Old 12/27/11, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C5

Wow... I thought I was the moron..
This is my first post..
Couple of things...
I am not a troll.
I joined fordgt500.com awhile back..
They thought I was a troll so I moved on.
A little bit about myself.
I joined camaro 5 in early 2006...
I am one (or was) one of the oldest members there next to the owner.
In the last few weeks it has been hectic over there.
I have been flamed by users from anything to being a cry baby...to God what knows...
I asked the owners in a pm months ago to allow me to be a sponsor
for my site zl1registry.org.
What do you think happened? They ignored every one of my emails...
Then I got into a stupid debate of what a Z28 should be or not should be.
( i have owned 19 fbodys) and yes I used to have a 88 mustang LX..
So, I got over the debate about the camaro... They said I was trolling...
Now keep in mind I have been on c5 since its inception (same user name as here almost but it is 1BADZL1 look me up) Today.. Yesterday.. I posted in the ZL1 section a linkback to mysite zl1registry.org a video of the new ZL1...
I had to disguise my url with tiny url because the owner decided to add my site to the banned words section in the C5 admin control panel...
To keep me from spamming my site I suppose...or to pm other members about mysite.. what? Are they afraid my little skimpy forum zl1registry.org is going to put them out of business?? Please!
You guys seem to take this stuff in stride.. Which anyone should do!
Don't believe me? signup to my site... hang out.. talk mustangs.. camaros.. zl1... I encourage it... there is a anything goes section if you cannot find a correct thread to post in..
Back to my story....
well today the owner of c5 sent me a warning... Do not post any links to my site or I would be banned forever.... oopps..
Ok.. they think I am spamming.. so I will not do that anymore right?
So I go to the feedback section...
I title the thread about vendors...
I want to be a C5 vendor where I can advertise my site make sense?
( i did not mention my site url in this particular thread..)
Do you want to take a guess of what they did?
They not only immediately deleted my post... but then I noticed I could not send any pm's! No link to my pm box!
Then.. they stripped me of all my site viewing privileges!
I can log in.. But I am not banned... YET anyway!
But I cannot view any posts or sections... Only thing I can see is how many users are online!
I have been on there FIVE years!
Can one user like myself be that much of a threat to a site that has 1,000's of users???
Not one of them tried to ask me what my problem was... Or try to calm me down... There are some good moderators over there...
Dragoneye for one... Love him.. He does not know my sad story...
feel free to show him this thread....
Ok... sorry for the long winded vent! I had too!
I feel much better now...!
I am surprised its so layed back here the mods have not deleted this thread yet? wow! Impressive!

Last edited by BADZL1; 12/27/11 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12/27/11, 08:23 PM

waite here is more..
After a discussion with Tran, it's been decided that your account on Camaro5.com will be banned.

Reasons include spamming your website via PMs, posts, and attempting to hide the url to avoid the automated censor to drive traffic via posting a video. All this after a discussion on the topic between you and I resulting in an agreement to wait some time before we readdressed the issue of sponsorship. At the time of this discussion, you were to cease the activities that resulted in the censorship of the URL in the first place.

Though we are bound by our common enthusiasm for the Camaro, and more specifically the ZL1, this must be set aside in order to realize that you are not conducting yourself in the manner befitting a Camaro5.com member. Specifically I'd like to note your scathing comment to one of our moderators that you did not think he deserved the position.

I'm sorry to break this news to you.

I'll entertain one email with any question you have, and do my best to answer...but that'll be it.
Old 12/27/11, 09:36 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow that's lame. As long as someone isn't trolling,there's no reason to ban. Most members enjoy healthy discussion on the boards about cars, not just the Mustang. Hopefully your time here is a bit better than C5.
Old 12/27/11, 10:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
If your story is true, I think TMS should make this guy a supporting vendor and allow him to link to his ZL1registry site.

When I was younger, I was raised a diehard Ford enthusiast. As I grew up, I learned to appreciate all tastefully modded cars and ventured into all kinds of forums/car magazines. When it comes down to it, my heart still pumps Ford blue blood, but I can...see the other side, if you will. The ZL1 will be an awesome machine, and I'm glad I live in a time where we have options like the ZL1 and GT500. I just wish I lived in a time (like the 1960s) where the average schmuck like myself could actually afford it...
Welcome to TMS!
Old 12/27/11, 11:25 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well welcome to the friendliest place on the web! You can rest easy knowing that you wont experience that situation again. (hopefully) haha
Old 12/27/11, 11:34 PM

Every time I go to the c5 site they are banning someone or closing posts (like the one about the 2013 Shelby). Its a D bag fanboy site imo.
Old 12/28/11, 04:37 AM
FR500 Member

Wow, just Wow.

Old 12/28/11, 06:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by eci
Ford hasn't had a good N/A engine in a long time. By "good" I mean something I would be happy with. The 3v just didn't cut it.

I would love to see a larger displacement version. I would pay $60k for a 5.8L Boss w/ IRS. Are you listening Ford?

IRS would make the car perfect. Yes, I know the stick axle performs excellent on the track. IRS is superior if you drive the car on actual government paved roads. No way around that. A bump on the left rear tire affecting the right rear geometry doesn't inspire confidence, even with a Watts.
According to MotorTrend Magazine, you'll get the IRS in 2015. As to the 60K asking price, I for one am glad that Ford makes these pony cars in the "average working class" price range so the masses can have some fun. Its obsurd when the big 3 put out vehicles that scream power, but place the price range in orbit. Viper, died. Corvette, way overpriced. Challenger, still the sharpest retrofit remake, but sadly underpowered. Camaro, ugly IMO. Mustang, perfect. Price is still obtainable by more than the average worker. That's why it sells.

The aftermarket is there for those who wish to take it up a notch or 3. Keep the base prices the way they are. Ford is listening.
Old 12/28/11, 06:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Good old eci hangs out over there now? Hmph.
Old 12/28/11, 09:05 AM
Cobra Member

Why on earth would you want to drive a nice car to walmart? I drove my 07 there, but parked out in the back. I don't even want to drive the Boss to that **** hole, I just take my F-250 now.
Old 12/28/11, 08:14 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Good old eci hangs out over there now? Hmph.
I think it makes more sense to assume he originated there lol
Old 12/28/11, 08:16 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I think it makes more sense to assume he originated there lol
Or hatched there.
Old 12/28/11, 08:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eh, I wanted to make it to 1000 posts at Camaro 5 slowly stirring the pot before I blew myself out. I was three posts shy when they showed me the door on my second warning. Another lofty goal, gone.
Old 12/29/11, 02:14 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Or hatched there.

Originally Posted by jsaylor
Eh, I wanted to make it to 1000 posts at Camaro 5 slowly stirring the pot before I blew myself out. I was three posts shy when they showed me the door on my second warning. Another lofty goal, gone.
It was worth a shot! LOL
Old 12/29/11, 02:33 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BADZL1
I joined fordgt500.com awhile back..
They thought I was a troll so I moved on.

I joined camaro 5 in early 2006...
I am one (or was) one of the oldest members there next to the owner.
In the last few weeks it has been hectic over there.
I have been flamed by users from anything to being a cry baby...to God what knows...
I have been on there FIVE years!.....
So many of these forums are run by power trippers with major personality deficiency. They seem to revel in having control over somebody - regardless of reason or mis-communication (which is oh so easy on the web), etc. Total control freaks. I'd hate to be their wife, or their kid, or their dog... then again they're prob in a one room apartment living alone because they drove everybody out of their life.

Advertisers and sponsors care about one thing - eyeballs. When these (other) forum hitlers churn and burn members, all they are doing is devaluing the monetary value of their pitiful site. duh

Welcome to TMS - its pretty nice here.
Old 12/29/11, 02:36 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

So many of these forums are run by power trippers with major personality deficiency. They seem to revel in having control over somebody - regardless of reason or mis-communication (which is oh so easy on the web), etc. Total control freaks. I'd hate to be their wife, or their kid, or their dog... then again they're prob in a one room apartment living alone because they drove everybody out of their life.

Advertisers and sponsors care about one thing - eyeballs. When these (other) forum hitlers churn and burn members, all they are doing is devaluing the monetary value of their pitiful site. duh

Exhibit A: http://www.mustangevolution.com/
I know I'm gonna get heat for that one.
Old 12/29/11, 03:27 PM
Post *****

That's like sig worthy right there! Are you high Charlie?
Old 12/29/11, 03:48 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
On my best behavior today! (after I deleted the "except for...")
Old 12/29/11, 03:50 PM
Post *****

On my best behavior today! (after I deleted the "except for...")
Must have missed that part.
Old 12/29/11, 04:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I got a warning on my 3rd post on C5. I like to visit there because you never what anti Mustang stuff you'll see or read.