General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Camaro5...ROFL!

Old 3/29/10, 10:19 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Camaro5...ROFL!

I love coming over here occasionally and reading the responses of these guys. They're seriously butt-hurt that someone came to play and can hang REAL close to their Camaros. Now they keep saying "wait until the 2011 specs are released".

Let's face it, it'll be a game of one-upping each other until the next major product cycle.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=73828&page=2
Old 3/29/10, 10:27 AM
Bullitt Member

I was looking at camaro5 last night. Yeah you're right about everyone saying "wait for the 2011!" I'm not really sure if anything substantial is on its way however. Usually if there is going to be a design or power update/upgrade people know about it well in advance of its release date, and we've heard nothing noteworthy about the 2011 camaro. The talk of "Chevy is now going to bump up the power for the SS because of the 5.0" is silly. These guys obviously have know idea how the automotive development process works.
Old 3/29/10, 10:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They're both great American made* vehicles with a history any "car guy" can respect. We shouldn't be against each other.
Old 3/29/10, 10:32 AM
GTR Member

They could feasibly add the 3.73 gear option and remap the ECU to contend again. It's not that hard.
Old 3/29/10, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Adam2004
They're both great American made* vehicles with a history any "car guy" can respect. We shouldn't be against each other.
Agreed. They should be ganging up together to go scare the imports.
Old 3/29/10, 12:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
They could feasibly add the 3.73 gear option and remap the ECU to contend again. It's not that hard.
Very true. And of course don't forget about the upcoming legend, the Z/28! lol
Old 3/29/10, 12:13 PM
Cobra Member

LOL..we should all be thankful we have these cars at our disposal and can enjoy them no matter what brand!! I am a Ford guy and have been since I was born! I owe thanks to my Dad for making me this way
Old 3/29/10, 12:21 PM
GTR Member

Don't hate all import drivers, we're not all bad LOL.

The Z/28 needs to come out so they can move the Corvette up market and sell more.
Old 3/29/10, 12:26 PM
eci
Banned

Ford hasn't had a good N/A engine in a long time. By "good" I mean something I would be happy with. The 3v just didn't cut it.

I would love to see a larger displacement version. I would pay $60k for a 5.8L Boss w/ IRS. Are you listening Ford?

IRS would make the car perfect. Yes, I know the stick axle performs excellent on the track. IRS is superior if you drive the car on actual government paved roads. No way around that. A bump on the left rear tire affecting the right rear geometry doesn't inspire confidence, even with a Watts.
Old 3/29/10, 12:30 PM
eci
Banned

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73843

GTR Member

Originally Posted by eci
Ford hasn't had a good N/A engine in a long time. By "good" I mean something I would be happy with. The 3v just didn't cut it.

I would love to see a larger displacement version. I would pay $60k for a 5.8L Boss w/ IRS. Are you listening Ford?

IRS would make the car perfect. Yes, I know the stick axle performs excellent on the track. IRS is superior if you drive the car on actual government paved roads. No way around that. A bump on the left rear tire affecting the right rear geometry doesn't inspire confidence, even with a Watts.
Do you consider the Coyote a "good" motor?

I don't think $60K for a Boss is worth it. Price it at $40K, keep it with limited options, and that's right where it needs to be.

IRS is coming when the global platform finally shows up. It'll be the late player to arrive, but I have no doubt that Ford will be able to tune it to drive properly on all surfaces. I'm concerned about durability, but that's a ways away. I'd be content with a Watt's on the 2012 Boss if that's all they can do. At least it can help dampen some opposite wheel impact...
eci
Banned

Do you consider the Coyote a "good" motor?
Yes. Love it.

I'll probably buy an 11' vert for a DD.

$40k won't buy a unit built tough enough. I want all the upgrades. A GT coupe costs $40k the way I'd order one. A larger motor, internals for 8,000 RPM, IRS, stronger trans etc will add $20k. I don't want a stripped down car, I want a true "GT". You need all the interior upgrades and "luxury" items for that. The $30k GT is more of an "LX", not a Grand Tourer.

That's what I love about the Corvette line. Two N/A choices and a boosted choice. None are stripped down. If someone wants a racecar they can buy the Boss 302R.

Last edited by eci; 3/29/10 at 12:37 PM.
Old 3/29/10, 12:39 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by eci
$40k won't buy a unit built tough enough. I want all the upgrades. A GT coupe costs $40k the way I'd order one. A large motor, internals for 8,000 RPM, IRS, stronger trans etc will add $20k. I don't want a stripped down car, I want a true "GT". You need all the interior upgrades and "luxury" items for that. The $30k GT is more of an "LX", not a Grand Tourer.
I agree with you there. At $40K, you're getting a stripped down weekend racer, but at the expense of no goodies.

I'd really like to see the 2012 have the Recaros as an option, and also have them available with the Comfort package. Ideally, I'd get a 2012 with Recaros, HIDs, Comfort pkg, Security Pkg, Brembos, and the Electronics Pkg. That way I'm getting all the goodies I want with a factory warranty and don't have much else to add on.
Old 3/29/10, 12:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by eci

I was thinking the same thing as far as the engine goes, a 5.0 bored out to 5.6 or 5.8. Adding the IRS to such a car would be awesome but it would likely get pricey too.
Old 3/29/10, 12:40 PM
eci
Banned

I agree with you there. At $40K, you're getting a stripped down weekend racer, but at the expense of no goodies.

I'd really like to see the 2012 have the Recaros as an option, and also have them available with the Comfort package. Ideally, I'd get a 2012 with Recaros, HIDs, Comfort pkg, Security Pkg, Brembos, and the Electronics Pkg. That way I'm getting all the goodies I want with a factory warranty and don't have much else to add on.
Agree. That's what makes the Mustang so awesome, Ford is finally paying attention to what "GT" means. I love how "nice" the car has become. You don't feel like you are driving a pile of crap with only a powerful engine to be happy about.
Old 3/29/10, 12:46 PM
GTR Member

That brightened my day...it doesn't take much to bring the mulletheads out.

Old 3/29/10, 12:49 PM
Bullitt Member

I can't get camaro5 here at work. Could someone kindly post the one sentence summary of the thread?
Old 3/29/10, 12:50 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by whysoserious
I can't get camaro5 here at work. Could someone kindly post the one sentence summary of the thread?
Our CAr IS bEtter just Yuo WAit The CamAro In 2011 Gets 500000 MOre hPz!!
Old 3/29/10, 12:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by eci
Our CAr IS bEtter just Yuo WAit The CamAro In 2011 Gets 500000 MOre hPz!!
Oh yes, this must be the "a single cam swap will result in 500HP on the LS3" thread I was looking at yesterday. 74HP from cam swap? If you say so.
Old 3/29/10, 12:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Don't bring your mustang crap here your still driving an ugly car, your still driving a ford, your taillights are still unbearable, we still have the faster car and your still going to loose. thanks GET OFF OUR FORUM.
He cant take the pain

Search this Thread