General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Insecure Saleen Driver

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/12, 12:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
The older GT's yes. But they lack the torq that make driving a v8 fun. My 2007 mustang gt had the ford racing 550hp whipple kit and taping the go pedal was my favorite thing in the world. That crazy jump was like crack or meth.
You see mainly was saying is everyone's life is different and so are the needs and budgets of those. This is why Ford and other have so many models to choose from. The same goes for the Mustang Market, for Ford to grab as much market share in this area they need to have different models and options, So tell me when you bought you GT were you just settling because you could not afford a GT500?
Old 8/13/12, 12:18 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I c ur rainbow.. and raise you this!

Name:  WP_000489.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  98.6 KB
Name:  WP_000470.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  98.0 KB
Name:  036-1.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  40.0 KB

Name:  044.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  37.1 KB
Name:  026.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  53.3 KB
Old 8/13/12, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GreenCars
You see mainly was saying is everyone's life is different and so are the needs and budgets of those. This is why Ford and other have so many models to choose from. The same goes for the Mustang Market, for Ford to grab as much market share in this area they need to have different models and options, So tell me when you bought you GT were you just settling because you could not afford a GT500?
I could buy a GT500 if i really wanted it, but i thought 305 hp is already alot, consider my last car was not even 200 hp.

lol, I did not ever think I would want a car with 400hp, or 500 hp, or 650hp... well I realy like the shape of my 13' V6 with MCA package, maybe after I put 250Km on there in a few years I'll get another DD and drop a V8 in this car as a project on the side.
Old 8/13/12, 12:19 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I buy a new car every year sometimes less then a year. I would have to keep a shelby about 2.2 years to be able to trade it in. So I am not a good example of the rule.
Old 8/13/12, 12:20 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by airoscar
I could buy a GT500 if i really wanted it, but i thought 305 hp is already alot, consider my last car was not even 200 hp.

lol, I did not ever think I would want a car with 400hp, or 500 hp, or 650hp... well I realy like the shape of my 13' V6 with MCA package, maybe after I put 250Km on there in a few years I'll get another DD and drop a V8 in this car as a project on the side.
I would say keep the sixxer in the car and get a SC installed.
Old 8/13/12, 12:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I c ur rainbow.. and raise you this!

Old 8/13/12, 12:25 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

don ge i
Old 8/13/12, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

I would say keep the sixxer in the car and get a SC installed.
between a SC V6 and a NA V8, i think i like the V8 better. Not just because it sounds better, reliability is very high on my list and I just dont trust after-market SC enough
Old 8/13/12, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by newpony
HAHAHAHA Priceless!
Old 8/13/12, 02:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
like 5k postd of GT hate
Yeah, I don't have that much hate in me. Maybe a few hundred posts' worth
Old 8/13/12, 02:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I understand and appreciate the reasons Ford makes the V6, economy versions of cars, but what I don't understand is this: If V6 owners are comfortable with their cars, why the need to defend the V6? At least once a day, there's a thread started or hijacked by the V6 v V8 arguments. If you like the car, and if it does what you want it to without having to have the V8, why should you care what anyone says about the V6? Why should you care what anyone else thinks about it? Seems the V6 guys on here are extra-touchy sometimes...for little reason. Just sayin'.
Old 8/13/12, 03:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
I understand and appreciate the reasons Ford makes the V6, economy versions of cars, but what I don't understand is this: If V6 owners are comfortable with their cars, why the need to defend the V6? At least once a day, there's a thread started or hijacked by the V6 v V8 arguments. If you like the car, and if it does what you want it to without having to have the V8, why should you care what anyone says about the V6? Why should you care what anyone else thinks about it? Seems the V6 guys on here are extra-touchy sometimes...for little reason. Just sayin'.
Because of the history.. I hated the comments I used to get from GT owners when I had my 2006 V6.. No respect at all. It was worse then a guy in a Miata. Sure the 4.0L was slower then the 3.7L but that engine was solid. The 3.8L of the new edge also saw its share of GT hate. I have been tried of hearing it for over 6 years now so when I still see it when the new 3.7L have HP that is more than the 2005 - 2009 GT's it makes me wonder WTF. Why do owners of the same car with two more pistons have to rank or go "Oh its a V6" all the time. Gets tiring at times. Not everyone wants the GT!! I wish the GT owners would get it and just appreciate the V6 as a full fledged Mustang just as the Boss, and GT500 owners don't rank on the GT's for being underpowered in their realm. I do not drive a Japanese car, I do not drive a Chevy or Mopar I drive and own Fords, I own a 305 HP Mustang (regardless of piston count) turn your Hate on the other guy, on the Heavy Mopar or ugly Camaro. This is "The MUSTANG Source" last time I looked at my VIN it clearly states "MUSTANG"!!!
Old 8/13/12, 07:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Because of the history.. I hated the comments I used to get from GT owners when I had my 2006 V6.. No respect at all. It was worse then a guy in a Miata. Sure the 4.0L was slower then the 3.7L but that engine was solid. The 3.8L of the new edge also saw its share of GT hate. I have been tried of hearing it for over 6 years now so when I still see it when the new 3.7L have HP that is more than the 2005 - 2009 GT's it makes me wonder WTF. Why do owners of the same car with two more pistons have to rank or go "Oh its a V6" all the time. Gets tiring at times. Not everyone wants the GT!! I wish the GT owners would get it and just appreciate the V6 as a full fledged Mustang just as the Boss, and GT500 owners don't rank on the GT's for being underpowered in their realm. I do not drive a Japanese car, I do not drive a Chevy or Mopar I drive and own Fords, I own a 305 HP Mustang (regardless of piston count) turn your Hate on the other guy, on the Heavy Mopar or ugly Camaro. This is "The MUSTANG Source" last time I looked at my VIN it clearly states "MUSTANG"!!!
This is by far the best post I have read in a long time. Well said.
Old 8/13/12, 07:21 PM
Banned

So does the VIN for the 1974 Mustang, anyone driving that one? ;p
Old 8/13/12, 07:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
The first two generations of mustangs look the best
Old 8/13/12, 08:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
They continues the line.. no gap so they did serve a purpose..
Old 8/14/12, 07:32 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because the v6 is the lowest platform of the car and American muscle is a v8. That's why you get the hate. Deal with it or add two cylinders...
Old 8/14/12, 07:35 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I guess GT or better owners see the car in terms or max output and find it silly to go half way on the car. The fact that so many v6 owners think they bought a hot rod gets old. You are measuring with the old bar and the old standard of hp. Things get bigger and better and the standard changes. Also the car world is a one up contest and that just how its always been. Think of it.. its a world built on building, modding, upgrading and being faster then the next guy.

Its like a girl buying a little pink hammer and telling a carpenter on a job site "oh cool you have a hammer also".

Old 8/14/12, 07:36 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its like a girl buying a little pink hammer and telling a carpenter on a job site "oh cool you have a hammer also".
Lol
Old 8/14/12, 10:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

You guys are a rip...

Quick Reply: Insecure Saleen Driver