General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Collateral Damage?

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/14, 05:18 PM
GT Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Collateral Damage?

So I was going through town the other day and I had a vette under my bumper, no room to do anything due to traffic. Got to the next light and I was in front he was behind me, camaro ss next to me. I can't do anything in my car until third gear(boost and tires don't get along). So I slowly got into 3rd at which time the camaro jumped in behind the vette so I put it to the floor, it was digging hard but I hit some deteriorated asphalt, not gravel though. I felt it spinning but drove through it, when I shifted I looked in the rear view to see how much distance I had put between us. It looked like a roadside bomb had went off. I thought I had blown a ring until I saw the gravel still bouncing around. The vette was pulled off in the grass and the camaro got back in the left lane and was at a complete stop to avoid the destruction I had left behind. Long story short, I felt pretty bad about it, should I?
Old 6/6/14, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The fact that you feel compelled to ask indicates that you must be having some misgivings. Do you feel like you were acting like an adult when you nailed it?
Old 6/7/14, 09:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
street racing bla bla bla

ok yea that would be a drag to have that happen to me.

Should you feel bad dunno should you?

Should this question be in the answer a question with a question thread??

Yea don't do that again
Old 6/7/14, 11:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Would you have been upset if a car did that to you.....I bet you would be wanting blood......
Old 6/7/14, 12:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Beware of Karma.

She never sleeps and is always hungry.
Old 6/7/14, 01:26 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Beware of Karma. She never sleeps and is always hungry.
Karma's a b!tch!!!
Old 6/7/14, 02:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by slow.stang
So I was going through town the other day and I had a vette under my bumper, no room to do anything due to traffic. Got to the next light and I was in front he was behind me, camaro ss next to me. I can't do anything in my car until third gear(boost and tires don't get along). So I slowly got into 3rd at which time the camaro jumped in behind the vette so I put it to the floor, it was digging hard but I hit some deteriorated asphalt, not gravel though. I felt it spinning but drove through it, when I shifted I looked in the rear view to see how much distance I had put between us. It looked like a roadside bomb had went off. I thought I had blown a ring until I saw the gravel still bouncing around. The vette was pulled off in the grass and the camaro got back in the left lane and was at a complete stop to avoid the destruction I had left behind. Long story short, I felt pretty bad about it, should I?
I depends on if you knew the asphalt was bad or not. The cars behind you should have been traveling at a safe distance also. Don't street race. And yeah there's karma.
Old 6/7/14, 05:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
my feeling is that he is just messing with us and that he knows better than to pull that sheet on the street ...<------ Ha You know it
Old 6/9/14, 06:54 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GrnT
I depends on if you knew the asphalt was bad or not. The cars behind you should have been traveling at a safe distance also. Don't street race. And yeah there's karma.
No I did not know the asphalt was bad, if my intention were to blow the tires off I would not have waited until 3rd gear to do it. This is a highway with no side streets it's not like I was doing donuts in a school zone.
Old 6/9/14, 06:54 AM
GT Member

Beware of Karma.

She never sleeps and is always hungry.
True statement
Old 6/9/14, 07:07 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
Would you have been upset if a car did that to you.....I bet you would be wanting blood......
Nah, would have backed off and assumed there's no way he did that purposely.
Old 6/9/14, 07:58 AM
Cobra R Member

Dick move.
Old 6/9/14, 12:33 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Be glad he didn't get your license plate. People are conflict hungry these days.
Old 6/9/14, 01:01 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Be glad he didn't get your license plate. People are conflict hungry these days.
I don't know that its conflict hunger so much... but I would understand them hunting him down for trashing the front end.

<So I was going through town the other day and I had a vette under my bumper, no room to do anything due to traffic.>
<This is a highway with no side streets it's not like I was doing donuts in a school zone.>

<should I?>

How would you feel if your front end now had permanent scars?
Old 6/9/14, 03:38 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I don't know that its conflict hunger so much... but I would understand them hunting him down for trashing the front end.

<So I was going through town the other day and I had a vette under my bumper, no room to do anything due to traffic.>
<This is a highway with no side streets it's not like I was doing donuts in a school zone.>

<should I?>

How would you feel if your front end now had permanent scars?
1. I don't think anything hit his car because I had put quite a bit of distance between us
2. I didn't ask him to follow me through town 5 inches off my bumper
3. I didn't ask him to try to catch up with me when I decided to drive off
4. Last time I checked street racing didn't consist of a single file line
5 Considering 1-4 I'm not sure how this is 100% my fault

This has been a great experiment though, everyone I've told in person has laughed and said he shouldn't of been riding my A$$, everyone with a keyboard wants me to get lethal injection, very interesting.

Last edited by slow.stang; 6/9/14 at 03:43 PM.
Old 6/9/14, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I don't remember reading anything about lethal injections, but I did get the feeling that the forum's consensus was that you could have handled the situation better. Or is that somehow all the same thing to you?
Old 6/9/14, 09:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Maybe all your friends are ******** as well???

I'd be pissed if someone did that in front of my car (don't have to be "5 inches" away to catch rocks like that), and I also refrain from acting like a jackass (which includes spinning the tires...) with any sort of traffic around.
Old 6/9/14, 09:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
This thread seems a tad immature.

OP, are you bragging that you broke the tires loose and tossed rocks at other car enthusiasts rides? That's how it comes off, and believe it or not, no one except rednecks and ricer kids thinks that's cool. Car forums are filled with enthusiasts, not the former.

I guarantee you'd be singing a different tune if one of those drivers did the same to you. I'm sure you didn't do it deliberately, as if you knew it was loose asphalt and wanted to toss them. That's more along the lines of the diesel guys "roll coaling". Still, bragging about potentially screwing up someone's car is uncool. That's if you're bragging though.

....it does seem rather wild when I play it in my head like a movie though lol.

Last edited by KushBandit; 6/9/14 at 11:12 PM.
Old 6/9/14, 11:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Hmm. I guess I read the OP different. I assumed he meant he took off and the Vette tried to follow suit and spun out. For that, I wouldn't give two sh*ts. And if he spun and it kicked up rocks, still I wouldn't give two sh*ts. Not like he knew there would be rocks there, or knew that they would spray all over the car riding his ****. I would 100% do the same thing to some idiot riding my tail like that, *especially* in traffic.

Old 6/9/14, 11:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Hmm. I guess I read the OP different. I assumed he meant he took off and the Vette tried to follow suit and spun out. For that, I wouldn't give two sh*ts. And if he spun and it kicked up rocks, still I wouldn't give two sh*ts. Not like he knew there would be rocks there, or knew that they would spray all over the car riding his ****. I would 100% do the same thing to some idiot riding my tail like that, *especially* in traffic.

Could be. I read it more like "these guys followed me, I punched it and broke the tires loose, causing the loose asphalt/dirt underneath to be thrown into the air and potentially damage said cars following".

....I may be a tad off. I agree though, I wouldn't take it kindly if some punks were following me like OP described. I find it kind of immature to brag about damaging someone else's car though.

Who cares though! Moral of the story is the Chevys thought they could take the Mustang, but got left in the dust....literally hahaha.

Last edited by KushBandit; 6/9/14 at 11:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Collateral Damage?