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One of these days I will have a HO kit from them under my GT's hood.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast