General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Camaro5...ROFL!

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/10, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jay_wx
Well the thing is, (at least as long as I've been a member here, nearly 6 years) there has always been discussions *allowed* here about other cars and how they perform. Over on Camaro5, if you so much as get caught talking about anything not related to the Camaro you get flamed. For example, if a member got their facts wrong about the new 5.0 and someone came in and corrected them, that person would be flamed, and if they tried to justify their post by saying they were just trying to set the record straight, they get banned. In other words, if you don't drink their Koolaid, you're out. At least one of the mods over there has completely lost it and is really ruining that forum. Objectivity is not something that forum is known for. Not at all. TMS has always been a great place to discuss the Mustang AND other cars. The mods here do a great job, and while I don't agree with some of those posts on C5, I have to say with some of the comments allowed on that site and their questionable moderating they kind of bring it on themselves. Nearly every time someone has a wreck in their Camaro, it was because of some "phantom Mustang driver" or "Ford driver". Or if their cars get vandalized it was always a Mustang driver. Please. They get themselves worked into such an anti-Mustang mindset that they are almost paranoid. So yeah,
that place is a mess. Until they step back and realize what they are doing they are going to have problems.

So you see, TMS could *never* be as bad as Camaro5.
You hit it right on the head. That mod GTIV or something like that, just bans anyone who does not have a SS in their avatar. Its people like that who ruins a site.

From C5:
Dear Ninjak,

You have received an infraction at Camaro Forum - 2010 Camaro 2011 Camaro / Camaro Z28 SS Forums - Camaro5.com.

Reason: Violation of Forum Rules / Code of Conduct (Third Violation) (30 day ban)
-------
Please don't come back I warned you multiple times about bein here to contirbute objectively intead of exclusively being the mustang voice of reason.

You've worn out your welcome

The countless times I am still trying to figure out. And though it says 30 days, I been permaban..lol
This is what was said:

https://themustangsource.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1608083
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe
Don't know..

WHY do Mustang owners hang out and POST CRAP on a Camaro forum?
Because we need to keep the fact from the fiction.....and this board has a lot of Fantasy poster's when it comes to the Mustang....
SO yeah for posting that in a thread about MUSTANGS I get baned. never mind all the other crap posted there and how people will outright call your car crappy and take personal shots at you. Oh well.

So yeah, this site could never be compared to that place. And whats really funny is how they complain that Challengertalk do them this way. LOL!
Old 3/29/10, 06:05 PM
GT Member

Camaro5 is a joke and I don't miss going there. Some of their mods are the worst especially GTHAVIT. If GM doesn't make some changes to the 2011 Camaro and make it faster or handle better I believe some of those guys will kill themselves. These guys are worse then Honda fanboys when Fast and Furious first came out and was in full swing.
Old 3/29/10, 06:08 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing
Camaro5 is a joke and I don't miss going there. Some of their mods are the worst especially GTHAVIT. If GM doesn't make some changes to the 2011 Camaro and make it faster or handle better I believe some of those guys will kill themselves. These guys are worse then Honda fanboys when Fast and Furious first came out and was in full swing.
I agree, and it's hilarious.
Old 3/29/10, 07:13 PM
GT Member

IMHO the Camaro really needs a redesign far more than any power upgrades. It is simply too much of an oddball design that certainly will not withstand the test of time.
Old 3/29/10, 07:35 PM
Cobra Member

I do think it is funny that those mulleted buffoons are actually desperately stooping to the point of using the Mustang's refreshed rear as a valid complaint against what kind of car the 2011 Mustang is, nevermind that the the 2011 outclasses the Camaro in every way. If you want to get into aesthetics, have they actually looked at their own car? I honestly think the Camaro is just terrible looking any way you look at it, just a mix-mash of ugly lines and angles that don't look good from any perspective. Those weird, half-circular quad tail-lights look especially bad. Let's not even get into the bunker-like interior that looks like it was designed by a 16 year-old boy-racer.

Of course, the moral of the story is that aesthetics are subjective and aren't valid arguments against how good a car is. The 5.0 simply highlights what a joke the Camaro is and the auto press recognizes this. Hopefully GM will be able to salvage their little jalopy in the upcoming model years for the good of us consumers. Competition, real or imagined, is never bad.
Old 3/29/10, 07:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think the Camaro exterior is excellent, TBH...very agressive. The interior, on the other hand...not sure what happened there. LS3, no complaints there.
Old 3/29/10, 10:21 PM
GT Member

The Camaro reminds me of John Gacy wearing his clown make-up. Other than that, it's a good car. http://www.redrumautographs.com/clip_image007.jpg

Last edited by PaulVincent; 3/29/10 at 10:24 PM.
Old 3/29/10, 10:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
They could feasibly add the 3.73 gear option and remap the ECU to contend again. It's not that hard.
Correct. But given the TBSS has the 4.10 and the G8GXP was supposedly able to get it I would bank on it. 3.73 is not much over the 3.46? (can't remember exactly but it's in the 3.40's)

Originally Posted by whysoserious
Very true. And of course don't forget about the upcoming legend, the Z/28! lol
I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Originally Posted by whysoserious
Oh yes, this must be the "a single cam swap will result in 500HP on the LS3" thread I was looking at yesterday. 74HP from cam swap? If you say so.
With a Tune and at least a CAI yes it's not only quite possible but easy. I got an extra 59 RWHP out of a 5.7L LS1 with just a Cam and tune on a smaller engine with heads that flow half as much as the LS3 and it was not the biggest cam available at the time. Just as camaro faithful shouldn't underrate the 5.0 Ford faithful shouldn't commit the same. The LS series respond very well to N/A mods.

Originally Posted by 1trickpony
There's good people in every community but in general there's a lack of mature/rational/objective thought on Camaro 5. The folks I would expect better from, the mods, can be the worst. I read it for humor. By the way, has anyway seen real updates for the Camaro? Except for rumors at the local mullet hair salon, I haven't heard anything. Gears are the only real option open to GM.
Not so. A remap, cai, and underdrive pully nets 454 hp a la SLP SS454. GM has the notes seeing how they are sold off showrooms like that. Gears would just be icing on the cake.

Originally Posted by sixstrings
what is funny is you guys are trashing them for being petty and stupid, but there is a whole group of "them" that are talking up the new mustang and saying that they hope GM steps up.

So with all the mullet and dumb comments going on here, it is actually worse here than at Camaro5.

edit: dumb spelling.....
Naa. I've been on here for a while, and while yes there are a few silly, oblivious, fanboys who are just as bad as those on C5 there aren't as many from what I've seen. I've been in several debates on here (some admittingly I helped turn into a pissing match) countering some of it and have yet to have an infraction of any sort. From what I've seen that wouldn't happen over there.
Old 3/29/10, 10:28 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think people forget parity too.

V6 Mustang -> Camaro V6
Mustang GT -> Camaro SS
Shelby GT500 -> Camaro Z/28 (if/when it comes out)

You shouldn't magazine race a Z/28 against a GT. People always will, but it isn't "right".
Old 3/29/10, 10:39 PM

Here's one I just saw on C5:

Pretty impressive, but a year later and not that much faster
What about the Camaro being dead for eight years, and not that much faster than the '10 Mustang when it comes back? I love the excuses they make for this car. When the Mustang was slightly slower than the Camaro, a tenth of a second was 20 miles. Now that the Mustang is faster, a tenth is pretty much negligible. That makes sense, right? Personally, I like the Mustang a whole lot more than the Camaro, but subjectively arguing about which is better is pointless. Nobody can win that argument because it's based on opinions. They were quick to point out that the Camaro was the better car when the performance numbers said so, contrary to the countless reviews praising the handling, feel, and quality of the Mustang. But, those are all opinions, so, whatever. Now that the Mustang has more than addressed those performance issues, they start throwing around the "yeah, but the Mustang is still ugly" etc. Give me a break.
Old 3/29/10, 10:43 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 83_vert
Here's one I just saw on C5:

What about the Camaro being dead for eight years, and not that much faster than the '10 Mustang when it comes back? I love the excuses they make for this car. When the Mustang was slightly slower than the Camaro, a tenth of a second was 20 miles. Now that the Mustang is faster, a tenth is pretty much negligible. That makes sense, right? Personally, I like the Mustang a whole lot more than the Camaro, but subjectively arguing about which is better is pointless. Nobody can win that argument because it's based on opinions. They were quick to point out that the Camaro was the better car when the performance numbers said so, contrary to the countless reviews praising the handling, feel, and quality of the Mustang. But, those are all opinions, so, whatever. Now that the Mustang has more than addressed those performance issues, they start throwing around the "yeah, but the Mustang is still ugly" etc. Give me a break.
To be fair the 2010 Mustang was 5 tenths slower than the SS on average. A fairly large difference. However, the bull**** excuse of "It's still ugly," is sad.
Old 3/29/10, 10:51 PM

Yeah, I know. I'm pretty sure I remember them bickering about a tenth somewhere though... Maybe 0 - 60. I guess I could've picked a better point to drive home, right? Either way, they aren't consistent.
Old 3/29/10, 11:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

The nature of opinions. The consistancy of a 1 winged bird.
Old 3/30/10, 03:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not so. A remap, cai, and underdrive pully nets 454 hp a la SLP SS454. GM has the notes seeing how they are sold off showrooms like that. Gears would just be icing on the cake.

I don't see GM doing a CAI or underpulleys on a car from the factory. Maybe something dealer installed. There's just a huge difference factory versus aftermarket. Regarding a remap, manufactures have to worry about warranties, emissions and fuel economy. Tuners are not worried about this as much. I doubt there's a lot left on the table for a factory tune and the Corvette would have to get an even bigger power jump to make room for little brother. To offer a factory 440 HP Camaro, GM would need to offer a 450-460 HP Corvette for example. Optional gears do not count toward CAFE numbers and that's why I can see GM doing this. Corvette owners don't feel threaten because the still have more HP. Just my 2 cents.
Old 3/30/10, 05:18 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
You shouldn't magazine race . . . .

Shouldn't magazine race at all, in my opinion . . . .
Old 3/30/10, 12:16 PM
eci
Banned

best thing is my dad is a HUGE mustang guy and i showed him the vid and he pasued it and said WTF is the camaro sleeping or what, and plus why are the comparing diffrent year cars? Either way i like the looks of the camaro so so much more. But lets give them some time to be ahead i mean we are still out selling them for how many months now...
"we are still out selling them"

What a flippin' moron! WE!! LOL!!! WE WE WE WE!
Old 3/30/10, 12:25 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ignorance is an epidemic.

I hope that the 2011 Camaro specs come out this week at NY so they can shut up about what might happen.
Old 3/30/10, 01:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 1trickpony

I don't see GM doing a CAI or underpulleys on a car from the factory. Maybe something dealer installed. There's just a huge difference factory versus aftermarket. Regarding a remap, manufactures have to worry about warranties, emissions and fuel economy. Tuners are not worried about this as much. I doubt there's a lot left on the table for a factory tune and the Corvette would have to get an even bigger power jump to make room for little brother. To offer a factory 440 HP Camaro, GM would need to offer a 450-460 HP Corvette for example. Optional gears do not count toward CAFE numbers and that's why I can see GM doing this. Corvette owners don't feel threaten because the still have more HP. Just my 2 cents.
I don't see them necessarily having to offer more power in the base Vette. It's a lighter and different type of sports car.
Old 3/30/10, 01:40 PM
V6 Member

The chevy/mopar boys better start liking the rear end of the 2011's, they are going to be seeing a lot of it! Only time they will see the front is when its sitting at the dealership waiting on delivery!
Old 3/30/10, 04:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
I don't see them necessarily having to offer more power in the base Vette. It's a lighter and different type of sports car.
On paper yes and Gov Motors has new management. In the past, GM would never offer the same HP in the Camaro and the Corvette, at least officially. I think it was a given GM way underrated the older LS Camaros to preserve the HP "gap" with the Corvette.