General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Camaro5...ROFL!

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/10, 10:04 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That video put me in a bad mood. Way too much stupidity in this country. Maybe we can throw the Tea Party into the Boston Harbor...and Sarah Palin. Thanks alot. Oh yeah MuSaNGz 4 LIfe!!!!
Old 3/31/10, 10:18 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tbi0904
That video put me in a bad mood. Way too much stupidity in this country. Maybe we can throw the Tea Party into the Boston Harbor...and Sarah Palin. Thanks alot. Oh yeah MuSaNGz 4 LIfe!!!!
Noooo... how about your grandma Pelosi and her boy Reid and the rest of the Chicago mobsters.
Old 3/31/10, 10:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

well you can turn on the "TRAVEL CHANNEL" if you have it in your area and watch america's worst drivers (right now)... makes you wonder if they are this bad now.. how the hell did they pass their original drivers test?
Old 3/31/10, 11:01 PM
eci
Banned

You need to lighten up. The guy has made around 200 videos. He's a comedian.
Old 4/1/10, 06:12 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Look in the mirror next time. I think your sig says it all.
Old 4/1/10, 07:04 AM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

YES! before any tea party anything goes anywhere, please toss pelosi, reid, frank and any and all other political mobsters and crooks into the deepest darkest abyss... we can start by voting them out.
Old 4/1/10, 08:17 AM
GT Member

Wow, this thread jumped off the tracks and flew into a mountain.
Old 4/1/10, 08:45 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by i3arracuda
Wow, this thread jumped off the tracks and flew into a mountain.

The flight wasn't a long one. They didn't even serve peanuts.
Old 4/1/10, 08:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Move it to the politics forum, thankee.

Old 4/1/10, 09:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back on track now.

Camaro = poop
Mustang = Awesome
Old 4/1/10, 09:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Personally, the "Big Man" vid made me laugh several times out loud. Pretty hilarious really.

This really all amounts to a difference of opinion. The thing is, their opinion is definitely in the minority. GM had the chance of chances. The chance to re-introduce their answer to the worlds pony car. In my opinion (and it is only that) they blew their chance. The car looks very cartoonish as many have stated. I'm not at all nuts about the front, I hate the back and the interior is just one big huge goof. The engine makes up for a lot of these things, but considering they've only been able to do like 60,000 units the first year after being absent since '02 tells me it just doesn't have the following the Mustang does.

I don't know the exact number but as I recall over a million Mustangs have been made since production began. The introduction of the S-197 in '04 as an '05 model was a breakout year with 120,000 units + sold. Had they executed a good design, I feel the Camaro would've faired much better and maintained more longevity. I don't see another 30 or even 50hp being thrown in the mix helping them sustain sales for more than 2-3 years before GM is forced to once again look at either starting from scratch or just scrapping it again altogether. GM just doesn't design desireable cars. They haven't in a long time. The last time there was a Camaro that I liked, it was the 1979 body style. Since then I haven't liked any of them. Yes they have a strong small block engine family, but they've been tweaking on that basic design for 40 years. It had BETTER be good.

For me, introducing that car, the way it looks WITH IRS and a MUCH larger engine only to have the 100hp down 2010 GT basically spank it in everything except straight line performance is pretty embarressing. Ford smelled the blood and went for the kill on the '11. I believe they succeeded. Yes GM will probably counter punch, but Ford is a different company now. They won't lay down as they did in the past. The days of beating up on the much smaller engined Fords are gone.

As far as the Camaro5 board is concerned, their attitudes are trickle down. The moderators in general are jerks, so their members are allowed to be that way as well. That behavior wouldn't be tolerated here. Deep down they know the formidable competition the Mustang brings. They know the sales leadership, the legacy and now I also believe they realize they can't just rely on their big engine to whoop it up. They're scared and they should be.

Way to go Ford!! Keep the updates coming!

Last edited by 97svtgoin05gt; 4/1/10 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 4/1/10, 09:50 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by eci
You need to lighten up. The guy has made around 200 videos. He's a comedian.
I was joking. Of all people, I would've thought you'd get it. I'll use smily faces next time. Sorry.
Old 4/1/10, 09:51 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by gtrules46
It sure makes for an interesting & fun marriage indeed. She is an AWESOME lady & I consider myself very lucky.
Thats great!! My wife is a Ford lover like me but it is nice to have a spouse that shares the car hobby like we do!!
Old 4/1/10, 09:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt

For me, introducing that car, the way it looks WITH IRS and a MUCH larger engine only to have the 100hp down 2010 GT basically spank it in everything except straight line performance is pretty embarressing. Ford smelled the blood and went for the kill on the '11. I believe they succeeded. Yes GM will probably counter punch, but Ford is a different company now. They won't lay down as they did in the past. The days of beating up on the much smaller engined Fords are gone.

Way to go Ford!! Keep the updates coming!
Gonna have to disagree with you on this item. Ford did not update the 2011 Mustang in response to GMs introduction of the 2010 Camaro. They began working on the update to the S197 back in 2006/7 when it became certain that Chevy was moving forward with the 5th gen Camaro and that it would be powered by and LSx engine that would be of a higher performance than the current modular and cologne engines in the Mustangs. It just took this long to get through the development process.
Old 9/24/11, 07:55 AM
GT Member

And Heaven help a member over there if they try to set the record straight on information about the Mustang. Those who have done so are banned. Just like the guy who owns that twin turbo GT500 - he'd been a member there for over two years and 1000 posts, and that one mod got a burr in his *** to ban him because he was setting the record straight on the Mustang in a civil manner. Not to mention the fact they made it a point to tell him he wasn't allowed to come to that Camarofest they are putting on just because he was banned. It's like an element over there is brainwashed, and anytime anyone says the word Mustang they stick their fingers in their ears and go "LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear you!".
That would be me. LOL! I'm still not sure why I received the ban-stick though. I was always civil in my posts and never bashed the Camaro. I think they have issues with anyone on that site that does not drink the Camaro and/or GM Koolaid.
Old 9/24/11, 08:00 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by GarageLogic
That would be me. LOL! I'm still not sure why I received the ban-stick though. I was always civil in my posts and never bashed the Camaro. I think they have issues with anyone on that site that does not drink the Camaro and/or GM Koolaid.
HOLY RESURRECTED THREAD BATMAN!
Old 9/24/11, 08:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GarageLogic
You pretty much hit the nail on the head there. They have some GM big shot employees on that forum as well. More than once I have directly ask them questions and have yet to get any answers. I have owned my fair share of GM S Series trucks and I know them inside and out. I still have one by the way. Good drive trains and the truck falls apart around the engine.

I simply wanted to know why my alternators fail at 40K like clockwork and my AC compressor goes out at 50K along with the water pump ect..... GM cheaped out on componets back in the day. GM was smart enough back then to just get you out of warranty and then you were on your own. LOL

I swear to you all when this last one leaves my driveway it will be replaced with something from somebody that didnt take a bailout. Its a shame because I believe GM builds really good solid simple reliable engines that I like to some degree. I cant complain about their power trains. If they can get the rest of their stuff up to the engines then they will have something.
Old 9/24/11, 12:48 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Adam
They're both great American made* vehicles with a history any "car guy" can respect. We shouldn't be against each other.
I could not agree more. Both cars are amazing and impressive American Cars. This is my 8th mustang and I've never owned a GM product, but I was absolutely cross shopping before the 5.0 came out. After all the Camaro and the Grand Sport Corvette are great looking performance bargins.

Of course there are always nut case loyalists on both sides of the Chebby / Ford debate and both do a disservice to these excellent cars. Ultimately I just enjoy the fact that each of the big three are putting out good looking high HP cars. Each seems to have some area where it excels.
Old 9/24/11, 01:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The current Camaro is not an American Muscle car..I wish people would stop deluding themselves. The car was developed in Australia, on an Australian designed rear wheel chassis, and is being built in Canada. I really don't care if GM is selling it. This is an Australian/Canadian car.

As for the Challenger. FIAT owns Chrysler, and the Challenger is also built in Canada. Not an American Muscle car. Chrysler is no longer one of the "Big Three" U.S. car companies, and has not been for a long time.

The only true American Muscle Car left is the Mustang, designed and built in the United States, by U.S. workers. No bailout money.

I have nothing against the vehicles built in Canada, just pointing out the obvious, which seems to be largely ignored.
Old 9/24/11, 01:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
The current Camaro is not an American Muscle car..I wish people would stop deluding themselves. The car was developed in Australia, on an Australian designed rear wheel chassis, and is being built in Canada. I really don't care if GM is selling it. This is an Australian/Canadian car.

As for the Challenger. FIAT owns Chrysler, and the Challenger is also built in Canada. Not an American Muscle car. Chrysler is no longer one of the "Big Three" U.S. car companies, and has not been for a long time.

The only true American Muscle Car left is the Mustang, designed and built in the United States, by U.S. workers. No bailout money.

I have nothing against the vehicles built in Canada, just pointing out the obvious, which seems to be largely ignored.
But the mighty Boss 302 Motor is built here. And just to set the record straight Canada, Mexico and the United States of... are all in North America, thus an American built car. If it wasn't for Canada and Mexico you might be buying your Muscle Car from Germany instead.