General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Insecure Saleen Driver

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/12, 05:20 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insecure Saleen Driver

I was traveling on a highway today through PA and passed what looked to be a 08 Saleen Mustang with a red-white-blue striping going about 75 mph. I was going my normal highway speed about 80 mph. After passing him and giving generous space I pulled to the right lane like the courteous driver I am.
Within a few seconds he v'rooms by me and stays in the left lane. I didn't think much of it. About 2 miles later I again pass him going my 80mph and again pull over to the right.
This time he pulls over next to me, takes a long look at me then hits the gas and speeds away. I don't see him again.
I then prayed for his empty soul while chuckling.
Old 8/10/12, 05:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Laroh
I was traveling on a highway today through PA and passed what looked to be a 08 Saleen Mustang with a red-white-blue striping going about 75 mph. I was going my normal highway speed about 80 mph. After passing him and giving generous space I pulled to the right lane like the courteous driver I am.
Within a few seconds he v'rooms by me and stays in the left lane. I didn't think much of it. About 2 miles later I again pass him going my 80mph and again pull over to the right.
This time he pulls over next to me, takes a long look at me then hits the gas and speeds away. I don't see him again.
I then prayed for his empty soul while chuckling.
Lol...and you're the one making fun of the guy.

If you think he was butt hurt over your v6 passing him, i think you misread the situation.
Old 8/10/12, 05:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Jeez your a sensitive one, around here thats how we meet n greet! Then we give thumbs up props and go on our way!
Old 8/10/12, 05:29 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
Lol...and you're the one making fun of the guy.
Originally Posted by MRGTX

If you think he was butt hurt over your v6 passing him, i think you misread the situation.
Who says Laroh has a V6? Or are you looking at his TMS status since he's new?

Personally, I hate cars that speed up and slow down, speed up and slow down, when I'm on cruise at a steady speed. Regardless of what they're driving.

Last edited by cdynaco; 8/10/12 at 05:32 PM.
Old 8/10/12, 06:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

uhhhhhh.

look at his avatar...

This thread is fail.
Old 8/10/12, 06:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
nohomo
Old 8/10/12, 06:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Womprat
Jeez your a sensitive one, around here thats how we meet n greet! Then we give thumbs up props and go on our way!
I've got thick skin and generally don't give a dookie what people think of me. I thought his Saleen looked/sounded pretty sweet. I just suppose he found it beneath him to have a V6 pass him.

I just thought it funny and worth sharing.

Last edited by Laroh; 8/10/12 at 06:52 PM.
Old 8/10/12, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't get it. You pass him, obviously because he is going below 80mph, but then pull to the right lane. Twice. Why? Shouldn't you just continue your normal route at your speed of 80mph. Why be courteous to this particular driver, why care about him? Again I don't get it.
Old 8/10/12, 07:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

By the way your car looks very familiar, are you Kevin the guy with earrings that uploaded a video to youtube talking about how cool your new Mustang is?
Old 8/10/12, 07:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by newpony
I don't get it. You pass him, obviously because he is going below 80mph, but then pull to the right lane. Twice. Why? Shouldn't you just continue your normal route at your speed of 80mph. Why be courteous to this particular driver, why care about him? Again I don't get it.

The first time was courtesy. The second time I'll admit that I really wanted to see if he'd do it again.

The point is that I was maintaining a constant 80mph. He was in some imaginary race with everyone around him.
Old 8/10/12, 07:06 PM
GT Member

By the way your car looks very familiar, are you Kevin the guy with earrings that uploaded a video to youtube talking about how cool your new Mustang is?
Haha, I just saw that. He was a total douche. I'm not quite as bad. I have the EXACT same car, but I upgraded it here and there.
You can see it here:
https://themustangsource.com/f784/finally-got-505586/
Old 8/10/12, 07:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, think I get it now. Just keep in mind that if you pass someone and then pull the right, some may interpret that as you want to race. Probably that is what he thought and then when he saw it was just a V6 he was like "WTF?, you want to play with me with a V6. Seriously."
Old 8/10/12, 07:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

??? Laroh, I get what you are saying. When I pass someone, I also get back into the right lane, unless there are more cars to pass, just in case someone is going 81 mph and wants to pass me. How is this challenging behavior, whether you are driving a v6, a sweet 56 F100 or a Boss 302? Weren't we all taught that the left lane is for passing? Anyway, I might give the Saleen driver the benefit of the doubt and say he was just saying whazup!
Old 8/10/12, 07:40 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Laroh
You can see it here:
Old 8/10/12, 07:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think newpony is wookie from that V6 OMG video...
Old 8/10/12, 07:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by max5ive0
??? Laroh, I get what you are saying. When I pass someone, I also get back into the right lane, unless there are more cars to pass, just in case someone is going 81 mph and wants to pass me. How is this challenging behavior, whether you are driving a v6, a sweet 56 F100 or a Boss 302? Weren't we all taught that the left lane is for passing? Anyway, I might give the Saleen driver the benefit of the doubt and say he was just saying whazup!
Not here in MA.
Old 8/10/12, 07:54 PM
V6 Member

He didn't slow down from 80mph, he just moved to the right lane so as not to camp the fast lane like a lot of idiots seem to. The fast lane is not a god given home, when you are done passing you move over so others may do so legally. All he was saying was the guy accelerated after being passed, then slowed down, got passed again, and the guy accelerated yet again... What is not to get?
Old 8/10/12, 08:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LostGeographer
He didn't slow down from 80mph, he just moved to the right lane so as not to camp the fast lane like a lot of idiots seem to. The fast lane is not a god given home, when you are done passing you move over so others may do so legally. All he was saying was the guy accelerated after being passed, then slowed down, got passed again, and the guy accelerated yet again... What is not to get?

Again, not here in MA. Don't worry I get it now.
Old 8/10/12, 08:07 PM
Cobra Member

In my '06 V6 I had a Porche RS do the same thing, then we went back and forth keeping a constant 100mph weaving for about 2 hours. Made for a very quick drive.
And before y'all give me the 'street racing is bad' speech, that was 3 years ago....

Last edited by youngstang90; 8/10/12 at 08:09 PM.
Old 8/10/12, 08:10 PM
V6 Member

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/ima...cf0114502b.jpg

interesting map for those who would like to know which states to avoid.

Quick Reply: Insecure Saleen Driver