General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

I Want to Have My Own Custom Shop. Any Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/12, 10:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
^^^ Good advise right there.
If you want to own a custom shop, go for it. If you want to customize cars yourself, go for it. If you want to own a shop and do the work yourself, good goddamm luck kid. You're better off owning the business and have the right team working for you. Believe me that doing it all yourself will be a 7 long day a week job for the rest of your life. Start small with one or two specialties. Sublet a good paint shop. Sublet a good engine builder and tuner. Interior, etc. That type of stuff. But I like your enthusiasm. You're young and have nothing to lose but maybe a nice dream. Go for it but don't get too far in over your head.
I would own the place, of course, but I enjoy working on cars. It's awesome. I wouldn't mind the extra hours, especially if I make good buck. Yeah I'm thinking I should start off with a few departments and expand in accordance to how much business I'm getting. Anyways, thanks for your support.
Old 9/7/12, 11:24 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would say got to school and get a business degree and in your free time get a job at a custom shop.
Old 9/7/12, 11:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
I would say got to school and get a business degree and in your free time get a job at a custom shop.
So you would say SIU, then?
Old 9/8/12, 12:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
^^^ Good advise right there.
If you want to own a custom shop, go for it. If you want to customize cars yourself, go for it. If you want to own a shop and do the work yourself, good goddamm luck kid. You're better off owning the business and have the right team working for you. Believe me that doing it all yourself will be a 7 long day a week job for the rest of your life. Start small with one or two specialties. Sublet a good paint shop. Sublet a good engine builder and tuner. Interior, etc. That type of stuff. But I like your enthusiasm. You're young and have nothing to lose but maybe a nice dream. Go for it but don't get too far in over your head.
I couldn't have said it better.