General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Camaro5...ROFL!

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/10, 04:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,026 Posts
actually when I read the threads over there on Camaro5 (I go there often) they are more balanced than you guys here make them out to be; though there are a few of the "us versus them" fanboys who are Camaro-loyal no matter what, who come up with all these stupid arguments as to why "we" are better than "them" . . .

like a few others commented above, I see this on every forum I visit; there are always a few who associate their choice of material possessions with their worthiness as a human being or their manhood or some other form of insecurity . . .

anyway, I like both cars, and I like both forums as great sources of (somewhat unbiased) real world information; both are a great way to find out about the realities and issues with the cars before buying them, and then become part of the community afterward

and just for the record . . . I have been considering both a Camaro and a Mustang for about the past 6 months . . . and I'm glad I waited, because right now I see the new Mustang as the "winner" for my unbiased money . . . now I just need to decide whether it will be the more "practical" V6 or the over-the-top GT . . .
Old 3/30/10, 05:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gtrules46
I really love the Mustang alot, but just recently bought a Camaro. I know, I KNOW!!!!! Hold you *** rippings. LOL!!!! I am going to give the wife the Camaro & am going to go ahead & purchase the 2011 base GT, 373's, & Brembo Brake packaged Mustang that I have on order, so that we can have the best of both worlds. The Jeep is paid for, so the wife has said that she would take the Camaro 1SS & gave me the go ahead for the Mustang. IS THAT A SWEET DEAL OR WHAT????? I love all performance based cars, but you can bet it WILL be on when my Mustang comes in. My wife has already started talking crap & I haven't given the Camaro to her yet. It's gonna be so awesome. LOL!!!!! This IS my favorite site by the way, cause lots of good people. Have a nice one everybody.
actually, congrats dude. cant hate on that. dont mind the challenger or camaro at all. just some people can be too childish. its great to have the big 3 in the new muscle car wars. Just hope GM and Dodge can stay around and participate for a while.
Old 3/30/10, 06:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Bert
actually when I read the threads over there on Camaro5 (I go there often) they are more balanced than you guys here make them out to be; though there are a few of the "us versus them" fanboys who are Camaro-loyal no matter what, who come up with all these stupid arguments as to why "we" are better than "them" . . .
I'll agree with you that there are folks over on C5 that are reasonable. When they are posting it can be pretty interesting reading. BUT...the second you criticize the Camaro on *any* level, the freaks come out and flame you, all the way up to and including some of the moderators. I've been reading that forum now (haven't signed up) for over a year now. It goes from civil discussion to train wreck in a split second. And every time something bad happens to a members car (gets in a wreck, vandalized, etc.) they almost *always* say "Yeah, was probably a jealous Mustang driver". Huh???

Go look over there now - rather than allow a civil discussion of the Mustang, they merged ALL the threads into one place waaayyy down at the bottom of the forum, almost as if in denial. The mods won't allow discussion of the Mustang, but they do allow bashing of it. Oh, then there's a couple of the guys who actually WORKED on the car who chime in and help fan the flames, I've seen them go after some of the members over there who were having problems with their cars. And Heaven help a member over there if they try to set the record straight on information about the Mustang. Those who have done so are banned. Just like the guy who owns that twin turbo GT500 - he'd been a member there for over two years and 1000 posts, and that one mod got a burr in his *** to ban him because he was setting the record straight on the Mustang in a civil manner. Not to mention the fact they made it a point to tell him he wasn't allowed to come to that Camarofest they are putting on just because he was banned. It's like an element over there is brainwashed, and anytime anyone says the word Mustang they stick their fingers in their ears and go "LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear you!"

So why do I go over there? Well I *was* interested in perhaps purchasing a base Camaro later down the road to go with my Mustang. I have owned two Z28's and a couple of Trans Ams. This is my third Mustang. I like pony cars...ALOT. But honestly the poor attitude and anger directed at any and all things Mustang really turns me off. I don't want to be driving a car and have anyone associate me with that crowd. Nossir. Maybe someday they'll ban the extremists and a couple of their mods, and the place could be pretty cool. I seriously doubt that will happen though.
Old 3/30/10, 08:03 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jay_wx
I'll agree with you that there are folks over on C5 that are reasonable. When they are posting it can be pretty interesting reading. BUT...the second you criticize the Camaro on *any* level, the freaks come out and flame you, all the way up to and including some of the moderators. I've been reading that forum now (haven't signed up) for over a year now. It goes from civil discussion to train wreck in a split second. And every time something bad happens to a members car (gets in a wreck, vandalized, etc.) they almost *always* say "Yeah, was probably a jealous Mustang driver". Huh???
I don't really feel that way. There are definitely issues that people point out about the Camaro, and of course some people say "THE CAMARO IS PERFECT," just like what would happen here with the Mustang. However, tons of people are respectable.

Go look over there now - rather than allow a civil discussion of the Mustang, they merged ALL the threads into one place waaayyy down at the bottom of the forum, almost as if in denial. The mods won't allow discussion of the Mustang, but they do allow bashing of it. Oh, then there's a couple of the guys who actually WORKED on the car who chime in and help fan the flames, I've seen them go after some of the members over there who were having problems with their cars.
The Mustang threads were all merged because they were rehashed threads over and over. There's literally five new threads a day about a single piece of information about the Mustang.

And Heaven help a member over there if they try to set the record straight on information about the Mustang. Those who have done so are banned. Just like the guy who owns that twin turbo GT500 - he'd been a member there for over two years and 1000 posts, and that one mod got a burr in his *** to ban him because he was setting the record straight on the Mustang in a civil manner. Not to mention the fact they made it a point to tell him he wasn't allowed to come to that Camarofest they are putting on just because he was banned. It's like an element over there is brainwashed, and anytime anyone says the word Mustang they stick their fingers in their ears and go "LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear you!"
Not true at all. Go through Garagelogic's posts and see how he acted. He liked the Mustang (no issues there!), but he was clearly on the board to take shots at the Camaro. His signatures almost always had a veiled reference about the Camaro not being good and he had no interest in posting anything unless it involved the Mustang's superiority, which would be fine if it wasn't a Camaro forum.

Trust me, I have learned TONS about the 2011 Mustang from Camaro5 because a lot of information is posted up there about it and discussed. You have to ignore the idiots, of course.
Old 3/30/10, 10:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by DeathChill
I don't really feel that way. There are definitely issues that people point out about the Camaro, and of course some people say "THE CAMARO IS PERFECT," just like what would happen here with the Mustang. However, tons of people are respectable.
I said "I'll agree with you that there are folks over on C5 that are reasonable." There have been plenty of interesting posts, otherwise I wouldn't bother even looking over there. However, when someone says they are having a problem with their car, folks over here are much more respectful and helpful than many of the comments I've read on C5 directed towards Camaro owners with car problems. So that's fine, that you disagree with me. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

The Mustang threads were all merged because they were rehashed threads over and over. There's literally five new threads a day about a single piece of information about the Mustang.
It seems a bit silly to me to merge every topic about the Mustang into one thread. Notice they don't merge all the Camaro threads here into one. Is it right or wrong? Honestly I suppose that's a choice the staff of C5 made, BUT it really doesn't make much sense and it certainly sends a message that they at the least want to limit discussion of the Mustang, if not discourage it. Members here have gotten some info on the Camaro wrong at times and have had the good fortune of having someone knowledgeable on the Camaro as a member here to set things straight.
I'm interested in hearing a good discussion about both cars, limiting the discussion to one side is pretty boring.

Not true at all. Go through Garagelogic's posts and see how he acted. He liked the Mustang (no issues there!), but he was clearly on the board to take shots at the Camaro. His signatures almost always had a veiled reference about the Camaro not being good and he had no interest in posting anything unless it involved the Mustang's superiority, which would be fine if it wasn't a Camaro forum.
Please. Many times he was simply setting the record straight because someone got their facts wrong. And when he would reply umpteen members would reply telling him to leave, that it's a Camaro forum, Mustangs suck, yada yada yada. Granted, those are the ones to be ignored, but that's also something the mods could discourage, yet they chose not to. I'm sorry it just seems odd to me that so many Mustang owners were attacked over there for having an opinion, one that doesn't set well apparently with a certain moderator.

Listen, I respect the fact you may not see things the way I do, and that's fine. I also probably worded some of my post a little strongly, and for that I apologize. And realisitically if I have issues with that forum then should just quit going over there.

But as I said I previously owned two Mustangs, two Z28's and a couple of Trans Ams, and a Fiero GT. So I was interested in learning about the Camaro and wanted to see if I was interested in this version or not, which is why I went over there in the first place. That's how I found out information about the 2005 Mustang, was through *this* site. I just figured that C5 would be like TMS and be a little more open minded.
Old 3/31/10, 12:33 AM
V6 Member

Honestly, from the few threads I've seen over there I have no desire to join that site. That has to be one of the least friendly environments to post if you aren't praising the camaro all the time. The only other site I've been to that was that bad was sportscarforums.com.

Although they were bad mainly because a bunch of kids posts there, camaro5 seems to strongly dislike it when anything other than a camaro is talked about positively.

While I understand every site has its fanboys, the sites I visit don't silence you for countering a point made by the fanboy. On a GM website I go to, I can say I like the mustang better and list my reasons and not have to worry about getting banned or flamed crazily.
Old 3/31/10, 08:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Death, on C5 there are a TON of people who just outright flame you and the mods do Z E R O to them. Exp GTIV whatever...his name is....I had one guy just out right call my car a frankenstein, and garbage....and the post stayed up. Finally I got a pm from one of the better mods...(I'll keep his name out of this) saying he erased the posts because that was not what he thought there site should be about, but because they guy drives a Camaro, well...you know the rest.

As for Garage, that is just crazy. He's been there since he had a GTO.....and heh I can only guess who banned him...probably the same guy who banned me. Its interesting how they let people PERSONAL cars...never mind Mustang or Mopars get bashed, but whoa to the person who even corrects or set the record straight on a guy with a CAmaro in their avatar.

The site does get some cool info though...but its the brainwashed people, and the dictator style "do as I say, not as I do" mods that give that site the rep it has now. Which is basically if you do not own a Camaro...do not post. Because no matter if your stating correct facts or have a different opinion, YOU WILL BE BANNED

Last edited by Ninjak; 3/31/10 at 08:24 AM.
Old 3/31/10, 08:55 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As bad as C5 is, IROC Zone is even worse. Those mulletheads won't even let you talk unless you own one. Apparently someone didn't put it on the site that it's a member's only club.

If C5 wants to be as biased as they are, let them. It outshines the few decent members they have there.
Old 3/31/10, 09:28 AM
V6 Member

LMAO...

Originally Posted by DeathChill
I miss the times where Ninjak and crew would show up and say how we'll all see and that we're wrong.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=231
Old 3/31/10, 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Lol i have a feeling forumwars will be taking someone from camaro5 on their show and put them up against a 5.0 hahaha

http://www.streetfire.net/video/the-...ars_740774.htm
Old 3/31/10, 12:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Camaro 5 and the mods are something else. We are all in this together but they are on a different planet imo. I understand the difference of opinion of course but the mods are *****. I dont care for them. I hope they read this. I try to be subjective over there but I dont ever hardly post. Its because of their **** attitude.

They can all go to hell as far as I am concerned. They get butt hurt over the smallest thing. If the mustang is a tenth quicker they go off. My griipe is not with the members or site but the **** moderators. They flat out suck and they can come into this thread and defend themselves. We dont cut off free speech here to the best of my knowledge.

I cant stand that place because its so Mustang sensitive. One thing is for sure though and that is the cyclone 6 will put the V6 Camaro on the trailer. Good job Ford Motor company. We love you baby.

Last edited by 3Mach1; 3/31/10 at 12:39 PM.
Old 3/31/10, 12:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
you guys must really be board
Old 3/31/10, 12:52 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

the camaro is an awesome car; too bad some of its drivers act the fool
Old 3/31/10, 12:56 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I know in HS (74) one friend had a '65 Fastback and another had a '68 Firebird. They'd play around sometimes but there wasn't this 'hate' thing going on brand against brand. I'm still rooting for the Big 3 (not so big these days) even though I'm a Ford guy.

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/31/10 at 12:57 PM.
Old 3/31/10, 01:15 PM
V6 Member

Gee, a Mustang guy goes on their turf and starts stuff up. Not real cool IMHO. (I am talking about the post with the "I invite you" stuff and the rolling on the floor icon)

Next, that is one of the more partisan sites around and yet people are surprised?

I hang out on CamaroZ28.com a bunch because a good percentage of guys on their seem pretty all right and the "other vehicle" section is one of the better and more interesting ones on the various forums.

I prefer this site for Mustangs because to be honest many of the other sites are anti ever single other car on the road and that bores me.

The best site for the Challenger still irks me because they have some uber partisans who will not allow anything negative to be said about Dodge or the Challenger. I have a huge issues with Dodge dealers and feel they are a good reason why that car lags in sales besides the other fact that it is the most expensive of the three.

I do not understand this need to slam the other guys 24 7, the pure "protect the brand" beyond all logic attitude, or the "lets go over and start stuff on the other guys forum" concept at all.

It makes us look just as petty.

Last edited by merc50; 3/31/10 at 01:18 PM.
Old 3/31/10, 01:29 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by MBK
the camaro is an awesome car; too bad some of its drivers act the fool
No. It is very poorly balanced and featured. The fact that my car out handles it while being heavier and a stick axle shows what a pile it is.
Old 3/31/10, 01:45 PM
eci
Banned

Just another hideous mustang, they have been hideous since the first one was built back in the 60's, Chevrolet is King and always will be.
ROFL
Old 3/31/10, 02:12 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by merc50
I hang out on CamaroZ28.com a bunch because a good percentage of guys on their seem pretty all right and the "other vehicle" section is one of the better and more interesting ones on the various forums.
Just wanted to chime in and recommend CamaroZ28.com as well. They've been online since at least 1996 and they have a pretty good group of regulars there. I haven't visited often since the return of the Camaro. There's always good automotive discussion going on, and the "Automotive News/Future Vehicle Discussion" always has something good to read.

Camaro5 is an absolute disgrace to automotive fansites. I've visited a couple of times and that place is a cesspool of ignorance and vitriol. I'd click on some of the links in this thread for a laugh but I don't want to give them traffic.
Old 3/31/10, 02:19 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From the little time I've spent lurking on CamaroZ28 it is infinitely better than camaro5
Old 3/31/10, 02:33 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by eci
No. It is very poorly balanced and featured. The fact that my car out handles it while being heavier and a stick axle shows what a pile it is.
well it looks cool imo...

also, your car is awesome