General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Insecure Saleen Driver

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/12, 08:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by youngstang90
In my '06 V6 I had a Porche RS do the same thing, then we went back and forth keeping a constant 100mph weaving for about 2 hours. Made for a very quick drive.
And before y'all give me the 'street racing is bad' speech, that was 3 years ago....
You should be in jail, seriously doing it just once is fine.

Hit it and quit it dude, like yeah opportunities come up where it is 'safe' to race on the street. BUT doing it for 2 hours straight is just plain stupid, you better be glad you didn't kill anyone because your *** would have been nailed to a wall if you killed or injured somebody.
Old 8/10/12, 08:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LostGeographer
http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/ima...cf0114502b.jpg

interesting map for those who would like to know which states to avoid.
So MA is only "left only for passing" state? I've been living here for 22 years I didn't know that. That shows you how much people here follow that rule. Police here are not big on enforcing that rule either. Must be because of traffic.
Old 8/10/12, 08:37 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by max5ive0
??? Laroh, I get what you are saying. When I pass someone, I also get back into the right lane, unless there are more cars to pass, just in case someone is going 81 mph and wants to pass me.
]This

Originally Posted by LostGeographer
He didn't slow down from 80mph, he just moved to the right lane so as not to camp the fast lane like a lot of idiots seem to. The fast lane is not a god given home, when you are done passing you move over so others may do so legally.
Once again, this.

Originally Posted by newpony
Not here in MA.
Again, not here in MA. Don't worry I get it now.
So MA is only "left only for passing" state? I've been living here for 22 years I didn't know that. That shows you how much people here follow that rule. Police here are not big on enforcing that rule either. Must be because of traffic.
I've driven all over the US, and pretty much everywhere I've been I see signs that say "Slower Traffic Keep Right". Riding in the middle or far left lane of a 3 lane highway, or the left lane of a 2 lane highway while faster traffic is behind you and or passing you on the right, or left and right if its a 3 lane and you're in the middle is impeding the flow of traffic, and will get you a ticket here. Even if you are doing the speed limit, if traffic is passing you on the right or left and right, you are impeding the flow of traffic. You're supposed to move to farthermost right lane.

Its one of my biggest pet peeves. It ****s up the flow of traffic more than anything. Down here it tends to be elderly yankees headed to or from Florida that will ride in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway doing 10 under the speed limit while traffic is blowing by them on the left and right, completely oblivious to the cluster**** they are causing behind them when people are trying to shuffle to get around them.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 8/10/12 at 08:39 PM.
Old 8/10/12, 08:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

By the way your car looks very familiar, are you Kevin the guy with earrings that uploaded a video to youtube talking about how cool your new Mustang is?
Old 8/10/12, 09:06 PM
GT Member

After reading all the comments and everyone not seeing what OP was saying, I will throw my opinion out there.

From my perspective it seemed like the OP was just going on his way on the highway and it seems like the saleen driver was trying to prove a point or something that his is a "big bad saleen" and OP is driving a "whimpy little v6" and that his Saleen would smoke OP.

Listen my opinion may be wrong but thats what I got out of reading it the first time. Basically like the saleen was trying to bully the v6
Old 8/10/12, 09:53 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I've ran into a few Saleen drivers with the same attitude. I had another Saleen driver pull right up next to me while I was leaving a muffler shop changing the stock exhaust on my 281. He got out and walked right up to me and said "Did you get the kit?!!" I knew what he was implying and gave him just as crass of answer. "No, this is a muffler shop, they don't do body work here." This A-hole spent the next 20 minutes challenging whether or not my car was "real." I finally showed him the window sticker and handbook. Pretty sure I saw the idiot thumbing trough the Saleen owners registry book as I rumbled out. In retrospect, why and who cares? I swear some guys are so high school.

WTH is real??? A base Mustang GT with aftermarket add ons?? Seriously, Not to high jack this thread but I used to think Saleen Mustang was just the greatest thing on the planet. Once I finally bought one and paid it off, years later, I recognize the overpriced poor quality craftsmanship, floppy zip tied bumpers, plasticky interior, buckboard suspension, flaky chrome wheels and scratch my head.

Not trying to start a flame war or offend anyone but I now appreciate other cars in the Mustang family. Shelby, SVT...that's where it's at! I would love to swing a GT500 some lottery day.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 8/10/12 at 09:57 PM.
Old 8/10/12, 10:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

^^ +1

I think Roush was the only credible aftermarket modified Mustang builder out there, and they were the best Mustang you could buy from a Ford dealer before the 2013 Shelby came around.
Old 8/10/12, 10:30 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by theACE
^^ +1

I think Roush was the only credible aftermarket modified Mustang builder out there, and they were the best Mustang you could buy from a Ford dealer before the 2013 Shelby came around.
What?
Saleen kits looked way better than roush. And Steve can kick Jacks *** anyway.
Old 8/10/12, 10:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

rofl, yeah.
Old 8/10/12, 10:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Laroh

The first time was courtesy. The second time I'll admit that I really wanted to see if he'd do it again.

The point is that I was maintaining a constant 80mph. He was in some imaginary race with everyone around him.
If you were going 80 mph on the right lane, how fast were drivers in the left lane? 90mph? Why not just stay in the left lane. Obviously 75 mph in the right lane is too slow??

I think you two were in the same imaginary race.
Old 8/10/12, 11:35 PM
Bullitt Member

"Must be because of traffic."
Depends on the trooper...dont bank on it, lately they are cracking dow, more $$$ to be had, just dont be an asshat and you'll be fine, and GTF out of their way...
Old 8/11/12, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mirad_GT12
If you were going 80 mph on the right lane, how fast were drivers in the left lane? 90mph? Why not just stay in the left lane. Obviously 75 mph in the right lane is too slow??

It's not your job to determine what speed others should be traveling at. You stay in the right lane after passing someone as to let others go by. It's just common courtesy (even the law in most places) that's not so common anymore.
Old 8/11/12, 07:18 AM
GT Member

What don't you understand? I was going a constant speed. In that stretch of road it is not uncommon for people to go 80mph.

I liked his car and would trade mine for his any day of the week. I would never try to race it.
Old 8/11/12, 12:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by theACE

You should be in jail, seriously doing it just once is fine.

Hit it and quit it dude, like yeah opportunities come up where it is 'safe' to race on the street. BUT doing it for 2 hours straight is just plain stupid, you better be glad you didn't kill anyone because your *** would have been nailed to a wall if you killed or injured somebody.
That day there were maybe 5 cars that we passed, and I didn't ever do it again.
Old 8/11/12, 02:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

I don't get it. You pass him, obviously because he is going below 80mph, but then pull to the right lane. Twice. Why? Shouldn't you just continue your normal route at your speed of 80mph. Why be courteous to this particular driver, why care about him? Again I don't get it.
It doesn't cost anything to be courteous to others, even when they are behaving foolishly. What would you have done in this situation?
Old 8/11/12, 03:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Big Poppa

It doesn't cost anything to be courteous to others, even when they are behaving foolishly. What would you have done in this situation?
Stay in the left lane. I'm not sure how is it in other states but around here you are not going to block traffic going 80mph on left lane. Only douchebags go above 80 here. In that situation I pull to the right and let them pass me or they take the initiative and pass me.
Old 8/11/12, 05:32 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by _Nick_
It's not your job to determine what speed others should be traveling at. You stay in the right lane after passing someone as to let others go by. It's just common courtesy (even the law in most places) that's not so common anymore.
Yes it's not my job. That's why there are speed limits. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're going 80 MPH you should stay in the left lane unless someone is going faster than 80?
Old 8/11/12, 05:38 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Laroh
What don't you understand? I was going a constant speed. In that stretch of road it is not uncommon for people to go 80mph.

I liked his car and would trade mine for his any day of the week. I would never try to race it.
I don't understand why not just stay in the left lane going 80 mph. Were there cars passing you going faster than 80?
Old 8/11/12, 06:37 PM
GT Member

I don't understand why not just stay in the left lane going 80 mph. Were there cars passing you going faster than 80?
I'm quite done explaining what happened.

Kevin will be answering any further questions.
Old 8/11/12, 06:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this way. If you keep passing people on the right lane either slow down or move to the left lane assuming your state allows this.

Quick Reply: Insecure Saleen Driver