General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Insecure Saleen Driver

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/12, 12:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by newpony
Have you checked my sig? I have V6.
Haha well it doesn't mean you can't hate the car you have though.
Old 8/13/12, 12:31 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 8/13/12, 08:33 AM
Bullitt Member

from now on, anyone who hates the newer V6 for no particular reason other than it being v6, i'm gonna label him/her as a "redneck".

let's face it, the v6 with 305 hp makes it equivalent to a 335i, while the GT is equivalent to a M3. You don't see M3 guys hating on even the 328 with a 4 banger. Hating on a 305-HP engine for only having 6 cylinders is very much a redneck thing to do.

If you are so redneck then don't drive the new mustang, it's all modern technology in that modular v8 engine of yours, its light years ahead of the windsor.

Last edited by airoscar; 8/13/12 at 08:35 AM.
Old 8/13/12, 09:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Funny I don't see GT500 owners hating on the GT for only having 420Hp as the new GT500 has 650+, So why do some of the GT owners hate on the V6? Because there are so many that in fact kept the Mustang alive in hard times? Is it because we can enjoy our Mustangs with saving 10K in the process? I bet bottom to dollars that if any of the GT owners were with us at our purchase time with their open check book we would have bought the GT to keep them happy. Lets face it there are and have been a lot of fast 6 cyl cars out there that could and do spank the all mighty V8. Power to weight my friends.. power to weight. In fact I know some 4 cyl vehicles that would spank most v8 out there.. They happen to have only 2 wheels but again less pistons.. This is so much a dead horse (no pun intended) issue.. Kill it and let go for *hrist sake!!!

Last edited by GreenCars; 8/13/12 at 09:19 AM.
Old 8/13/12, 10:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars
Funny I don't see GT500 owners hating on the GT for only having 420Hp as the new GT500 has 650+, So why do some of the GT owners hate on the V6? Because there are so many that in fact kept the Mustang alive in hard times? Is it because we can enjoy our Mustangs with saving 10K in the process? I bet bottom to dollars that if any of the GT owners were with us at our purchase time with their open check book we would have bought the GT to keep them happy. Lets face it there are and have been a lot of fast 6 cyl cars out there that could and do spank the all mighty V8. Power to weight my friends.. power to weight. In fact I know some 4 cyl vehicles that would spank most v8 out there.. They happen to have only 2 wheels but again less pistons.. This is so much a dead horse (no pun intended) issue.. Kill it and let go for *hrist sake!!!
Well put.

Last edited by Bucko; 8/13/12 at 10:25 AM.
Old 8/13/12, 11:15 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by airoscar
from now on, anyone who hates the newer V6 for no particular reason other than it being v6, i'm gonna label him/her as a "redneck".

let's face it, the v6 with 305 hp makes it equivalent to a 335i, while the GT is equivalent to a M3. You don't see M3 guys hating on even the 328 with a 4 banger. Hating on a 305-HP engine for only having 6 cylinders is very much a redneck thing to do.

If you are so redneck then don't drive the new mustang, it's all modern technology in that modular v8 engine of yours, its light years ahead of the windsor.
whats red neck about say the v8 is faster? No one is talking about the old 351 windsor or any other old motor. My 2012 V8 5.0 has all the tricks and new tech the 3.7 has. You have no point.. Trying to make it sound like you are something if you do not agree is retarded.. Thats like saying someone is racist is they do nto vote one way or another.
Old 8/13/12, 11:17 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

if you do not see that you need to go to more car shows and read more and get around and out more.. It mustang junkies that kept the mustang around. It had to do with people buying one thing saying "some day I will buy X".
Old 8/13/12, 11:21 AM
Banned

I'll hate you GT guys, so you don't feel left out.
Old 8/13/12, 11:24 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I'll hate you GT guys, so you don't feel left out.
like 5k postd of GT hate
Old 8/13/12, 11:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
if you do not see that you need to go to more car shows and read more and get around and out more.. It mustang junkies that kept the mustang around. It had to do with people buying one thing saying "some day I will buy X".
I have been around shows and been in the Mustang arena for many years. In fact I have take 1st place in shows with the Legend lime 06 I had. There have been a lot more V6 Mustangs sold than GT that's a fact!!! Ford has continue to sell what sells its about profit. If more GT sold than V6 they would have stopped making them and just made GT and above.
Old 8/13/12, 11:54 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I have been around shows and been in the Mustang arena for many years. In fact I have take 1st place in shows with the Legend lime 06 I had. There have been a lot more V6 Mustangs sold than GT that's a fact!!! Ford has continue to sell what sells its about profit. If more GT sold than V6 they would have stopped making them and just made GT and above.
not saying that a untrue thing to say.. I am saying that doesnt mean that most v6 buyers would pick the v6 over the v8 if they had the choice.
Old 8/13/12, 11:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Just admit you are a redneck already
Old 8/13/12, 11:59 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I think its hard to be a redneck in a cleanroom suit at a med tech company

plus I do not like country music and I think thats a must when havign a neck of red.

so just to review..

v8 = redneck
v6 = save the rain forest.. sounds like you are a trade in away from a prius.
Old 8/13/12, 12:01 PM
Bullitt Member

not saying that a untrue thing to say.. I am saying that doesnt mean that most v6 buyers would pick the v6 over the v8 if they had the choice.
That's kinda true. I would've just added a few grand and bought the GT. When I ordered mine I was gonna pay cash, so even adding a couple grand is adding a couple grand.

I didn't realize with the 36month 0% financing it's not actually so different each month.

But it's not like I don't have enough fun with my V6. I mean, V8 is definitely more fun and especially with that sound. But if you owned a post 2010' V6 you would love it too.
Old 8/13/12, 12:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

I guess I am different. I could have bought a GT around the same price, but it would have been just a GT Premium. I opted for the overall package over a based Premium with a 5.0. As a DD I was not looking to have a GT. I weighed the factors, Where can I use the 420 HP, would the 15MPG in the city work into my budget etc.. People buy what they buy for various reasons. I think its unfounded to say everyone wants a GT and settles for the V6.
Old 8/13/12, 12:05 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

meet my 2000 BAB v6(first mustang) and my 1999 that replaced it

and my 2002 svt that replaced the 99

Old 8/13/12, 12:06 PM
Bullitt Member

I guess I am different. I could have bought a GT around the same price, but it would have been just a GT Premium. I opted for the overall package over a based Premium with a 5.0. As a DD I was not looking to have a GT. I weighed the factors, Where can I use the 420 HP, would the 15MPG in the city work into my budget etc.. People buy what they buy for various reasons. I think its unfounded to say everyone wants a GT and settles for the V6.
And plus our V6s look prettier and are indeed just as powerful as many GTs out on the street - but better mileage.
Old 8/13/12, 12:08 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I daily my 5.0 but I am lucky that the road here in AZ are higher speed and have less stop and go then most cities. The highway speeds are 65-75 but everyone drivers 80 mph. The city streets are 40-50 mph on the surface streets. I drive almost 20 miles each way to work. I get on the 303 loop and drive 71 mph for 17 miles and then get off at my exit and drive 50 mph for 4 miles. I get a city/highway of 24.5 mpg.
Old 8/13/12, 12:10 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by airoscar
And plus our V6s look prettier and are indeed just as powerful as many GTs out on the street - but better mileage.
The older GT's yes. But they lack the torq that make driving a v8 fun. My 2007 mustang gt had the ford racing 550hp whipple kit and taping the go pedal was my favorite thing in the world. That crazy jump was like crack or meth.
Old 8/13/12, 12:11 PM
Bullitt Member

meet my 2000 BAB v6(first mustang) and my 1999 that replaced it

and my 2002 svt that replaced the 99

Meet my 2013 Mustang V6

Meet her again...

Yet again...

let's meet her again and again!

let's meet my 2013 V6 one more time...

Now it's turn for us to meet GreenCars' GHIG