General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Camaro5...ROFL!

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/10, 02:36 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sixstrings
So with all the mullet and dumb comments going on here, it is actually worse here than at Camaro5.
I wouldn't say that at all. While we may have a little fun, I've read enough over there the past year to see how they foam at the mouth - and then the mods ban you if you dare offer constructive criticism of their idol.

I love my Bullitt. But hey, all 3 are pretty awesome cars and if I had the dough, there'd be a Challenger & a Camaro to drive too. But not in lieu of my Bullitt Mustang.

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/29/10 at 02:44 PM.
Old 3/29/10, 02:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gtrules46
I really love the Mustang alot, but just recently bought a Camaro. I know, I KNOW!!!!! Hold you *** rippings. LOL!!!! I am going to give the wife the Camaro & am going to go ahead & purchase the 2011 base GT, 373's, & Brembo Brake packaged Mustang that I have on order, so that we can have the best of both worlds. The Jeep is paid for, so the wife has said that she would take the Camaro 1SS & gave me the go ahead for the Mustang. IS THAT A SWEET DEAL OR WHAT????? I love all performance based cars, but you can bet it WILL be on when my Mustang comes in. My wife has already started talking crap & I haven't given the Camaro to her yet. It's gonna be so awesome. LOL!!!!! This IS my favorite site by the way, cause lots of good people. Have a nice one everybody.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm certainly not going to rag on anyone who buys a Camaro.

What I WILL rag on, however, is someone living in denial and coming up with insane justifications of why one car is better than another when the numbers don't support the claims or suddenly discrediting the same sources of information they trumpeted when said source was in favor of the Camaro. This is what C5 has been doing since last night, and it's why I laugh at them.

But I truly hope you are enjoying your Camaro. They're beautiful cars and if you have the chance to own both, then I would consider you an incredibly lucky man.
Old 3/29/10, 02:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, what a bunch of jerkoffs
Old 3/29/10, 02:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Some good camaro5 quotes...
Interesting fact tho... they're only allowed 1 thread in all of camaro5 to talk about the the new mustang offerings... lol

d-ball2ss
also the camro is way wayy cooler looking and you know what????? the LS3 is way more bad A$$ then any 5.0( boys we got 6.2's) haha
ROD1
I see they already giving up to $3000 rebates on them.
Zeus
the Camaro handles better due to a much more advanced platform and suspension system
Ghost of Vincent Price
Its still going to attract effing the typical douche nerd mustang driver that thinks their car is faster than anything. Yes your typical GT mustang driver is the domestic equivelent of a BMW driver. They think the car makes them cool or something.

Its funny how many camaro sites came out of nowhere and are sucessful, but mustang sites just sit around and collect interwebz dust.

Yes mustang drivers are mostly tools...thats why they come here instead of going to mustang sites. They dont even get along with each other.
Cmicasa the Great XvX
I think the Camaro beat the Mustang because it's a chevy... And that's pretty much all it needed to be to beat that *****-effin Ford Girl's car. lol
swizz
OMG, the Mustang is getting better. What do we do! What do we do! *Panic* NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorrry but Camaro still looks nicer, is STILL the better buy and GM will blow them out the water soon enough.

Last edited by 2010MustangGT; 3/29/10 at 02:50 PM.
Old 3/29/10, 02:51 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
Interesting fact tho... they're only allowed 1 thread in all of camaro5 to talk about the the new mustang offerings... lol
Old 3/29/10, 02:56 PM
Cobra R Member

^^^

Have you not seen every 2011 mustang v6 and GT thread is moved into 1 thread- "2011 Mustang Info' (Keep all threads here)"?

Last edited by 2010MustangGT; 3/29/10 at 02:59 PM.
Old 3/29/10, 02:58 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tvrbob
Exactly. The race seems to be to prove who is dumber, and from where I'm sitting, it looks like a dead heat.
Well said!
Old 3/29/10, 02:59 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
And don't forget....The Camaro has a better warranty.
Old 3/29/10, 02:59 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by eci
Ford hasn't had a good N/A engine in a long time. By "good" I mean something I would be happy with. The 3v just didn't cut it.

I would love to see a larger displacement version. I would pay $60k for a 5.8L Boss w/ IRS. Are you listening Ford?

IRS would make the car perfect. Yes, I know the stick axle performs excellent on the track. IRS is superior if you drive the car on actual government paved roads. No way around that. A bump on the left rear tire affecting the right rear geometry doesn't inspire confidence, even with a Watts.
I don't agree. I think the 3-valve is a cracking motor. Yes, the 5.0 litre is better... but that 3-valve is a superb normally aspirated motor and can give decent numbers when supercharged.
Old 3/29/10, 03:01 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Have you not seen every 2011 mustang v6 and GT is moved into 1 thread?
I've just followed the links here provided by others. But they seem to be getting progressively worse.

I don't think I could be a member there if I owned a Camaro. That's just too much.

I'm a member of several other types of forums from the Raptor, to Full size Bronco, to golf carts, and all different kinds of things and I don't think I've ever seen anything so bad unless it is youtube comments.
Old 3/29/10, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rjaniz
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm certainly not going to rag on anyone who buys a Camaro.

What I WILL rag on, however, is someone living in denial and coming up with insane justifications of why one car is better than another when the numbers don't support the claims or suddenly discrediting the same sources of information they trumpeted when said source was in favor of the Camaro. This is what C5 has been doing since last night, and it's why I laugh at them.

But I truly hope you are enjoying your Camaro. They're beautiful cars and if you have the chance to own both, then I would consider you an incredibly lucky man.
I agree with you 100%. I'll tell you what the problem is with the Camaro guys. I own a Camaro but would never EVER try to justify & make excuses as to why something is slower, better etc... They over at C5 are extreemly jealous of the Mustang & they feel threatened, so they are trying to justify their feelings so that they can feel better about themselves & the Camaro & there is really no need for all this crap they are spewing. Know what I mean???

Like I said before. I love the Mustang & have the 08 Bullitt & would never part with it.
I think the rivalrey should just be all in fun. I do consider myself a very lucky man to be able to have the best of both worlds & a great wife who supports it all. LOL!!!!
Old 3/29/10, 03:13 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gtrules46
I agree with you 100%. I'll tell you what the problem is with the Camaro guys. I own a Camaro but would never EVER try to justify & make excuses as to why something is slower, better etc... They over at C5 are extreemly jealous of the Mustang & they feel threatened, so they are trying to justify their feelings so that they can feel better about themselves & the Camaro & there is really no need for all this crap they are spewing. Know what I mean???

Like I said before. I love the Mustang & have the 08 Bullitt & would never part with it.
I think the rivalrey should just be all in fun. I do consider myself a very lucky man to be able to have the best of both worlds & a great wife who supports it all. LOL!!!!
You truly are lucky man, and you're going to have a beastly stripper 5.0
Old 3/29/10, 03:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by sixstrings
what is funny is you guys are trashing them for being petty and stupid, but there is a whole group of "them" that are talking up the new mustang and saying that they hope GM steps up.

So with all the mullet and dumb comments going on here, it is actually worse here than at Camaro5.

edit: dumb spelling.....
Well the thing is, (at least as long as I've been a member here, nearly 6 years) there has always been discussions *allowed* here about other cars and how they perform. Over on Camaro5, if you so much as get caught talking about anything not related to the Camaro you get flamed. For example, if a member got their facts wrong about the new 5.0 and someone came in and corrected them, that person would be flamed, and if they tried to justify their post by saying they were just trying to set the record straight, they get banned. In other words, if you don't drink their Koolaid, you're out. At least one of the mods over there has completely lost it and is really ruining that forum. Objectivity is not something that forum is known for. Not at all. TMS has always been a great place to discuss the Mustang AND other cars. The mods here do a great job, and while I don't agree with some of those posts on C5, I have to say with some of the comments allowed on that site and their questionable moderating they kind of bring it on themselves. Nearly every time someone has a wreck in their Camaro, it was because of some "phantom Mustang driver" or "Ford driver". Or if their cars get vandalized it was always a Mustang driver. Please. They get themselves worked into such an anti-Mustang mindset that they are almost paranoid. So yeah,
that place is a mess. Until they step back and realize what they are doing they are going to have problems.

So you see, TMS could *never* be as bad as Camaro5.
Old 3/29/10, 03:25 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another forum I belong to in the Mazda world is like that. You can't talk about any other forums but theirs, no links, discussions, etc. or you're a marked member. At least here you can talk free.

Bottom line with the C5 guys, they're so sensitive about this, yet a year ago they were fine. I hope the 2011 Camaro brings it up a notch and keeps things competitive, as it will only pay dividends down the road for Mustang owners. We all saw what 5 years of no competition brought us...
Old 3/29/10, 03:28 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by jay_wx
In other words, if you don't drink their Koolaid, you're out. At least one of the mods over there has completely lost it and is really ruining that forum. Objectivity is not something that forum is known for. Not at all.
Well I just have to say... oops my bad!

I thought you were talking about IMBOC.
Old 3/29/10, 03:35 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
The Camaro SS will beat any Mustang and all the past Camaros...

... in size and weight?

Old 3/29/10, 03:36 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Name:  3car.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  11.7 KB

Old 3/29/10, 03:42 PM
eci
Banned

I love this one:

how about the 2010 camaro and the 2010 mustang.chevy hasn't come out with the 2011 yet.
Old 3/29/10, 03:46 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

if that mag wanted to call out that it was just under 5 liters they'd have to say 4.951 because if you want to display 1 decimal then per the rules of math and all that crap you'd have to round the .9 to 1.0 which would round to 5.0, but if you want to you can definetely go ahead and write its a 4.951, you just can't write that its a 4.9 because you would have to write 5.0
Old 3/29/10, 04:04 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

By looking at the size of those hoods I'd say some Camaro owner is compensating.