General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Collateral Damage?

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/14, 12:24 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slow.stang
So I was going through town the other day and I had a vette under my bumper, no room to do anything due to traffic. Got to the next light and I was in front he was behind me, camaro ss next to me. I can't do anything in my car until third gear(boost and tires don't get along). So I slowly got into 3rd at which time the camaro jumped in behind the vette so I put it to the floor, it was digging hard but I hit some deteriorated asphalt, not gravel though. I felt it spinning but drove through it, when I shifted I looked in the rear view to see how much distance I had put between us. It looked like a roadside bomb had went off. I thought I had blown a ring until I saw the gravel still bouncing around. The vette was pulled off in the grass and the camaro got back in the left lane and was at a complete stop to avoid the destruction I had left behind. Long story short, I felt pretty bad about it, should I?
Honestly I wouldn't feel bad at all, I agree with your prior statement, they shouldn't be that close to you. Now if it were me in their place, yeah I'd be upset if my front end got f****d up, but at the same token I always leave at least 2-3 car links between me and the car in front of me unless I'm passing so.....
Old 6/10/14, 07:05 AM
GT Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Hmm. I guess I read the OP different. I assumed he meant he took off and the Vette tried to follow suit and spun out. For that, I wouldn't give two sh*ts. And if he spun and it kicked up rocks, still I wouldn't give two sh*ts. Not like he knew there would be rocks there, or knew that they would spray all over the car riding his ****. I would 100% do the same thing to some idiot riding my tail like that, *especially* in traffic.

You read it correctly because you possess reading comprehension skills. I didn't say "hey this guy is riding my ****, I'm gonna spray him with weak asphalt that I have no idea is 200 yards in front of me". I had a car in my bumper and decided to put some distance between us, I waited until 3rd because my car never spins in third. I was in gear and hooked up when I hit the weak part of the road and broke loose. I did not dump the clutch or power shift. I was not bragging, I actually did feel bad, but I don't think it was totally my fault. The moral police have spoken though and I guess I was wrong. Next topic, everyone with off road x-pipes are destroying the planet and should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 6/10/14, 07:08 AM
GT Member

"Maybe all your friends are ******** as well???"

You may be onto something there.
Old 6/10/14, 07:13 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by KushBandit
This thread seems a tad immature.

OP, are you bragging that you broke the tires loose and tossed rocks at other car enthusiasts rides? That's how it comes off, and believe it or not, no one except rednecks and ricer kids thinks that's cool. Car forums are filled with enthusiasts, not the former.

I guarantee you'd be singing a different tune if one of those drivers did the same to you. I'm sure you didn't do it deliberately, as if you knew it was loose asphalt and wanted to toss them. That's more along the lines of the diesel guys "roll coaling". Still, bragging about potentially screwing up someone's car is uncool. That's if you're bragging though.

....it does seem rather wild when I play it in my head like a movie though lol.
So if I'm tailgating a guy and he accelerates to get away and I start chasing and 100-200 yds down the road he hits a bad patch of road and gravel starts to come up, I would get mad at him? Don't think so.
Old 6/10/14, 07:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
You read it correctly because you possess reading comprehension skills.
Awww thanks lol

"Maybe all your friends are ******** as well???" You may be onto something there.
You're alright man. You can stay
Old 6/10/14, 09:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You read it correctly because you possess reading comprehension skills. I didn't say "hey this guy is riding my ****, I'm gonna spray him with weak asphalt that I have no idea is 200 yards in front of me". I had a car in my bumper and decided to put some distance between us, I waited until 3rd because my car never spins in third. I was in gear and hooked up when I hit the weak part of the road and broke loose. I did not dump the clutch or power shift. I was not bragging, I actually did feel bad, but I don't think it was totally my fault. The moral police have spoken though and I guess I was wrong. Next topic, everyone with off road x-pipes are destroying the planet and should be ashamed of themselves.
Lethal injections... moral police... give me a freakin' break. You started this ball rolling, SlowStang, with your tale of derring-do and your bravery in the face of insurmountable traffic odds climaxed by your conquest of your uh, pursuers(?). You laid it out for us, and when we didn't all fall into line, congratulating you and wishing we could be just like you, you got a little butt hurt, didn't you? Well, rub some dirt on it-- you'll be just fine. This forum is a place for the exchange of ideas and opinions, and we will always have our differences. However, we all love Mustangs, and we generally feel kinship with other Mustang owners. Despite our differences of opinion regarding aggressive driving practices and what borders on street racing, I do wish you well and hope you continue to enjoy your pony in whatever fashion you prefer.
Old 6/10/14, 10:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
So if I'm tailgating a guy and he accelerates to get away and I start chasing and 100-200 yds down the road he hits a bad patch of road and gravel starts to come up, I would get mad at him? Don't think so.
If the driver in front of you deliberately broke his tires loose to chuck the loose gravel in the ground at your car, possibly causing damage, you'd be just fine with it? You're certainly a better man than I. That's certainly how your original post comes off as. The "" and "should I feel bad?", are what make your actions seem deliberate, just FYI.

I believe there is some misconception in this thread, perhaps you could clear up your story? Did you want to damage the other car, so entail, you broke the tires loose to do so? Or did the other drivers spin out/pull over because they couldn't see past the big dirt cloud?

Perhaps Laserred is just wiser than us peasants lol. Perhaps you could improve your story telling as well .

Btw, I'm not part of the Moral Police.....I'm more of a Grammar **** haha.

Last edited by KushBandit; 6/10/14 at 10:15 PM.
Old 6/11/14, 04:29 AM
GT Member

If the driver in front of you deliberately broke his tires loose to chuck the loose gravel in the ground at your car, possibly causing damage, you'd be just fine with it? You're certainly a better man than I. That's certainly how your original post comes off as. The "" and "should I feel bad?", are what make your actions seem deliberate, just FYI.

I believe there is some misconception in this thread, perhaps you could clear up your story? Did you want to damage the other car, so entail, you broke the tires loose to do so? Or did the other drivers spin out/pull over because they couldn't see past the big dirt cloud?

Perhaps Laserred is just wiser than us peasants lol. Perhaps you could improve your story telling as well .

Btw, I'm not part of the Moral Police.....I'm more of a Grammar **** haha.
As I said I waited until 3rd to prevent spinning with a perfect road under me(no debris) it was down the road where this occurred. I thought this was clear at this point, but as you pointed out I am not Dr. Seuss. Of course I did not want to damage their car I respect a man's vehicle more than the man in most instances.
Old 6/11/14, 04:33 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mickstang
Lethal injections... moral police... give me a freakin' break. You started this ball rolling, SlowStang, with your tale of derring-do and your bravery in the face of insurmountable traffic odds climaxed by your conquest of your uh, pursuers(?). You laid it out for us, and when we didn't all fall into line, congratulating you and wishing we could be just like you, you got a little butt hurt, didn't you? Well, rub some dirt on it-- you'll be just fine. This forum is a place for the exchange of ideas and opinions, and we will always have our differences. However, we all love Mustangs, and we generally feel kinship with other Mustang owners. Despite our differences of opinion regarding aggressive driving practices and what borders on street racing, I do wish you well and hope you continue to enjoy your pony in whatever fashion you prefer.
I love you too MickStang although I am a Chevy guy at heart. I will not be applying any dirt to my butt, you will have to get your desires met elsewhere.

Last edited by slow.stang; 6/11/14 at 04:34 AM.
Old 6/11/14, 05:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If somebody decides to tailgate me really close and doesn't let up when I put the brake light on (not actually hit the brakes)
I just keeping slowing down until they go around, it's always fun.
Old 6/11/14, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

As I said I waited until 3rd to prevent spinning with a perfect road under me(no debris) it was down the road where this occurred. I thought this was clear at this point, but as you pointed out I am not Dr. Seuss. Of course I did not want to damage their car I respect a man's vehicle more than the man in most instances.
Gotcha, it makes perfect sense now

In that case, If some guys had been "on my ***" while moving through some gears, I would have done the same thing. Well, maybe when I have a blower haha.

Btw, I'm a Chevy guy at heart too
Old 6/12/14, 08:58 AM
GT Member

Gotcha, it makes perfect sense now

In that case, If some guys had been "on my ***" while moving through some gears, I would have done the same thing. Well, maybe when I have a blower haha.

Btw, I'm a Chevy guy at heart too
Ya, I really had my heart set on a new Camaro SS then I looked at them and now I'm temporarily a Ford guy. Hoping things work out the way I think they will with my job, got my eyes on a 2015 Z06.
Old 6/12/14, 10:51 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,184 Likes on 1,630 Posts
Fanboys!!!
Old 6/12/14, 11:40 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Fanboys!!!
Cmon big fella, we're all team MURICA!!!
Old 6/13/14, 10:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Cmon big fella, we're all team MURICA!!!
You're **** right! It doesn't matter the emblem on the car, only that it has an American V8!
Old 6/14/14, 01:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
You're **** right! It doesn't matter the emblem on the car, only that it has an American V8!
[[[[***and Chinese transmission***]]]]

Old 6/14/14, 11:31 AM
GT Member

Except Dodge, of course